Have you ever been influenced?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Have you ever brought something just because an "influencer" on instragram/facebook/ twitter etc advertzed it?

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

fuck no

tumbling.dice likes this.
  3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Bang Energy Drinks because a Hot Woman who goes to EDM festivals promotes them

This isn't her ad but it's more or less along these lines.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  4. YungSAVi

YungSAVi Rapper

Nope, never will.

5. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

No. I only like Instagram accounts that don't list products in the picture descriptions. I find it instantly off-putting and uninteresting.

6. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

It actually makes me less likely to buy it, just for the sake of being a contrarian.

Have you?

Driftrue likes this.
  7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I'm clearly the contrarian here being the only one to actually have bought something. :tongueclosed:

8. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I stopped using Facebook in 2009 and never had an instagram

But part of my job is promoting our company on social media. So yeah :sweatsmile:

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Not at all. I dont even follow anyone like that on Instagram. I follow my friends and I follow visual artists and photographers and that's it

YungSAVi likes this.
  10. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I have never been influenced to log onto any one of those sites in the first-place.

I did open a Facebook account some years ago, but got banned for inappropriate behavior
    My inappropriation was not logging on for more than a year. :worried::worried: :yum::yum::yum: . .

11. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Yeah, I recently discovered the #oldbottles tag and that's much more interesting to me than influencers selling concealer and.. Handbags.. Or whatever.

12. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Yah, the vast majority of influencers I've seen have been from people in Start Ups basically recommending items from other start ups, promotions, sales, etc.

It seems like a decent enough way to get some recognition and establish some clout in their respective industry. It provides an avenue to get a brand out there which doesn't have to solely rely on SEO and traditional forms of marketing.

13. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

It seems a decent enough way of making consuming the centre of your existence

14. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

I've never been influenced. I'm not even human.

15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

all the time. everyone is. whether they have the slightest idea about it or not.
    but its a two way street too. all of us, everyone, is all the time influencing everyone and everything else.

its all statistical though. almost never total. you can almost never say it was this one person or book or time or incident that influenced me any one particular way,
    or that you did anyone or thing else. but statistically, every last living organism, and even quite a few seemingly inert objects, are all the time influencing each other.

this doesn't relieve anyone of responsibility for their choices of the kind of example the set. which is where most influencing comes from.
    although story telling is another medium of doing so. as of course is music and visual communication.

even if you live in a cave, you don't "live in a cave". the shape and form of the walls, the map of the passage ways, the form and substance of which they are composed,
    every last thing you sense and touch in any way, influences you and you it, in tiny fractional ways, again its all statistical, but the universe we live in is statistical and its all very real.

more real of course, then what people try to tell each other. including of course me now.

16. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

^ I bet you know some interesting Furry Influencers

Driftrue likes this.
  17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Uhm.... you guys know that many instagram influencers promote stuff subtilely, right? Like, you're regularly checking an instagrammer for their useful tips or instructions and then they will advice one (or several, to keep the idea of being impartial alive) brand, without tagging the brandname.
    Popular instagrammers who started with honest tutorials often sell out sooner or later because they get noticed by marketeers and seduced to subtilely promote a brand.
    These marketeers know blatantly promoting stuff by a instagrammer who gained popularity by 'keeping it real' turns off a certain amount of viewers. So they deliberately ask them to do it in a way it seems an opinion or legit discovery.

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

you can't leave the magic, because the magic is you.
    but its not about personalities, though we each separately exist,
    but how it all comes together, how all of each of our little tiny parts add up together to produce the experiential world in which we live.

yes i can name individuals, cherreh's hani, or fox amore's bringing together great furry musicians as well as his own keyboard and stage presence.
    visual artists, too many to mention.

and in that vane, the late dogbomb, and, yah i know, the name, and he chose it, a whole movement to promote a.l.s. research, in memorial to him.

i don't hang out or even have an account on corporate social media sites, any of them. the closest i get to social media is right here,
    and sharing my own attempts at visual communication of fur affinity.

but influence, or as i prefer the term, inspiration, isn't something individuals pull out of where ever, even if that's their intention,
    its what's all around us, and if one source feels like its exerting too much influence, as it often can,
    you know the old saying, its time to stop and smell the roses,
    which what i'm saying, is go for a walk and look for everything that is to your mind calm and beautiful and not trashed up by hype.

if you have car, back roads out in the nearest semi-wilderness,
    but to really feel it, you need to someplace get out and walk.

and if you don't, you can still ride a bus, or just walk to begin with, any place that looks a little bit like nature.

influence; wake up with what you remember from your own dreams.

and i'm not innocent of trying to influence, that's what i make pictures for. well one reason anyway,
    but that's not for being about me, i'd be fine if no one ever noticed there was a me behind making them,
    they're about how creating and exploring belong to and gratify everyone,
    you know, what a world might look like that robbed no one of doing so.

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Do you use Instagram for useful tips and instructions though? I look up tutorials on YouTube; I've never considered Instagram for that purpose
    @Asmodean

Edit, but either way I've never purchased a product recommended by someone in a tutorial

20. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Negatory.