have you ever been to seattle?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by BunnySuit, Jan 20, 2009.

1. BunnySuit

BunnySuit Senior Member

the stadium area is not very nice to be in at all.

I just love the city. I like that after living here my entire life i can't tell who the tourists (well, the non-asian ones) and the locals are.

I like being down by the water, i like being up in the weirder areas, i like drive down into the city with the buildings on either side. We have such defined seasons.

There is always something to do, there is great music, great people, and things i'll never grow tired of seeing. It's cool to just go hang out atthe market or the center.

2. BunnySuit

BunnySuit Senior Member

This has been the most extreme year ever.
    But it's right off the water and all that jazz. It's really not as bad as the tv makes it seem.

3. BunnySuit

BunnySuit Senior Member

i just really like it. i'm curious as to what others think.

4. Unknown American

Unknown American Rogue Capitalist

Okay 4 months out of the year the entire Seattle area is beautiful.

The water and the green of the emerald city many times has overwhelmed by ability to describe the beauty.

That being said. The traffic and commute sucked. The cost of living is sky high. Taxes suck the big one. When it is not those 4 months, it rains.

Beautiful and all.

It is the type of place if you lived there all your life you would love it.

5. BunnySuit

BunnySuit Senior Member

indeed it is :)

6. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Seattle really had a serious uplift October 3rd 1969 at 6:10 am at Seattle University Hospital for sure! ;)

7. nesta

nesta Banned

i've visited seattle twice, but never stayed in the city. both visits were 5 day trips, one in highschool, and one two summers.

both times i was pleased with how clean and safe the city seemed in comparison to what i'm used to. public transportation is fairly reliable. it's a downright gorgeous part of the country, too. last time i went i flew into bellingham (yes, they have an airport aparrently) and took a rental car to visit my friend, and though i was nervous driving in a new area, not really knowing where i was going, in a car i'd never driven before, i still enjoyed most of it.

first time i went we stayed in my friend's uncle's apartment while he was out of town. he lived in samamish at the time. and we just got on the bus to go to the city and just run around every day. went to see a concert, too, which was ok.

second time i went my friend lived out that way, and also not really in seattle but very close. she lived on vashon, and we only went into seattle maybe twice, so i guess really it was more like a trip to vashon. i was even more enamored with that town, i could really get used to a place like that with ready access to a big city but living in a very small-town atmosphere.

great food in both vashon and seattle....except for the mexican place in vashon. i dont recommend it. but gusto girls is cool. seattle itself is practically overflowing with good food and cool little shops.

for a pretty big city, i never felt intimidated by it (except for driving on those fucking convoluted highways, and packing a car onto a ferry)....it was clean, the people were generally very kind and polite, and even on my first trip there we ended up staying out, walking around downtown till 6:30 or so and never were nervous about it at all, really.

honestly, theres not much of anything thats given me a bad impression about it.

oh, but the hills are rough when you're running for a ferry or something.

the asian market is pretty badass, though.

8. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

People don't sing about my home. And they certainly don't mention it in movies.

9. nesta

nesta Banned

that night we were out all night was crazy. we rarely speak of it.

we went to a concert, then ended up in a pizza place watching a live jug band in the back room. met some cool people there, went to a coffee shop in capitol hill, met some of their friends, smoked a bowl sitting on the sidewalk, had plans to go watch the sunrise at the park, but instead ended up witnessing an ugly-people orgy at someone's apartment and being beckoned to join. we just kinda dipped out of there.

10. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

I don't think I've really got a "home town".
    I'm from one place , but I've lived longer elsewhere.And I've moved round abit

Is that good or bad?Maybe a home town is a burden.
    Somehow I feel at home on a plane.
    Everything looks beautiful from up there.So big , but so small.
    And cities seem to take on a cartoon like format...
    Dunno...

11. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i was there back in 2001, it was the start of my bike trip across the country. was a decent city, had its homeless people who i kicked, went to some random ass religious service in the downtown area, the market was pretty sweet, rainy = didn't enjoy, nice views off into the ocean...all in all, was a decent city to visit - ranks about the same as NYC for me. it it wasn't for the rain, it would be much better than NYC...

12. nesta

nesta Banned

i dont mind rain at all.

the first visit it didnt rain once. there was a little rain my second visit, though.

but one single complaint - due to geographical factors, seattle doesnt freeze over or get too very cold very often...it happens, of course, but the winters generally are supposed to be a lot milder than here in the midwest. much less better cold.

but while it doesnt get AS cold, the summers are super short, and dont get hot. my last trip was in june and i had to dress in layers, and i still shivered at night (when wearing pjs, jeans, a tshirt and a hoodie)

13. TheChaosFactor

TheChaosFactor Senior Member

I lived in Seattle for YEARS, in what may still be called First Hill Apartments. I've also lived in Kent, Des Moines, and Federal Way. My Dad actually lives right around 320th, just down the street from the library.

LOVE IT. It's my dream to get the fuck out of Indiana and get back there.

14. nesta

nesta Banned

i'm very happy to live in bloomington, but any other town in indiana and i'd fucking hate it.

15. TheChaosFactor

TheChaosFactor Senior Member

There's simply not enough to do here.... and women in Indiana are by far some of the most snobbish bitches I've ever met. . . and the worst part is they're by far not even the most attractive women in the area.

16. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

The weather in Seattle sucks this time of year. There can be heavy fog all day and it can rain for days on end. The first two weeks of January this year I never saw the sun once. The summer is really nice here though. Hardly any rain for like 3 months with highs in the 70-80's. Low humidity. Perfect.

17. Jaitaiyai

Jaitaiyai Cianpo di tutti capi

Bloomington has a labyrinth?
    Cool.

18. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

Does spending 20+ hours in the SEA-TAC airport count? The Starbucks was open 24/7 and that was neato...

19. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Yes, I have been to Seattle.

It's too cold there for me.