hate to admit it, but ...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by free2fly, May 27, 2006.

1. lynsey

lynsey Banned

I can have kids. It's just there are so many kids in this world who need loving parents it is a slap in mother earth's and humanity's face to plan a pregnancy. I might feel the need to have a bio kid when I get older but it would be after adopting kids who already needed parents and it would only be if I felt or my partner felt that life would not be complete without having a bio child.

2. free2fly

free2fly Members

Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved. -William Jennings Bryant

3. free2fly

free2fly Members

agreed :)

4. free2fly

free2fly Members

and so are you :)
    .. now leave me the hell alone and stop trying to make me feel miserable .... ;)

5. lynsey

lynsey Banned

lol this is the first time I have been single since I was 17 and it's been fun but I miss intimacy (not just sex) and love so hopefully I will be on the same page with somone I connect with and my destination of singlehood will end because as liberating as it is it's also a bit lonely at times and I miss having a best friend who I can have hot sex with d:

6. Biggen

Biggen Banned

There's breakup sex!? WTF?!

7. free2fly

free2fly Members

nope, I just feel like your negativity is trying to rub off ... ;)

Besides... its not like Im going crazy "wishing" for someone... I can be fine alone, I have been for a long time. If it so happens that love happens in my life, GREAT! But I dont feel its wishful thinking, its definately a possibility, like I said ... if it can happen to someone else it can happen to me...

But Im sorry that you are close-minded ... that my dear, is fear...

Ah, so now your the devil? hehe ... hmm...

8. dhs

dhs Senior Member

I'm a man and I really don't view it as any different from a woman's perspective. I'm 30 and single. It's not like I planned on being 30 and not married and I really don't think the reason I am is because I'm inable to establish a connection as you had said earlier - not pertaining to me, but the generalization that you made. I certainly don't set cut off ages or what not.

I personally do not like the fact that I am alone, I just don't let it get me down. Trust me, I'd much rather be dozing off to sleep right now with someone I love than chatting online, but I've simply have never had a relationship yet where marriage made a whole lot of sense. I've loved deeply, but have never felt loved in return from someone in such a way that I've felt like someone would make a great wife. I need the same thing a woman does, love, nurturing, encouragement, appreciation, inspiration and I haven't found that yet.

and I won't sell myself short of having all these things for the sake of having a partner and not being alone. That to me is half ass.

9. free2fly

free2fly Members

Yeah, exactly!
    :)

10. lynsey

lynsey Banned

I agree half ass relationships are not worth the time or effort.

Like I said sparks fly or they don't I am just saying at 24 I doubt I am not going to find a relationship, circumstance what have you that is not half assed and that there is passion and immense caring by the time I am 30. And it is different...I have a biological clock and you do not ;) I also am all too well aware of the risks of having a child w/ a dd after the age of 35 and I know that when I get married i want to enjoy my husband and have him all to myself and be able to smoother him for at least a few years before I talk babies. so although irrationalities rarely have timelines love is one irrationality that does for me.
    Like I said before this is me I do not judge anyone for what they want out of life or if they do not want to get married. I just know what I want and am very clairvoyant (I know I spelled that wrong...perhaps even used it wrong lol) on what I want and have learned that I need to seek things I want as not everything is handed over through the drive through.
    I really didn't mean to offend before, just my GENERAL thoughts on the subject. :)

11. dhs

dhs Senior Member

I guess what I don't understand is, if you can predict all these things will happen to you before your 30, why don't you have it right now?

It's not like going to Nordsrtoms and picking out what you want.

When I was 24, I thought that I would love to be married before 30 and though I was pretty deserving of meeting the right girl for it. It hasn't turned out that way and has nothing at all to do with bioligical clocks or anything of the sort. It simply hasn't happened.

I would venture to say that many women do end up in the wrong relationship because of said biological clock. Their desire to have children clouds their mind from seeing whether or not the father of the baby does indeed make the right long term partner for them.

12. lynsey

lynsey Banned

mmmm I've met a couple guys I would have taken the plunge with if they asked and it wouldn't have been setteling so to say that -that will not happen again in the next 5 years and that I won't find somone I click with who will ask is against all odds. Women are lucky in the sense that we can meet a different guy each week if we choose to multiply that by 52 than by 5 how in the world would I not find somone who could adore me and who I would love and respect?

and mmmm nordstroms sounds good right now if he had a nordies card that would increase the odds with me...totally kidding....I have my own...it's just maxed blahhhh
    maybe you're just pickier than me? nothing wrong with that Ryan. If you want to get married I am sure you will find what you are looking for when you are ready. :)

13. dhs

dhs Senior Member

Like I've said, I've wanted to get married for a long time. I am ready. Have been for quite some time. Just haven't met someone who's truly loved and respected me for who I am and what I have to offer them. It's not about being picky, I just haven't been presented the opportunity from anyone I've dated.

14. Annapurna

Annapurna Banned

Kids, trust me, don't get married. I've been though three marriages, and I swear to you, being with someone for any extended period of time in the modern world simply doesn't work.

Not sure how many time's I'll say this, but believe me, you'll be doing yourselves a favor by not getting married.

15. lynsey

lynsey Banned

I understand that. It's hard to find somone who does not want the one they are with to change in anyway or for a guy to satisfy a girl's needs without bending, vice-versa. People are so different, especially guys and girls, different needs, different wants and some just require more compromise than others. I hope you find 'the one' who does not need all of that. some of us are just a little too high matinece ;)

I am sure there is somone out there who will not require you to change at all and will present you with the opportunity you want along with love, passion, physical attractiveness and sexual compatability.

16. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

you need a new line bucko... if all you post on here is about how miserable marriage/relationships/love is, you're gonna be really fucking boring to read

17. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Reality bites at times...

18. lynsey

lynsey Banned

reality is only as good as you make it

19. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

20. free2fly

free2fly Members

"Single"
    -Natasha Bedingfield