have you ever met any famous hipster?

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by unionpacificrailroad, Sep 4, 2004.

1. lovelightlisa

lovelightlisa Senior Member

awww...yeah father time can be a mean old bastard, i'm not planning on personally getting to know his tricks soon, though ofcourse every step you make is right in his pocket :$

2. THUDLY

THUDLY Member

You are so damn pretty! (And intelligent, too.) I wish, Oh God!, I wish I was 22 again and Lovely Lisa Love Lights was in my hairy arms. But, that is just wishful thinking, LovelyLisa Light!

xxxxxxx!
    \

3. lovelightlisa

hahahaha, don't wish you were 22!
    i like you just the way you are :)
    well...
    i dunno actually...
    who are you?
    ;)

-xxxxxx-

4. THUDLY

THUDLY Member

LisaLovelyLight-- go to Google.com, and type in Burl N. Corbett. That will give you a clue, dear. (Ain't it shameless-- I have a daughter your age!) BTW-- I need royalties, so buy the book.

5. lovelightlisa

6. THUDLY

THUDLY Member

Are you going to buy my novel, LuvLisaPretty-poo? My name will get the cover photo (which I took) on Amazon.com or Barnes and Noble.com. It's a great novel, Lisa-- I'd like to sign it for you. BTW, IM me, if you're still on line. I'm jumping all around the forums-- can't catch me!

7. lovelightlisa

lol, im you...as on yahoo or something? whats your yahooname thing than...or msn or something, i send you amessage back already...
    if i ever have money, i'll buy the novel!

8. THUDLY

THUDLY Member

One used to be able to access another through the hip forums-- I guess not, now, I'm bad on computers--an old fuck, I guess. Here's my address in case you would wish to write snail-mail (which I prefer), Burl N. Corbett, 181 Mullen Hollow Rd., Birdsboro, PA 19508.

OR:

610-582-0401

Many kisses xxxxxxxxxxxxx to my beautiful, intelligent, well-cleaveged sweetie-pie!xxxxx!

9. lovelightlisa

10. THUDLY

THUDLY Member

You are cute, you know. A web-kiss from a middle-aged connesuier of woman-hoodXX (You realize, I hope, I'm pretty well tanked?) I STILL CYBER-LOVE MY LITTLELISALIGHTLOVELYLASS!

Keep that look going--round sun-glasses, cuteish smile & nice cleveage-- WHOOO!

11. lovelightlisa

LOL LOL LOL!!!!! big kiss back! ;)

12. Jointman69

Jointman69 High Nigga Pie

i met matthew mccoughnehay(sp?) in the airport in houston....not really a hipster but he played in dazed n confused so that should count lol

13. THUDLY

THUDLY Member

Next day. THUDLY reads his previous posts when he was drunk. Guess what, folks? THUDLY stands by his posts! ( However, he may have phrased them differently. Then, again, maybe not.

All people who think LovelightLisa is some sexy and cute, raise your hands!

(The sun is darkened momentarily!)

Lovely Lisa Forum-Maid!

14. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

jerry hugged and kissed me when i was about 7.. my parents took me to one of his shows...

15. lovelightlisa

that makes me wanna hug you!!!

oh wait, i always wanted to hug you, i mean, look at you and that smile :)
    but this makes it even more special!

may i hug you?

16. LaylaSkye_Loves_Geo

LaylaSkye_Loves_Geo Member

Damn.

I think I just died of a George overdose. That's so amazing (yeah...ok...maybe I'm a little jealous...but just a little). George just seems like he would be the greatest guy to hang with. Everyone seemed to adore him.

I know I do.

I wish I had gotten the chance to see him before he died. I wouldn't have freaked out (although I'd really, really, really want to) I'd just try to be as calm as possible and say a quick thank you to him for being such a positive and strong influence in my life.

Such a beautiful story.

~Layla

17. Lucysky

Lucysky Original Hippie

CONTEST TIME!

O.K. now the 15-year old dork in the middle is me MANY years ago. (I have to laugh when I see the outfit I was wearing back then!)

Now, on to the Contest. The first person to guess who the two guys in the photo are gets a big virtual hug from me! (Hey, that's all I have to offer! - LOL)

[​IMG]

18. robspace2

robspace2 Banned

------You have great recall-I can remember alot but not that much detail-It's funny how the mind works to bring up the good times and bury the rest-but there were alot of good times-I would say that being a long haired Owsley dropping young man of 17 in 66-was great-the Haight was mellow-and the original Fillmore was fantastic-it was like once you walked in the door; you could get just as zoned out as possible and not ever worry about the cops or any drunks or fights or any of the barrom type crap-The Avalon was even cozier with the overstuffed furniture that seemed to swallow you up when you sat in it: then again it could have been that purple cap I ate ----my- my-lock the doors Chet-don't open em up till dawn-and let the Dead -Quicksilver -B.B.A.T.H.C. and Pearl rock away the night-Me and my buddie were always trying to beat Bill Grahmn out of his 3 dollar door charge-We made it a mission to sneak in every show at the Fillmore or Winterland-We made it maybe 50% of the time-not bad as you know-Bill really liked that money and watched the till like a madman-one night -to get in for an Airplane show at Winterland we climbed up the fire escape ladder on the side of the building-real high up there!-very scary-when we hit the top the door was open and bam! we are back stage and acting like we balonged there-We watched the airplane go into a little room back there -so we did too-! funny no one stopped us-there was a big tub of ice with beer in it-evrybody was drinking-so we did too-I sat down next to Grace Slick on the couch-as I was busy looking up her short skirt-she asked me for a beer-there was no more-so I gave her mine-and it was well worth the price of admission-fine night -the place was great-and free is a very good price-the end-P.S-I miss the fish and chips on Height-that guy would load ya up with so much for so little-loved it-It's nice being young and able to put away so much grease and live to tell about it-if I tried that now-I'd be in the O.R!

19. pieman

pieman Member

20. cosmicdust

cosmicdust Member

The only famous hipster that I met was John Sinclair, who is mostly a Beatnik Warrior Poet and a Blues and Jazz Scholar, but his interests and accomplishments even run further. He is also an author (Guitar Army (1972)), a ex-DJ down in New Orleans, ex-manager of the legendary Detroit band MC-5, jazz/blues musician (JOHN SINCLAIR & HIS MOTOR CITY BLUES SCHOLARS), involvement with the Detroit Arts Workshop and Detroit City Arts Quarterly, an intellectual and a political activist (mostly involving marijuana legalization).

He also founded the White Panthers Party (a group of white radicals organized IN SOLIDARITY WITH the Black Panthers Party), who were anti-war radicals and counter-cultural "hippie" revolutionaries, in the late 1960's/early 1970's.

His most noted political activism involved marijuana law reform, toward decriminalization, and hopefully, full legalization. In 1969, when John was the leader of the White Panther group in Michigan, he was busted by a undercover officer, for buying 2 joints, and received a sentence of 9-1/2 yrs. in prison. This ignited a fuse within the hippie community, for John Sinclair's release. He was considered a PODW, i.e. a Prisoner Of the Drug War.

At WOODSTOCK 1969 (which I didn't attend, as I was only 15 yrs. old and didn't drive a car, then), Abbie Hoffman, while high on acid (not suprisingly), ran on stage to deliver his rap about the plight of John Sinclair, Pig Nation and so forth. Pete Townshend (leader of the Who), bonked Hoffman on his head with his electric guitar (according to the highly-recommended book: ACID DREAMS by Martin A. Lee & Bruce Schlain, GROVE PRESS, NEW YORK, pg.253).

"Acid blew all sense of proportion, all sense of a frame, to smithereens. I mean it just blew the frame right out of the picture . . . It gave you a sense of infinite possibility. You could do anything if you just DID it---totally! You could walk right into the sky." --- John Sinclair

"All your big decisions were made on LSD. And while that might be an exciting way to operate, its not the most intelligent way. To think that your personal consciousness can overcome historical forces is a mistake." --- John Sinclair

Another famous John, i.e. John Lennon of the Beatles, also took an interest in John Sinclair's plight. He even composed a song, simply entitled: John Sinclair, which was played with his acoustic guitar. In the early 1970's, people said I looked alot like John Lennon, with my shoulder-length hair and round, wire-rimmed glasses. I never met John Lennon. personally, but one year, at the ANN ARBOR ART FAIR, they did exhibit some of his original art works (along with Grace Slick of the Jefferson Airplane and Jerry Garcia of The Grateful Dead, both offering cool, acrylic paintings, somewhat psychedelic).

More recently, a group entitled KILLER UP, sang 3 songs about John Sinclair, on their CD album: PRAYER FOR JOHN SINCLAIR. I'm not familar with this group.

John Sinclair's bust for 2 joints (in 1969), helped spark-off a annual rally for the legalization of marijuana in Ann Arbor, Michigan, called the ANN ARBOR HASH BASH (www.hashbash.com), which is held from HIGH Noon-1pm, on the University of Michigan "diag", every FIRST SATURDAY in APRIL. Originally, the date was APRIL 1st (APRIL FOOL'S DAY!), but a higher attendance was guaranteed by making it appear on Saturday (in any year). This year (2005), marked its 34th year! The weather usually determines attendance numbers.

At the A2 (Ann Arbor) HASH BASH, in the 70's, there was a huge attendance, with pot and acid flowing like water and many, many vendors of paraphenalia. But TODAY, it involves more serious political activation. The "partying" occurs later, after the U of M diag speeches, in front of Casa Dominicks' restaurant (810 Monroe Street) and is called the Monroe Street Fair & Block Party (www.monroestreetfair.com). Local bars and restaurants provide further partying into the midnight hours.

On the website: www.monroestreetfair.com, I found a picture of myself. On the first webpage click: NEW>>> Photos Slide Show 2004 (near the left bottom of the page) and go to the 7th slide/picture (www.monroestreetfair.com/Monroe%20Street%20Fair%202004/Slide%20Show%202004.htm), with a blue tarp/tent in front of Casa Dominick's (restaurant). You can see me (sitting on the ground in the extreme right, lower corner of the slide), to the right of a hippie chick (wearing a bright lime green sweater). I'm wearing a jean jacket with a WOODSTOCK emblem (white dove w/guitar on a red background) and a tie dye WOODSTOCK baseball cap.

www.photowithmonkey.com/gallery/hashbash2005 is the website where you can view a few B&W photos from this year's (2005) ANN ARBOR HASH BASH , but I'm not in any of them. 2004 was better, with more people and action. 2005 was too cold and windy.

The Monroe Street Fair & Block Party is where you can experience John Sinclair's poetry w/GlowB band, playing at 4:20 PM EDT (of course). Other local Michigan blues/jazz/psychedelic bands are featured. Not WOODSTOCK, but a "micro" version. John Sinclair's poetry (at this year's ANN ARBOR HASH BASH-2005), reflected anti-war sentiments and a poem about Sandoz, a psychedelic bike ride, Mr. Hoffman and LSD. He appeared full of life.

Today, John Sinclair lives in Amsterdam, Holland (since 2003), because of diabetes, damaged knee tendons from a fall and to get away from the anti-marijuana and fascist policies of the Bushies New World Order (Odor). Can you blame him? He should be in Ann Arbor for the 2006 ANN ARBOR HASH BASH, but who knows what the future will bring, for certain? There have been internet rumors of a WOODSTOCK 2009 (do a YAHOO search). Let's just hope!

Peace, love, groovy baby and mind/spirit expansion toward infinity