Have you ever been influenced?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

The side of Instagram I look at is sooo apart from that stuff.
    People who go and dig up 100 year old bottles and just want to show everyone.
    People who do transient art on the beach.

Actually I do look at a lot of the modern young people stuff too, but that's because it keeps me in touch with the zeitgeist .

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i'm not even sure what an "influencer" is in this context. i sometimes advertise on facebook for work, am i an influencer?

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Not from social media, I dont think, I doubt even Rhi Rhi could influence me to buy something ;)

I have brought specific products because they appear in recipes on Masterchef.

But thats all I can think of. Clothes, I have to go window shopping, dont even order stuff on line.

Am curious how effective influencing actually is, especially when that person isnt a celebrity beyond instagram. Assume its really a catching 1 in 10,000 followers type thing, direct advertising more likely to catch 1 in 100

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Direct advertising costs money though, influencers get a discount on the product... or maybe a free sample at best.

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Kylie Jenner gets $US 400,000 and up for a single product endorsing instagram post, but has something crazy like 150 million followers

6. parua

parua Members

Sometimes I buy a suggested book by Amazon, but I always research the book first before buying (or not buying). I most likely would have stumbled across most of the suggested books anyway, but some I probably wouldn't have.

7. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I don’t get online clothes shopping. I have tried it once or twice and it never works for me. Learned my lesson.

8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Ok, I’ve heard that term Negatory used only once in my entire life

Ah, you wanna give me a 10-9 on that,
    Pig Pen? Negatory, Pig Pen; you're still too close.
    Yeah, them hogs is startin' to close up my sinuses.
    Mercy sakes, you better back off another ten.

I think you were influenced by the song Convoy [​IMG]

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

i prefer pepsi over coke strictly because of NASCAR allegiances and will refuse brands based on the same principal.

10. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

People who are so easily influenced are more likely to turn to the dark side [​IMG]

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah that's cool. I know it's rediculous but at the same time it's just me to pick sides and my NASCAR teams and Hendrick Motorsports runs deep in me and, well I guess, if I ever need to paint I'll be looking for Axalta for their superior coating and fantastic color ranges, and I'll be getting a pespi for its crisp, refreshing taste, and I don't give a h00t what anyone has to say about it neither. :p

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

If i do it, and Im not at home when they deliver it, they leave a little card in the letterbox, which one uses to collect it from the post office

....which in my case is in the middle of my nearest mall anyway

So, I just go buy stuff in the mall, get it there and then

13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Ugh, pepsi, not that I drink much coke.

But ugh, just take 1/2 can of coke, add a litre of water, 20 extra teaspoons of sugar, and you have a bottle of pepsi

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Haha. It took me a while.
    But when I was growing up, because Jeff Gordon was sponsored by Pepsi, my dad used to buy me 1 can each week and after the race I would have the can of Pepsi. And I never liked it over coke. But when Jeff Gordon won a race then that pespi tasted amazing and so, pretty much from the younger days I've just gotten used to Pepsi and coke sux. :D

And dewalt tools can suck a fat one too.
    And shell.
    And m&ms too I don't buy that shit.

And there's a plethora of others, believe you me, I just don't want to come across as petty or anything. :tongueclosed::tongueclosed:

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Lolz

16. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I would take a wild guess that it's probably more effective on the under 25 demographic

17. parua

parua Members

I can't say that I'm easily influenced. I've had a Twitter account for weeks, and the only thing that I've bought in the last few days, other than groceries, is this:
    20190704_044032.jpg

No influence at all.

18. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Looks Like The Top Half Of A "Blow Up Doll"....:screamcat:....Would You Care To Explain...???... :D

Cheers Glen.

19. parua

parua Members

I'm not even bald, really. Not sure why I really bought it after joining Twitter. I can't think of any famous twitterer who has hair like the top of a blow up doll. Especially not a loud mouth sitting in the oval office who has little man's syndrome.

20. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I remember when that movie came out...but I never watched it.
    I looked it up, it is a radio term (truckers mostly) as the word "no" can be misunderstood over a CB.