have u guys heard?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Jetblack, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

in virginia they just passed a new bill saying any minor caught smoking cigarettes will be sentenced to up to 90 days in JAIL regardless and u will be fined 500 dollars this is such bsssssssssssss i luv goign to the park and smoking a cig ont he bench and relaxing and now i cant god damit this is gay, is this happening in any other state?

2. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

Wow, interesting that the state with all the prized tobacco products would be that rough on underage tobacco use. Here in Illinois minors just can't buy cigs, there's probably an age under which they'd get in trouble for actually smoking, but I don't know what it is. I've seen plenty of minors smoke cigs in public without anything happening to them.

3. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

ya i think its because in DC which is so close to where i live like 52% of stores that sell cigs have been caught selling to minors etc etc so i think thats also a big influence since where i live and DC are so close

4. Philly_Hippie17

Philly_Hippie17 Member

wow Man thats sucks,

5. InTheFlesh

InTheFlesh Member

Aww man this is soooo gay!

6. cotter builds

cotter builds Member

i might have been worried bout that if i werent turning 18 in a few weeks

7. SagaciosuKJB

SagaciosuKJB Member

*sigh*

Just another case of the government making wanton laws to try to discourage the use of something. They don't realize that the only thing it will do is ensure that more kids are in jail.

Damn shame.

8. twoseeeyes

twoseeeyes Member

Shit, I feel really bad for all you minors in Virginia, I thought I had it bad, you guys have it 10 times as worse than when I went to school. All it was previous was a ciatation and watch a video.

9. garf12

garf12 Member

In texas it used to be just agaisnt the law for a minor to by cigs, but there wasnt any laws agaisnt being in possesion of them. They changed that though probably around 5 years ago or so.

10. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

We walked out of Chinese Palace and two of my friends lit up some cigs. We were in a pretty common shopping center with lots of people and cops. They don't even look sixteen, but it seemed that no one seemed to care.

They government just can't let us have free choice. We've become the land of the free and hope to the land of fear and deprivation.

11. Velouria

Velouria Member

That law sucks, but what are the odds of the cops stopping everyone who is young that is smoking a cig? That would SO take away from their donut eating time!

12. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

really? i liv ein IL and i have a friend who was caught smoking them and was fined. well the other guy was, he was arrested for gholding a piece. but then one time they took the fags away from like a junior who still was underage. it sucks.

13. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

Hm, well okay I don't really pay attention to underage tobacco laws much cuz I don't smoke tobacco, aside from a cigar or pipe backy every blue moon. But I remember at my high school there was a field across the street, and during lunch the smokers (usually the goths, heavy metal dudes, etc.) would just go across the street to smoke some cigs, as you aren't allowed to smoke on the school's turf. But they weren't bothered otherwise, and plenty of them were underclassmen.

14. DWebster

DWebster Member

Smoking's bad for ya anyways, quit while ya can...

that way ya have more money for weed!! ;)

15. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Tennessee it trying to tax you for marijuana whenever they find it on you. THat's really retarded. :D

16. twoseeeyes

twoseeeyes Member

You haven't been to Arlington, LOL. They stop a shitload of people for cigerettes, which entitles them to search for bud or other drugs. That is what is fucked up.

17. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

ya, my friend at school got called for a random search in his back pack he sia dhe had cigs so they said well that sprobable cause and ripped his back pack up and ripped everythign up and they found a dime of weed and he is getting a big ass fine and going to rehab and maybejuvi not sure....fuk dam authority

18. Alexandria

Alexandria Member

How stupid! You know I have been pulled over many times since moving to this state and for some reason (gee, could it be the bob marley sticker on my car?) EVERY cop always asked if I have pot in the car and stares me RIGHT in the eye, like, 'are you telling the truth?'. ARG! The cops in this state are bored. One actually ran me off the road and accused me of trying to evade him! It actually just took me a minute to pull over because I didnt know that it was legal to pull over on the side of the highway here (in fla they want you to pull into the nearest lot if possible). Yeah, so then after he ran me off the road he asked if I was smoking pot (yeah I was but quickly lit a cig and opened my windows and I guess I just got lucky) I said NO and made sure to look him right in the eye and so I just got a hefty ticko. Grrrrrrrr. TN cops are by FAR the worst I have ever seen.

That law about virginia sux bad. Just another way for the state to make money off of bullshit! More fines.....fees....blah, blah, BLAH

19. dotadave

dotadave Member

I'm sure you think this is "bsssssssss" but you don't seem to have the maturity to be smoking in the first place.

Protip: Learn English.

20. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

i dont have the maturity because i cant type well? wow...just...wow...