Hate for smokers!

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by josh989, Apr 29, 2013.

1. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

I'm on the e cigs these days and would like to come off them too in time. Nicotine though is a highly addictive thing.

I think one harm smoking may do is in terms of family and loved ones etc. If you die young because of smoking, it can have a very negative impact on those close to you.

2. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

i've smoked for years but i'm now cutting down with a view to quitting. it's making me a hypochondriac, everytime i get a cough or a tickle in my throat i think its the bad one, i know its irrational, but i had a mate do chemo last year (twice) and now i suppose i'm getting paranoid.

3. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I think people frown upon addicts in general. Smoking happens to most visible to the public eye. I'm not a fan of it, mostly because I know people who are dying (and a few who have died) due to their cigarette smoking. It sucks watching them puffing away knowing they are killing themselves when they have families and other loved ones relying on them.

4. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

It's all the government subsidies that go along with tobacco that I don't like. Go ahead and die a very slow painful death if you want just don't use tax dollars to do it please.

5. farmout

farmout All who wander arent lost Lifetime Supporter

It is a terrible slow painful death. My dad died of lung cancer at age 54, almost 8 years younger than I am. And all his brothers and sisters suffered the same fate. I have nothing good to say about cigs, period. But your choice smokers, but a gun would be quicker.....

6. MattyDigs

MattyDigs Member

lol someone sounds mad. I don't litter mine and am very conscious of not smoking around people, so suck it, whineypants :D

7. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

I wouldn't care if you want to die a slow very painful death if it weren't for the financial bourdon it puts on society with huge health care costs.

8. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

ive done this

9. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

I agree that it's unfair on smokers. Besides, the baccy companies load the cigarettes up with chemicals and junk, and then we all blame the tobacco plant o_O

Really weird!

Personally, I do think weed is probably a healthier choice, but if someone likes smoking tobacco then that's fine by me :)

10. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

cigarette smoke smells gross, and if you're gonna smoke you might as well get a buzz.

11. pipgirl

pipgirl Member

If it didn't affect others, I wouldn't have any problems with smokers, I'd just feel bad for the ones that are actually trying to cut down or quit without success, because I know it's really hard.

But you know what, it DOES affect others.
    When you live in a country that doesn't have a smoking ban, you can't go to a restaurant, pub, bar, club etc. without inhaling the smoke. If I go to a club, I can barely breathe, my eyes sting like hell and I have to go outside for fresh air every half hour.
    Even when you live in a normal civilized country, you still have to inhale smoke when you're at a terrace, or if you have friends who smoke etc.

And our taxes go to your health care. We don't smoke, and we don't want our money to go to that. If you don't give a crap about your health, why should we? (And that doesn't only apply to smokers, it applies to ppl who eat junk 24/7, or abuse drugs and everyone else that doesn't care about health).

Of course, as pointed out by others, there's the trash issue as well. I don't think I need to further comment on that.

So, based on the arguments above, I think the hate is justified.
    (Although it doesn't apply to smokers who are trying to quit, who don't smoke in the presence of non-smokers (except e-cigs) and who don't throw the cigs on the ground. Just to those who don't give a flying shit about their impact.)

12. wobs

wobs Senior Member

what about the tax on cigs where does that go pip

13. pipgirl

pipgirl Member

Excise duty, that's good. But is it enough though? Medical care is very expensive.
    What about my other points?

14. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

I think smoking is gross so I choose to not do it. I don't allow it in my house and I don't allow people to use my yard as their own personal ashtray. Besides that I don't care what people do. It's your life that you're cutting short. I know many smokers that come to my home and respect my rules. That's all I can ask for.

15. wobs

wobs Senior Member

yes i know its bad , and youre right,:sunny:

16. light.

light. Member

Tobacco iz a plant so it belongs or should be returned to the ground ... Itz the but that i have a problem with I will never throw trash on the ground and i am a proud smoker ...

I dont complain about all the smog that comez from carz or all theze hacking non smoking peoople out here ....

Smoking companiez use non smokerz to make cig pricez rize how = complain = make it more difficult to smoke = raise the pricez

17. light.

light. Member

Catz lick their crotch and azz but I bet you still kizz your boyfriend and eat with that mouth ...

18. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

I quit that shit and I have to say fuck yeah. its a shitty drug. but many are hooked. ppl can do nothing about that. not our fault. I blame the governments.

19. farmout

farmout All who wander arent lost Lifetime Supporter

It is a horrible addiction, I am a recovering cig addict, last one in 1971. I am one of the lucky ones who managed to give it up. I encourage other smokers to quit only if they mention to me that they are trying to quit.

20. wobs

wobs Senior Member

and what is wrong with throwin cig butts on the ground, it is, is it not giving someone a job sweeping them up,,,,,,,he he