Has Game Of Thrones Jumped The Shark?

Discussion in 'TV Dramas' started by Crystal_Nocked, May 16, 2017.

1. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

So, yeah, I'm up to episode seven of watching Season Six of GOT, and last night he and dw are watching episode seven, and I'm drifting off and realizing, as The Imp drinks wind and tries to tell a joke, why the fuck is this so boring?

I've realized as I watched the first seven episodes over the past week on DVD that very little had happened in the entire season. After Jon Snow coming back from the dead. Which was a no brainer anyway, right? We were even gypped out of the great castle seige fight with Jaime. When they surrendered. The whole iron isle subplot is boring. Sansa is boring.

Had this once great show jumped the shark? Are it's best days behind it? I'm finding it to be more than possible. And am also finding it hard to care about any of the characters. Though, I sure would enjoy seeing Sersei get killed. And, this is just me, I know, but I cannot stand the dragon mother. She's like a little girl playing dress up. She ruined the last Terminator for me too, btw.

Since it's getting obvious she's gonna sit on the Iron Throne, and every time I see her I want to punch her in the head, I'm not sure I'll pursue got after I finish this DVD. Though, I have it on inside knowledge the show will last for two more seasons.

What say you? Do you also think Thrones is now boring?

Thanks.

2. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

This is pretty much how I felt about this show from the beginning.

There's really no television that I like other than NFL football and a couple PBS shows like NOVA

3. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

I'm just getting into the first season. I never care about any of the characters anyway so it looks like it may be fitting.

4. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

I still think it's the best show on TV. "Insider knowledge" on two more seasons? lmao, everyone already knows that.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I tried watching it. First 6 episodes was all talk talk talk talk talk. Didn't tickle me fancy.

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

My favourite character was Dog, so havent been as excited about the show since his demise.

Its still better than 99% of the shit on TV however

7. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

That's not saying much

8. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

I agree there isn't much good stuff on TV these days but this series is pretty interesting with a lot of different story lines. Keeps me entertained at least.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Was that the wolf pup that the spoiled brat killed? I remember that part.

10. StellarCoon

spoiler fucking spoiler!!!!1

11. StellarCoon

that's it i'm outta here.

12. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

It dips a little in the middle of season 6 but it picks up again at the end.

13. The Walking Dickhead

It's a thread about GoT. There are going to be spoilers here.

Perhaps watch the whole series, then read the thread?

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

[​IMG]

This guy

The ep where he kills everyone in the inn over some chicken is my favourite GoT ep

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Arya's story arc was so anti-climactic, could have been awesome, secret ninja training, but then it just fizzled and didnt mean anything

sherman march likes this.
  16. The Walking Dickhead

A man tends to agree somewhat. A man harbours similar thoughts around the concludings of the story of Hodor.

17. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

Yeah, I admit that one cool thing about this Season was finding out how Hodor got his name. That was sheer brilliant writing! ("Hold the door!").

And, yes again, it's funny that right after I made my OP here on how boring Season Six has been, I watched Episode 8 last night and...wow! One of the best battle depictions of all-time as far as the whole swords and sandals genre goes! That clash between Jon Snow's and Ramsay's two armies. And I gotta admit, I still cannot stand Danaryas, but those fucking Dragons are awesome. They're all she has going for her. Without them she's a little girl playing dress-up who needs her unibrow trimmed. LOL.

So now after the great Episode 8 I'm pretty confident the final two episodes will end with a bang, in true Martin style, and make me get fucking HBO next month in time for the final two seasons.

Bastards.

LOL

Cheers/

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I think he meant hold the door was dumb. I thought it was dumb too

But you

I think he meant he thought "Hiold the Door" was dumb, I too thought it was dumb

You are right about episode 8 though. More awesome than anykind of sword and shields type movie they put out for 10 times the cost.

Guy Ritchies King Arthur is out at the moment which is getting panned as a stinker for the non measly cost of $175 million, this one GoT ep at probably $10-15 million I'm sure shits all over that

1 person likes this.
  19. The Walking Dickhead

A man takes a man's comments. A man does not understand the true meaning of a man's comments. A man had reservations about the concludings of Hodor. A man thinks leaving the explanation for Hodor in the realm of the unknown lends itself to better writing and alludes towards greater mystery. A man thinks a man's portrayal of the character was often over cooked, and a man would have been better resisting the inclication to infer meaning in the pronunciation of "Hodor". A man would be better just saying Hodor. A man prefers monotone for a man's role.

A man has strong sexual feelings for a woman who rides dragons.

20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

A man thinks one would have preferred Hodor meant Whore the door ;)