Has Game Of Thrones Jumped The Shark?

Discussion in 'TV Dramas' started by Crystal_Nocked, May 16, 2017.

1. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

I liked it when Hodor just meant fuck all. Hey Hodor, is Schordinger's cat dead or alive? Hodor.

Brilliant. Hodor is mentally retarded but fundamentally reliable with your children.

I don't know what who or what was thinking when they decided to "inject an element of humour" into the pronunciation of "Hodor". See if you can guess what Hodor is saying or thinking by the accentuation of Hodor.

No, it worked best when he was a lobotom and there was no reason or explanation for why he said Hodor in response to everything, he just say hodor in exactly the same way every time, and it was amazing.

At least we can agree on one thing anyway VG, thank fuck for the bonus ball eh.

2. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

A man has his own opinions, which are as ubiquitous as assholes.

Speaking of which........

LOL

3. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

A man can't help but be reminded of the old joke about black dudes when he discovers the meaning of Hodors moniker.

LOL

4. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

A man has a cock made of glass. A man thrusts his quartz stallion in to the heart of a dragon, and turns the world in to silver. A man cannot be happy living alone on a planet made of metal. A man succumbs to the additional force of gravity and dies of sustained injury to his bones and organs.

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Now I have that Blondie song stuck in my head

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I feel for the guy that wrote that episode of happy days where Fonzy jumps the shark

40 years later that phrase is still coined when a TV show turns to shit

1 person likes this.
  7. NotReallyMe

NotReallyMe Members

The shows great if you don't think about it too hard.

Which is why I watch TV anyway: so I don't have to think. So that worked out well.

8. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

I stopped watching a while ago, but even the die hard fans I know say the series i just "treading water" between big budget set pieces. Not very exciting from the sounds of it. This latest Ed Sheeran cameo seems like a desperate ploy to reignite interest to me.

9. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

Is that where it comes from?

Today I learned...

10. NotReallyMe

NotReallyMe Members

Nah, it's not just you. I wouldn't say I can't stand her, but I agree with this: "She's like a little girl playing dress up" (and well put btw). She's just not much of an actor. It's hard to get lost in a show when there's someone in it constantly reminding you that it is just a show, ie., "This isn't really Daenerys Targaryen mother of dragons, this is just an actress pretending to be Daenerys Targaryen mother of dragons".

I mean, if she were riding on the back of one of the dragons and suddenly whipped out her iPhone and started taking selfies, I'd be like, "Yeah, was kind of waiting for that".

Edit: not sure how/why those parts wound up highlighted

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I cared more about the characters when i was reading the books. Because it is such a big story with so many characters and subplots it is hard to give everything the attention it needs to get real attached to a character, party/faction or the whole setting for that matter. The books did a much better job.
    I stopped watching after season 4 i think (maybe 5) because Kickass torrents went down and i apparently didn't care enough to watch it through other means.

Didn't read most of this thread as i might go watch the rest some time later after all.