Has the 3rd amendment of the US constitution ever been violated?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Fueled by Coffee, Jun 29, 2013.

1. odonII

odonII O

Please don't quote the whole post.

A New Orleans woman whose gun was confiscated by law enforcement officers in the days after Katrina, and who was injured during the incident at her home, got a brand new 38-caliber revolver Wednesday, courtesy of the Gun Owners of America.

61-year-old Patricia Konie says getting a new gun is a great idea because now she's more afraid of police than she was before.

Konie says she was devastated when officers took her gun, but was even more devastated when they tackled her to get the weapon, and in the process broke her collarbone.

Congressman Steve Scalise and Larry Pratt, executive director of the Gun Owners of America, presented the new gun to Konie. Scalise calls the gun confiscation "a national tragedy".

"People all across this nation were shocked when they saw this actually happened to a law-abiding American citizen in their home," Scalise said.

The incident led to a lawsuit filed by the National Rifle Association and the Gun Owners of America for infringing on Konie's 2nd Amendment rights. The suit was recently dropped after all sides agreed that confiscated firearms would be returned to their owners.

NRA to settle suit over Katrina gun seizures

http://blog.nola.com/updates/2008/10/nra_to_settle_suit_over_katrin.html

Police department spokesman Bob Young said it has stored 552 guns that were confiscated after Katrina, through Dec. 31, 2005. Police have said they only took guns that were stolen or found in abandoned homes.

The agreement calls for the city to post a notice on its Web site that explains how gun owners can claim their firearms.

Gun owners must sign an affidavit claiming ownership of a gun but don't need to present written proof, such as a sales receipt or serial number. A background check also is required to certify that someone claiming a gun can legally possess a firearm.

The city won't be liable if a dispute arises over the ownership of a returned gun. Authorities can dispose of any guns that go unclaimed after two years.

"This is all we've wanted all along: a practical return program," said NRA lawyer Stephen Halbrook, who estimated that the department should have 1,200 guns available for owners to claim.

2. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Is this thread about the 2nd ammendment or the third?

3. odonII

odonII O

I don't think there is much to say about the 3rd.

4. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

I was just asking because there are plenty of other threads dedicated to the 2nd. No need to turn this one Ito the same repetitive debate

5. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Thank you

6. odonII

odonII O

Fair enough. Help to get it back on track then. Add some insight.

7. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

A few points:

A State of Emergency was declared, in a declared emergency normal laws can be suspended, an emergency situation is occurring, that is why it is called a State of Emergency.

In a State of Emergency, the overall welfare of the citizenship must be considered, not the rights of the individual. The individual is deemed unable to cope with the emergency. While certain individuals may be able to cope, the government can not afford the time and manpower to ascertain who is able and who is not, blanket decrees come into effect due to time and logistic factors.

The people in those videos are lucky Martial Law wasn't imposed as they could have found themselves in a lot more trouble as they would have come under military law, which can be quite suddenly lethal.

If you notice the 3rd amendment may be suspended in time of war if a law is passed to allow the quartering of soldiers, as was done during the Civil War.

Congress may overrule the Posse Comitatus Act.
    The Posse Comitatus Act does not cover State controlled National Guard or the Coast Guard.
    Actions taken by the President under the Insurrection Act, as an "Act of Congress", have always been exempt from the Posse Comitatus Act.
    The Attorney General may request that the Secretary of Defense provide emergency Federal assistance involving threats of the release of nuclear materials.
    Federal support of the Joint Special Operations Command are not covered.

8. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

I'm saying you're accepting bad governance because you believe they help. I probably will always disagree with your entire premise.

I believe government force nearly always makes things worse. 'Blowback' is a term coined by the CIA; this word literally means that our plans backfired-- and it happens nearly always!

Infact, Al Qaeda was 'blowback' from supporting the Muslims in Afghan against the Russians. We gave them millions of dollars, tons of weapons and then, they began to hate us and radicalized against us!

Once you dig deeply into the policies of our government over the past 100 years, it becomes obvious that the Federal Government works for banks and special interests... and NOT the interest of the people.

They've lied time and time again to get us into war.

They've executed many American citizens, some with no trial/evidence at all. Including a 16 year old kid who the Obama Administration admits did NOTHING wrong except "having the wrong father."
    and much, much more!

For all you people that conform to the US government; sadly there's nothing I can do to help you break out of your ignorance. Obama claims that you have all these little vioces in society telling you Obama's tyrannical.

I don't tell you guys this stuff to "get you to vote for my guy," or to scare you away from Obama.

The only reason I try to convey what I've learned, is to try to enlighten people, so they can protect themselves when something happens.

For those of you who always rely on government for welfare or warfare; You're heading toward danger or even death when the Federal Government decides they're better off not helping you, (as it states in Agenda 21; They want to shrink America's population.)

So essentially, trust in the government is frankly misplaced. I see so many Liberals on this forum, who sound just like Bush supporters of 2006. But in the end, kissing Obama's asshole isn't going to protect you from the UN troops when they kick in your door, and 'check' for weapons. Maybe you think "Well I'm safe, I don't have any weapons;" However, now you're surrounded by 20 guys with fully automatic, and police and government outside of that who are also armed to the teeth!

Everyday, more and more of our freedoms are taken by this illegit federal government. The direction of this country is NOT good, regardless of what conformists like you a OdonII want to believe.

9. Sig

Sig Senior Member

A couple of points:

1. Al Qaeda, or more precisely OBL, was radicalized and hated the US long before we helped the Mujahideen in Afghanistan against the Russians. Know your history.

2. You're trying to "enlighten" us? With what, you're 24 years of non-experience and regurgitated shit from the internet and books you've read?

3. You want us to be prepared to "protect" ourselves? Nothing you have posted here, across many threads, has shown you are prepared in any way for what you think is coming. Sure, you have guns, but like a child you think that is enough. I recommend getting your own shit in order before trying to lecture everyone else on what you think might happen.

Frankly, when push comes to shove, I can see myself fighting you and your ilk just as hard as I would fight our own government.

I totally agree that trust in government is entirely misplaced but, like that trust, you're hatred is misplaced and misguided. You're letting that hatred cloud your better judgement.

10. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Bullshit, or more accurately, not since the Ron Paul campaign bombed.

11. odonII

odonII O

Can you spot where that does not make sense?
    'Al Qaeda was 'blowback' from supporting the Muslims'
    Al Qaeda - the Islamic fundamentalists despised us for supporting Muslims?
    Although: Al-Qaeda is also responsible for instigating sectarian violence among Muslims. Al-Qaeda is intolerant of non-Sunni branches of Islam and denounces them by means of excommunications called "takfir".
    OBL was in the Mujahideen fighting the Russians (and DRA) he WAS one of the Muslims (that you speak of).

I know it's very complicated, though.

I look frwd to reading your post in a few months time about National Guard troops smashing an old ladies face in and confiscating her gun... *sigh*

12. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Keeping it civil.....
    Overall and over time, yes. In the last 200 years we have virtually eliminated slavery, elevated the per capita income, increased live span, etc. all due to Liberal Governments and their support of freedom and science. In my Opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbkSRLYSojo"]Hans Rosling's 200 Countries, 200 Years, 4 Minutes - The Joy of Stats - BBC Four - YouTube

Notice the U.S. trend over 200 years. Not falling behind the rest of the world. Lots of mistakes and bumps along the way, but the general population has seen an enormous benefit from Liberalism.
    You call it execution, but these things have always happened, when someone threatens harm they are often "executed" or shot, or eliminated without trial, even Americans. The police do it all the time, the military doesn't try people it fights when they perceive a threat. The example you give was explained as a mistake, mistakes are made in my world, I know of no perfect government, leader, military, or individual. Tragic but true.
    I have never been on "welfare", not that there is anything wrong with receiving governmental aid when needed. All governmental individual welfare is, is the collective goodwill of the people, willing to help their fellow citizens.
    As far as war, I disagree with much of our foreign policy, doesn't mean I'm going to scrap the government.
    Good idea, we could also use a reduction in the world population through intelligent, voluntary birth control.
    Depends on what you mean. I trust the system, not many of the individuals and groups that comprise it.
    Cool, I have never been called a conformist! A radical, an idealist, a long haired hippie, an idiot, a liberal, and other things, but never a conformist.
    I must be getting old.

13. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

The Mujahideen turned into Al Qaeda later on, and our giving them millions of dollars from the 1970's on, really came back to bite us in the ass.

That's not even mention the Libyan rebels, (who hung an Al Qaeda flag from their capitol building) and, the biggest group of Syrian Rebels who are ALSO affiliated with Al Qaeda. So again you conformists think the government is doing great, and bringing back our failed policies of 1970's wouldn't possibly fail again!

I mean Seriously! OdonII, you're the one who tried defending the NWO by saying "they do a lot of good," but totally disregarded the lies, genocide, war propaganda and, spying on citizens.

America is best controlled by it's rule of law. The Constitution and the principles we were founded on. Obama/Government supporters want us to be ruled be the laws of the jungle.

Where the murders go free, while non violent drug users rot in jail for DECADES. The same country that turns a blind eye to child rape when it's done by one of their guys, but arrest a guy for drawing with chalk on the sidewalk! Our president is the face of hypocrisy, as he "accidentally" kills women and children everyday, but uses 'protecting children' as an excuse to shove gun control down our throats. Obama has perpetuated the war on terror, trying to surgically remove people worldwide with drones, without a declaration of war. Daily, we cause casualties in Yemen, Pakistan and, other countries. And that's the disgusting force their will on the world government you guys support.

Well I believe the Federal Government keeps exposing itselfs as the war mongers they are. Congress's approval rating is at an all time low, as is Obama's.

I think it's unlikely that things will ever go back to when a majority blindly trusted the government. (Mostly because more and more scandals will come out,) and eventually people will draw the line, and say if the government can't follow the Constitution, We the people should deem the Declaration of Independence as a legal document; that if the Constitution is not held, the people and states are independent to illegal governments.

14. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

However, since the war on terror the Federal Government has been taking away our freedoms, infringing on our Liberty, spying on patriots and fighting free speech and the press with every ounce of it's being. This is their attempt to hold onto power- they will silence whistle blowers, harrass journalists and beat up protesters! The Government has disregarded the Constitution, and they think they're accountable to no one. Obama as a Constitutional Scholar should know the Constitution is the Supreme Law of the Land, and people will not let it go without a fierce fight!

That's totally not true. Classic Liberalism- which is basically Libertarianism and, capitalism is what drove success and made our nation prosperous. I would argue that Liberalism (the idea that the government can take MY hard earned money and give it to someone else) has actually destroyed the wealth of the middle class in this country, and the very reason we're in a financial crisis.
    Is not the "collective goodwill" if it has to be forced, and it is forced. Secondly, charaties do the same thing, but it's a willing transaction (the government doesn't steal it from my paycheck.) I also know that a lot of our money is misspent and doesn't actually go to the "people," but more like buerocrats and businesses who have people in politics. That's why I believe the governments totally morally wrong. They steal my money, to spend it on absurd things like plastic surgery for school teachers. It's Garbage!

I bet the Federal government easily costs 80X what it ought to and it's because of waste. No offense but Liberals/Democrats feed into that waste just as much as Republicans. And that's why I gave up on that philosophy long ago.

I disagree. I think "assisted suicide," is wrong. And I also think women should have to go to crisis counseling before deciding to have an abortion. I think the elites want their to be less people so there's more room for them. However, there is room to expand. We could even farm in huge NYC style buildings.

No, I do share a lot with Liberals Socially. (I believe government should get out of the issue of marriage and drugs,) but on other issues i believe the Liberal ideology totally feeds into the NWO..

15. odonII

odonII O

The entire Mujaheddin in Afghanistan 'turned into' Al Qaeda? - look up Maktab al-Khidamat and then look up how many Mujahideen joined the DRAarmy, and then perhaps look up Operation Cyclone.
    To say that OBL was directly funded by the CIA is missing out atleast 95% of what was going on at the time, and subsequent fracturing of the Mujahideen.
    You might also find that a fighter once aligned with the Mujahideen later went onto fight what we now call Al Qaeda.
    It's a simplistic an self serving notion that A followed B and then C.

We might agree that 'funding' the Mujahideen wasn't wise when it wasn't all singing from the same hymn sheet - which is pretty much the same issues we have with Obama and Syria.
    I think we agree that was a totally wrong move to make - if not, we can agree it is a totally wrong move to make.

You create a wonderful narrative, but the fact is it is based on a tissue of lies and misrepresentations.

This is a massive digression from the topic at hand and all you seem to be doing is becoming a bit of a troll.

16. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Its all part of hating without knowing how to hate.

17. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

well i'm glad we can agree on Obama and Syria. You totally failed to bring up your support for the Global Oligarch of Banksters who play a game of chess with the world, for it's resources. So now, I'm a troll?

I think you're a troll for idolizing the elites who have enough money to end poverty everywhere, Yet they lie and manipulate to maintain control; They impose their will through force on the entire world!

18. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

There was no flaws. I just disagree with you guys, and see you as conformists in different sorts of ways.

1981, 12 years before the first attack on 9/11. and by that time he had received tons of money and military training and, we PAID them for being crazy Gihadist! Now we're building up their power in place like Iraq, Afghan, Yeman, Libya and, syria who never had problems with Al Qaeda before. But America's Meddling will keep building the next crop, and our money will too, garaunteed. Because the government keeps playing these games. I'm pretty sure they know they're helping the enemies too.

19. odonII

odonII O

Obama practically repealed the Magna Carta
    And he declared "martial law" in parts of NY and NJ following hurricane sandy
    Not at all. I've seen several reports also, that said that Martial Law was declared
    NG disarmed people to rape them and shoot them in the back.
    They don't want you to think about the NG that beats you 67 year old gradmothers face in and takes her revolver
    No, I think they're NG
    I doubt they got their weapons back!
    Infact, Al Qaeda was 'blowback' from supporting the Muslims in Afghan against the Russians
    The Mujahideen turned into Al Qaeda later on
    I think the elites want their to be less people so there's more room for them
    NWO

(sic)

Lets just say you skimmed the facts rather than read anything too deep.

What you are ignoing is that Al Qaeda isn't Maktab al-Khidamat and Maktab al-Khidamat Isn't Mujahideen.
    What you seem to be suggesting is that the US knew Al Qaeda would emerge from Maktab al-Khidamat.
    Giving funds to others isn't always the right thing to do, and it's beyond our understanding to try and read what was going through OBL's mind for the last 30 years or so.
    Are you saying the US paid OBL affiliates to murder 3000 or so people on 9/11, and that we knew he would go on to provoke sectarian strife between Muslims etc etc etc.
    Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing.

I'm pretty sure you think the US orchestrated 9/11, too.

20. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

I'm not suggesting we knew they would become our enemies; but once you see it happen, why would you continue to sponsor radical muslim groups who are affiliated or losing troops and weaponary to Al Qaeda. Because it pays off for the government to have an enemy the people are afraid of that we can see. But the people the US government sees as "Terrorists to their NWO" is people like me who believe in the rule of law.

In 2008 and 2012 there were mass cases of government spying on individuals who helped 3rd party candidates. Certain states labeled people with third party candidates bumper stickers as "potential domestic terrorists"

With the Magna Carta I said "Or the AMERICAN equivalent The Posse Comatatus Act.

With the NG I said it doesn't matter, they were involved in disarmament; During that time, those disarmed were at risk to be hurt by either mentally unstable government agents or criminals with guns coming from out of town. Therefore the government hurts more than it helps, and shouldn't get involved in this domestic issues. There was cases too where people were raped by government agents (police or NG.) But it all contributes to my point, that one is safer protecting themselves rather than relying soley on government.

It's been proven the government had a lot of fore knowledge regarding 9/11; I'm not suggesting it was completely a false flag attack, but yeah, it seems like they turned a hell of a blind eye to the knowledge that Bin Laden would attack on that day. Furthermore, they totally lied and changed the story, (there are so many holes and inaccuracies in the 9/11 commission,) and it makes one wonder why they government found it mandatory to lie to the public on some of the littlest details that day. (Whether the plane came from the left or right etc)

Why? Because they're hiding something..