Has anyone tried audiobooks on psychedelics?

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by Jimi2007, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Jimi2007

Jimi2007 Member

I discovered this by accident. I was coming up on mushrooms and was feeling bored waiting for the effects. I planned on listening to a new album when I started feeling it, but I didn't want to listen to it before I was high at all, so I put on a Harry Potter audiobook just to relax to while coming up. It turned out to be so engaging though, I never ended up listening to my music and instead just listened to like five hours of a Harry Potter book. I never would have guessed that would be enjoyable on mushrooms, but it was fucking fun as hell. Even though I've read Harry Potter a hundred times, I was insanely into the story, and it was extremely suspenseful; I could see the story so clearly in my head, it was almost like watching a psychedelic Harry Potter play in my mind. I think nostalgia also played a role since I grew up with HP, but judging from my experiences with those audiobooks I think I would really love listening to other books, especially deep or intelligent books like 1984. It just seems really fun to experience books while tripping, and it's reAlly good audiobooks exist because when I'm tripping its insanely hard to read letters or keep track of where I am. Has anyone else tried this?

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I found that pretty funny for some reason...

Never tried an audiobook, the closest thing I've explored was a spoken word album from the Beatniks Generation on Mxe. So it had Allen Ginsberg, Jack Kerouac, William Burroughs, etc reading poetry and raps from their work with jazz interludes.