Has #metoo and dating apps ruined love culture?

Discussion in 'True Love' started by 6-eyed shaman, Mar 1, 2020.

1. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

it sucks that you went through that and that people manipulate a positive movement, but think of what would happen with Harvey Weinstein TODAY without #metoo. I don't doubt for a minute you're one of the good guys but the metoo movement has brought a lot of bad guys to light and that needs to happen

Deidre likes this.
  2. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Exactly. The #metoo movement has exposed the bad guys but I’m sure some women will capitalize on it, but they’re not the norm.

everything bagel likes this.
  3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

[​IMG]

everything bagel likes this.
  4. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

right back atcha

5. erofant

erofant Members

Diedre in post #98 -

Thanks. It really happened just as I typed it. The thing is - all I had seen of her before that time I took her on a date - she was as nice as pie to everyone. I thought she'd be a real great prospect to build a relationship with. A real sweet girl. WRONG!!

Here's the kicker Diedre: at a New Year's Eve party about 4 years later ( when I was with my now-wife ), that same girl followed me out on the porch where the beer coolers were. (She was invited by mutual friends to that party) She said, "You never brought a bottle of champagne for me." ( I had brought a magnum bottle of champagne for my soon-to-be-wife and me for midnight ). How's THAT for guts!!! ??? I took her out once - she accused me of "being all over her" - and she wondered why I didn't get a bottle of champagne for HER???? I think she was on drugs or something. I made sure to get extra cuddly and lovey-dovey with my now-wife just to sour the other girl's evening. She pouted the rest of the night before leaving alone.

It all worked out for the best. I have a SUPER WIFE !!!! I pamper her every day.

6. Gul Dukat

Gul Dukat Kanar, anyone?

Sounds like she BS’d her friends a little bit and you got a call from one... Really doesn't seem like a big deal.

7. erofant

erofant Members

Gul Dukat - I've always valued my reputation! And I HATE head games by ANY woman. So I hit the "EJECT" button.

8. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Only the kind of men who were not going to get a date anyway are upset over this. You honestly have no game or desirable traits if you think a man in a post me too world is a victim.

What kind of flirting were you really doing? Probably the kind where she should "take the compliment and not be a bitch". They are upset the sort of workplace in this video does not exist anymore. Poor straight white men who can't even flirt with the intern half their age anymore. It's PC culture gone mad I tell you!

You are mad women have a voice and that has cock blocked your date. Says a lot about you.

9. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

if you've never been a scene kid... I don't know how to explain it. We used to have this thing.... Go to all the same raves, post on the same board, do all the same shit.... and while there was immense diversity, there was a raver ethos that made you think in the same brain hemisphere as your peeps. We were going to go out. We'd all be there. We'd see each other and what each other was wearing, or what color Beavis or Bozo dyed their hair. And it shaped the way we experienced life, but also to a large degree the way we experienced love.

I believe in a universal love myself, and I think when you've been a scene kid (for lack of a better term, really) the tendency is to be exclusive and reject outside people, or anyone and anything that isn't hyper-cool or hardcore or whatever your thing was...

I didn't half-know what a dating app was when I first began to truly experience how vast and completely rich with life the internet can be.

No, I don't think dating apps have ruined love. I think people are certainly lazy enough to let themselves believe that some aspect of their life - the internet, or their app for dating - has so much control. It only controls your attention span.

I can agree with aspects - you get what you pay for sort of... It's like if you're really trying to meet someone and it's not just hormones and your mind, body, and soul want this, need this, and try to find this feeling, you will find someone no matter where you look. Sometimes you can weed out potential negativity by making some really strong boundaries in the beginning - before you even meet, really... And then it happens. :blush:

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

I get muh dick sucked..

soulcompromise likes this.
  11. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

:laughing: