Has anyone used autoflowering strains?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Grow Rooms and Greenhouses' started by jesusfreak420, Jan 10, 2018.

?

Have you ever grown an autoflowering strain?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Huh? What's that?

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. jesusfreak420

jesusfreak420 Members

Hi all,

I'm wanting to grow a couple of plants to treat my arthritis and fibromyalgia.

I'm currently living in Australia and have ordered some Northern Lights auto seeds from here - Northern Lights Autoflower

Sadly the seeds are quite expensive (it ended up costing $130 to get them to Australia), so I'm really hoping that all five of them will sprout.

I was wondering if anyone else has had any experience with growing autoflowering strains? Is it possible to make autoflowers seed so that I don't have to keep purchasing seeds online? Also, when germinating and sprouting the seed, should I leave autoflowers under light 24/7 (i.e. a desk lamp)?

Thanks in advance for all your help. I'm new to this variety but very keen to learn. :blush:

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

a desk lamp wont grow no weed. u need something stronger or the sun outdoors

you need a male to produce seeds. Or stress a female plant out to create a hermaphrodite / plant with both male and female.

Ive never grown autos. They are troubling to some first time growers.

jesusfreak420 and deepwoods like this.
  3. jesusfreak420

jesusfreak420 Members

Thanks so much to that info Orison. The lamp would only be during the germination period, after which it would be transplanted to a bigger pot (although I'm reading that autos don't like being transplanted). The outside sun here in Aus seems to scorch seedlings (in my experience) until they get to a certain size. I guess given the price of the seeds, I don't want to kill any off if I can help it.

I'm guessing the auto would have to be female. What do you mean stress it out?

Thanks again.