Have made any ...progress since the year 2000?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Hari, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

And in which areas?

or have you lost yourself, and feel that things were better for you seven years ago?

2. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

I have fallen in love very recently, I have my new house since last week, my son is devleoping most properly, and I am getting closer to becoming devotee of Lord Krsna. This is the best my life has been in, well, 7 years :)

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

that is really really cool. and i am happy for you.

ahh, as for myself, major sigh.

well i've learned more and better about the antiquated version of autocad i still have, and using blender, (not A blender; the 3d illustration program blender, that while it possessess a somewhat counter intuitive user interface, is free and as powerful as equivelent applictions (lightwave, maya, 3dsmax, ...) costing many thousands of dollars. many thousands of dollars being something i don't happen to have)

=^^=
    .../\...

=^^=
    .../\...

4. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

Thanks a lot Themnax, really :)
    And Im sorry to hear of your troubles. I am also in a bit of a financial crisis, and I may be serving some jail time (again) which is actually seeming more and more like an unlikely possiblilty, but, one must ready themselves for the worst just in case. :)
    But again, thank you for the kind words! :)

5. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

I moved where I live now exactly two weeks before 200, and that changed many things.
    I can walk to the center of town, but I prefer biking. It has perfect security, and the people, although not so creative like being in a college dormitory, stay away at a distance, which is good.

I have bought more instruments and recorded more music than probably four decades before. My friends are better people than ever before, although minimum amount, since its Better quality than quantity.

I have always tried to make each year better than the one before, and I struggle for that. There have been difficult times here and there, but they have been due to poor judgment and carelessnes of my part, and I try to make up for it later.

6. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

I have had more kids. Run thru a few hustle plans (including graduating college) that I had to take care of them

2000 was a mixed year for me. I lost everything in October of that year. So yeah, my life now is better than it was in OCT, NOV and DEC of 2000. But its worse than the months before then.

But am I better as a person? Hard to say. I've learned how to deal with things better, take responsibility for my life, and function well in the "grown up" world. At the same time, my hope has diminished. I'm not sure that everything will be alright anymore. I don't think people are good anymore. I don't believe in the American dream anymore.

The things that kept me going back then are gone now. Now i go on because I have for so long.

7. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

My life has changed so much in the past seven years, it's hard to say if it's better or worse... It's just different. And I'm happy so I guess that's what counts. :)

8. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i wouldn't even know where to start

i was at the young age of 14...wow...i've changed a lot. i'm still a bit shy, but not as bad as i was 7 years ago.

the biggest change - my outlook on life - i'm optimistic about pretty much everything, their is always something good, always. i dont' let small things bother me much anymore...

9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Well after emerging from my concrete reinforced bunker amidst a year supply of canned goods, a shortwave radio, and a generator (I rented for the Y2K Scare) I suddenly became more skeptical about popular opinion, and decided to become my own man - the rest is history :)

Hotwater

10. wastingthedawn

wastingthedawn *~Pure Light~*

I think alot of progression has occured for me since age 13 :)

11. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Oh man, I've progressed in a major way. Mostly for the better, although some of it for the not-so-good.

But I will say that the year 2003 really opened my eyes.

12. Freekske

Freekske Member

I woke up