Have we become complacent about Trump?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by newo, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

And people have grown sick to death of a system that's going to let it all ride out.

2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

you do realize that no impeached president has ever been removed from office...right?

also is mike pence any better?..do you think he wouldnt just do what trump wants even in the unlikely groundbreaking event that trump were actually impeached and removed from office?

seems like an awful waste of time and resources when you could just focus on trying to win the next election

im not even going to mention the double term that americans also seem to be making into tradition

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Because most Republicans will vote for him. More then in 2016. Party loyalty goes a long way. It's simple they will sell the idea that he now has experience and he's been better about daily scandals. Those scandals are just liberals angry anyway so are they really a big deal?
    These people don't even believe in Russia they are not living in the real world. You have to vote for Trump or else we risk another Obama or Hillary. Hillary was not liked but the new guy will be so we must stop him because more liberals will vote. That experience is now a good thing whereas in 2016 it was good to not have it. The rules will change. Trust me it will me more votes then 2016. Even though many Republicans don't like him they will buy what the party sells.

4. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Most Republicans I know, don't support him. And a lot, never did.

Plus, we have to acknowledge the fact that about half the Democrats sat out last year because...I don't know. They hated Hilary or they didn't but were so sure she couldn't lose, that they didn't vote. Anyway, point is, I would be really surprised to see a guy with a 30% approval rating win re-election.

Trump's bad news. Anyone with party loyalty should want him ousted. He's an embarrassment to the Republican Party and the USA in general.

Meliai likes this.
  5. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Newo. in New Jersey, the Democrats won, Yes, but the state is not a Republican stronghold.
    as for the 2020 Election, Will Trump win? its hardly a slam dunk as stated in the previous post.

6. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Mmm, good point there. I've thought about this...it seems like a second term is almost guaranteed, even if you're a terrible president. Strange.

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i just glad the father son thing didnt catch hold....

but who knows...maybe well see a future president Baron...

our current chief retard here is an offspring of a previous..if you think electing a rich businessman is strange...at least its not a privileged little millenial drama teacher

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  8. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

Political momentum is part of it. The other is how the establishment prefers 8 years of predictable growth OR failure so they can stabilize the way they invest or short the US markets. Four years just isn't enough. So incumbents have advantages that can only be controlled by term limits. Otherwise Obama would still be president (or maybe even GW!).

9. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Will Trump be challenged in the upcoming 2020 Primaries by another Republican candidate. Its the same thing that Teddy Kennedy did to Jimmy Carter, challenge a sitting President in the Primaries.

10. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

Anything's possible I guess. When he speaks of the Swamp, he's not just talking about democrats.

11. Magnetism

Magnetism Members

Trump has changed the entire landscape of politics. We will be desensitized to scandals and foul behaviour from our rulers for a very long time.

12. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

nope

the opposition will still nitpick

just take the oval office blowjobs as an example...that didnt even desensitize a simple set of set of words ...grab them by the pussy lol

13. Magnetism

Magnetism Members

Trump's behaviour has extended further than an illicit relationship of a president. He has broken every etiquette of the office.

14. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

etiquette of the office?

lmao

i cant wait to see who he pardons on his last day...i wonder if he could out do the previous presidents pardon etiquette