Has anyone here ever used Dramamine recreationally?

Discussion in 'Other Drugs' started by imabuildingburning, May 18, 2004.

1. mssunshine

mssunshine Member

Oh okay...im good then....i hate panic attacks...which is why i stopped smoking pot....any other drug in the world...im okay...smoke pot and its like im on crack...i laugh my ass due to not having a tolerance to it anymore...and then next thing i know im peeking out windows...thinking my heart is giving out..cant breathe...its a trip...it sucks...cause i miss it...

2. brothersun

brothersun Member

That stuff just sounds scary. Sounds like you can walk in front of traffic or fall off your balcany with even realizing it!

3. brothersun

brothersun Member

I get the same way now for some reason. Which i hate cause i love the stuff. I have to smoke in small doses. I used to smoke a quarter easy in an evening. the good old days. I think its just a mental thing that can be controled. Because if i keep myself busy i'm fine.

4. mssunshine

mssunshine Member

yeah...im a one hit quit type person...but the panic attacks happen no matter what i try to focus on....so now i just sit and smell it while my friends smoke it..guess im too old for it now..

5. xaosflux

xaosflux Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You probally won't jump off your balcony, but wandering in traffic is possible...so is waking up in a nice ditch...If you take enough of this you will be totally seperated from reality, but you will still be mobile. You really need to be in safe setting and have someone that is able to restrain you present (and no not someone else tripping on it) you have to be a real psychonaut to try to control this stuff.

6. madboy139

madboy139 Member

wandering into traffic is very possible. jumping off a balcony maybe depending on what sort of delusions you were having.

7. dobro

dobro Member

I would NOT recommend Dramamine! Me and my friend Shannon took 600 mg each one nite, and the results weren't pretty. He's tried many drugs, (pot, adderal, x, shrooms, etc), but after this trip, he was so fucked up that he told me he was quitting everything for good. He has an extremely high tolerance for everything, so I was pretty amused when, just 20 minutes after he'd taken it, he was gone. I hadn't taken any until about 10 minutes later than him, so it hadn't hit me yet. He would just mumble, lay down and stare at the blanket, look up and blink, and say "weird..". "What's weird, Shannon?" "Nothing.." Tht was amusing for me, but what happened later was not. About 20 minutes after that, he watched as insects crawled all over his arms, then looked up in time to see me tear out my tongue, hold it out for him to take, and bleed to death.

I, meanwhile, was totally gone. Nothing I said could be understood, except for apparently "whores" (or horrors) "on 4th street". I couldn't walk straight and just sat on the bed staring forward for three hours, with my mouth hanging open like I was mentally retarded. I was so lost in my own world that I wasn't responding to any outside stimulus. I'd been falsely diagnosed with autism as a child, going into a 2-year period of not speaking at all, so my boyfriend was deathly worried that I'd somehow regressed into such a state. Then when I woke up the next morning I couldn't remember ANYTHING at all except him asking me if I wanted to lay down and go to sleep about 6 times, and me replying no each time.

Before that, I'd only taken Dramamine once, at a lower dose, and saw a couple of mild hallucinations on the floor and walls, so nothing could have prepared me for this. Shannon is just thankful that he DOES have such a high tolerance or who knows what worse things could have happened?

Not trying to preach to any of you guys or anything, because I know that if anyone really wants to try it bad enough, they will...but if you do, just try a lower dose at first than we did..

8. lk_twst

lk_twst Member

The first thoughts that will cross your mind after you begin to feal the drug are why the fuck did i do this to myself??? Iv done this one more than 10 occasions before i finally realized i hated it everytime. I once while on a low dose of shrooms took 14 benadryle which have basicly the same ingrediant and after an hour the world i was in was so alien it could not be reconized, people i had known for ever did not look at all familiar and talking on the phone was impossible because you forget what you are talkin about every 3 seconds, definatly not a fun drug.

9. Zaruthustra

Zaruthustra Member

Bout 4 months ago I after I read about it on erowid I took 15 pills. There was no trip whatsover. I dragged on over to the couch and fell into a DEEP sleep. A few hours later my sister woke me up, apparently after quite some shaking, and I stumbled upstairs to my bed and finished my slumber. No dreams. Based on that experience I couldn't imagine fighting off the ungodly tiredness without at the very least some adderal. Though I seem to remember there being a difference between dimenhydrate and dramamine, without one combating some of the fatigue. Don' t remember though. In any case I'd avoid the delerients. They're no fun and there's no spiritual value. Stick with the tryptamines and phenathylamines. Peace.

10. WolleryChalmers

WolleryChalmers Member

When I took Dramamine, it was not fun. Not fun at all.

The "trip" was like this: I started hearing voices in my head; I talked to imaginary people, and I would believe that I was in places other than my bedroom. As for hallucinations, it was NOTHING like a mushroom or acid trip. Mushrooms, acid and mescaline (cactus) all have incredibly beautiful and colourful visual hallucinations. On Dramamine I saw everything dark, twitching and quivering. I had no idea what the fuck was going on. It was like a really, really bad dream. Or maybe like being schizo.

Dramamine is the worst drug I've used. I would prefer to slam my penis with a door than take that crap again. When I was young and poorly-connected (last year) I was desperate to try some sort of "trip." I wish I'd waited until mushroom season that year so I wouldn't have had the nightmarish experience. Taking Dramamine was about as fun as making love to a sweet sweet woman, and then realising her genitals are a mouth with teeth that bites off your penis, and you're left bleeding in agonising pain screaming, "why, God, why."

Anyway, if you are considering using this shit, I'd advise you to either stick to smoking weed, or finding more enjoyable trips. Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds are very cheap (available online), fairly close to an LSD trip and SO much better than Dramamine.

Take it easy everyone. Chalmers

11. MeatWagon499

MeatWagon499 Senior Member

anything is better than dramamine. maybe except for datura lol~

i was peaking on my dex trip (600mg) and i took 500mg of benadryl (diphenhydramine) along with 2 bowls of weed. it wasnt that bad with DXM because i didnt itch like mad (i was numb) but the cotton mouth was horrible! there was no spit in my mouth or throat and i had trouble breathing for a few hours, but after that it was ok. my walls turned a dark purple and had vines all over them twitching, the poster on my wall kept moving back and forth, i saw my rabbit hop towards me multiple times only to realize it wasnt real. i would begin watching TV when all of a sudden it would turn off and i'd realize it wasnt even on! i went to go take a piss and couldnt find the door handle because it kept moving everywhere lol. i had to have my friend help me find it and (sadly) unzip my pants for me. i looked up and there were 2 ceiling fans going extremley fast, so i went to go turn it off and as soon as i pressed the switch they stopped and started picking speed up slowly--they had been off the whole time. but i did experience one of the greatest things in my life, as i lay in my bed totally mind-fucked i saw different shaped little balls floating in mid air in some kind of jelly, i stuck my hand out and expected them to disappear but they didnt, they actually reacted to being touched! i played with this goo like substance for about 20 minutes, splashing it all over the place. my friend thought i had finally went crazy as he watched me move my hands about in awe, not saying a word. after i was done playing with the goo hallucination, i layed down and went to sleep. in the morning i was so saddened to realize it wasnt real, that i was just tripping. i had some kind of connection to it that i miss to this day.

i havent done dxm or dramamine since this trip, because it was such a great trip i wanted it to be my last. i wouldnt recomend dramamine at all, or dxm for that matter (my ears still ring from it). its fun to try a few times, but feeling like shit gets old FAST.

12. BrokenDebaser

BrokenDebaser Member

i took 16 dramamine and i started to tripp but i was laying on the floor holding my stomach for an hour cause the pain was soo bad (i have a horrible stomach) so i decided to smoke some pot because that always makes my stomach feel better..well i did and it helped alittle i rather trip off of dxm its so much better

13. anti

anti Member

yeah, my friend took it about two years ago, and he had absolutely no short term memory. it was pretty freaky. ive taken it twice, and it wasnt all that great. i mean, its weird, and its totally a trip, but like others have been saying, its not a "fun" drug. you just trip balls. and the recovery time is horrible. the next day i felt like i was gonna throw up all day, and i was totally drained. no emotion or will to do anything. if you do take it, i recommend having a full day to yourself the next day to just rest. having some ganja nearby for the day after wouldnt hurt either.

14. luCKYgirl875

luCKYgirl875 Member

i have tripped on dramamine about 4 times and some of the times it was really fun while other times it was boring and nothing really happened. the 1st time i ever did it i only did about 8, and nothing happened, which is weird, bc i am a small girl and weigh about 110 lbs. but the next time i did it i think i did about 10, and man i was trippin hard! my friend was on coro, and it was so funny bc she had no idea wat the hell i was talking about. in my mind, i thought we were at work, then i thought i was playing a game of tic-tac-toe with her and asked her if she was an X or an O. after that she started talking about this guy named Corey, who've i only met once, and i started to tell her that he had came into work that night when he really didnt. i also told her that that day i had gone to Krystals with this girl that i hate and we bought hamburgers which also never happened. its a pretty fun drug to trip on. the only problem i have is staying awake, it makes me so tired sometimes that i dont want to move, if anyone has any ideas which could help me stay awake that would be great, bc im planning on doing it with my friend later this week! alright thanks

15. luCKYgirl875

luCKYgirl875 Member

also something funny that happened to one of my friends that were on it...she first thoguht she was talking on the phone when she wasnt, then she totally forgot my name!!! LOL she was like who are you, whats your name?

16. greentea

greentea Member

where can i pick this up?

17. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

stay the fuck away from it

18. Mollyredmore

Mollyredmore Member

I cannot believe that you guys (not all of you guys), but some of you can sit there and bitch at me about mixing pychedelics when you are all eatin dramamine caps all the time. I love reporting to you the fact that a mixture of about ten different traditional pyschedelics would not cause as much damage, or be as dangerous as those pathetic dissociative trips

19. Jeph

Jeph Member

that shit sux!!!!

20. gnrm23

gnrm23 Senior Member

sweet sufferin' succotash...

it's a fucking OTC...
    "over the counter" --- get it?
    that means it's available in the cough & cold medicine section of your grocery store, pharmacy, apothecary, corner chemist (if yr a brit) without a prescription...

now if you really want to impress the pharmacist with your total doper coolness & savoir faire, be sure & ask him "how many ya need to eat to get reeeely fuktup, dude?"

antihistamine highs are generally considered to be very unfun (headwise) & very dangerous (healthwise)...

check out the goddamn OTC vault in the drug portion of www.erowid.org & seriously consider not doing this stuff, mmmkay?

(or at least have the number for the poison control center posted in a conspicuous place so somebody who can read (which won't be you if you be doin' up enough of this medicine to cop a righteous buzzon, dude!): or maybe even "911" (so you can remember the number for 911, just like homer ssimpson); & maybe think about pinning a note to your shirt or something with the name of exactly what you took & how many you took, so as to save time for the EMTs & ER folks who may end up trying to save your sorry ass...)

or not; see ya in the obits...

(somebody over at the shroomery i think described it as a poor-man's jimpson weed poisoning ---> now there's a solid recommendation for ya...)

~~~~~