Have You Ever Ended Up Hating Your Idols As People?

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by Ged, Oct 4, 2018.

1. YungSAVi

YungSAVi Rapper

Not at all, at the end of the day, they'll do what their gonna do, it's their lives.

Irminsul likes this.
  2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I never was into them to the extent they were idols. And I may not even have noticed the hit song at release, i just got to see it plenty of times later. It always annoyed me. Desperate attempt to get in the mainstream picture.

I rarely begin to tolerate a bad song because of one good ingredient (like a bassline). And yeah, these kind of hit songs making both rock and hip hop look like very mediocre genres probably made it difficult for many people to get an interest in good hip hop. Me neither wasn't interested until years later :p Still not a fav genre. But at least now i can acknowledge there's good stuff in it and even enjoy some

3. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

i was disappointed Batman turned out to be a fictitious character.

4. Devan Rojek

Devan Rojek Senior Member

Not "hating", because that's a very strong word. More like a tad disappointed. Happened recently, actually. This guitarist I always thought were reasonable and gentlemanly, not to mention highly inspirational when it came to his music, said during a particular interview something that I perceived as borderline bullying of another guitarist who is kind of controversial. Now, I love both of them but when the interviewer pretty much ridiculed the latter guitar player, the former kind of simply went along and didn't even defend the guy. They've even toured together and seemed like they were having a blast in each other's presence, to this BS. I still can't completely dislike the guitarist in question, because he's one of my biggest inspirations. So no, definitely not "hating".

5. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

O J Simpson and Bill Cosby were serious let downs

6. Nah i wouldn't say hate. I'd say disappointed in a few of my idols.
    Some of them were in bands that had disbanded when they were just about to go on tour.