Has anyone here ever used Dramamine recreationally?

Discussion in 'Other Drugs' started by imabuildingburning, May 18, 2004.

1. imabuildingburning

imabuildingburning Member

I have 3x, and each time it wasn't really worth it. The trip is mad fucked up, that's for sure...but it's really not that fun. It just...is.

2. eat_some_LSD

eat_some_LSD Senior Member

I've used it a few times...killer trip, and it's cheap and legal...but the 24 hours of recovery makes it not-so-worthwhile.

3. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

Yes, a great trip, imo. It's like dxm, u like it, or you don't. You become delerious though, and thats when things get dangerous. Watch out for higher doses; like if your talking to people who are'nt there, touching and picking things up that are'nt there, eating things that are'nt there, you've gone a bit too far. The problem with this though, is that you don't, in morst cases i've seen at least, think, "this is a heavy trip, i should slow down" you just go on about your buisness like things were perfectly normal. Belive me, i've taken the plunge dozens of times, and people get very, very delerious. And don't trip more than once a month, the shit is killer on your liver.

4. opticalpromise

opticalpromise Member

i did it a long time ago, i got this really intense fatigue thing and the other big thing was that my short term memory was SO fucked up, i could not keep up with any conversation. i hated the body buzz and general feel of dramamine and found i got nothing out of the experience except satisfying curiousity.
    with dxm ive at least hit some pretty nice body buzz and highs that sort of feel good, and good perception altering effects especially with sound and music, and a plethora of visuals in the dark.

5. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

i popped 20 dramamine and drank a bottle of robotussin, then took 20mg adderall to stay awake.

i cant remeber a lot except for being straight insane. like, i was looking for my friend who i just saw in my room, i was looking in rediculous places, like under coke cans and in between matresses. i was out of my head. and i didnt know it. i was smoking ciggs iu didnt have and everything. like that one guy said, you dont realize how fucked up you are at the time. bad idea in my opinion. my mom woulda sent me to the mental ward if she saw me talking to nobody.

and the body load sucks.

6. bobfirechief

bobfirechief Member

Once I gave some to my friend who had never tried them . He ate 24 tablets and went insane . He wandered around my house the whole time messing with shit and taking things apart . He crawled in bed with my mom and when she asked him what he was doing , he said looking for my pencil . Then my other buddy was going to the bathroom and found him with his pants down in front of my dryer . He was pissing in the dryer and when he my buddy asked him what was he doing he said don't narc on me . He was really gone and it was a pain in the ass watching over him especially after he pissed because it didn't just all go in the dryer , his pants were covered in piss as well .

Finally around 6:30 am rolled around and I told him he had to leave , wich was a HUGE mistake . He drove home still under the influence . Later that day he called me and toled me what happened on the way home .

Apparently he thought he was in the passenger seat and someone else was driving , so he wasn't steering . Along a guardrail he yelled to the guy driving to steer . He really wasn't there so he crashed into it . Luckily he wasn't going very fast and didn't get hurt . Then he went to his school cause he thought he had school . It was a saturday , but they were doing SAT's so some people were there . He wandered in with his pants full of piss and with no shoes on and his school counselor told him to leave . He then went out to his van , opened the back , and talked to a group a friends for a while untill he realised they weren't there . Finally he managed to make it home safely .

Since then he hasn't tried it anymore and I have stayed away as well . It's a shitty drug with a terrible body load . It can be very dangerous because you just don't know what the fuck your'e doing and if you do , you think it's alright . Some younger people might like this , I sure did when I was 15 , but believe me there are much better drugs out there than this shit .

7. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

Haha, me and this kid stayed over at my friends house, and he was very new to the scene(the kid). He took a roll(12 or so) and was feeling fucked up a bit, but we were all tired, so we were like, fuck it, sleep. This kid got up, left the house, door swinging wide open, and went and sat outside of the development on the curb. We found him like just at sun up, the sprinklers were spraying all over him. When he got back down, he was saying that he was calling his mom to come pick him up(all his stuff was at the house) and he was smoking a black and mild with a really tall black guy, which may or may not have really happened. crazy shit

8. xaosflux

xaosflux Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I've done this before...It was quite an experience...

Complete Hallucinations...you think that they are real..but they are not.

This is not a 'FUN' drug..but it is very much so a psychedlic experience...

Strongly recomend a SOBER trip sitter for this one...It is like being in a waking dream..

Everytime I've done this i find my self talking to myself and saying, "Self, why the fuck did you do this to your self again?"

9. madboy139

madboy139 Member

this is complete detachment from reality. a psychotic state. definitely NOT recreational.

10. mssunshine

mssunshine Member

Ok, when im tired and cant sleep, ill take 2 OTC dramamine with a beer and it knocks me out....how do you use recreationally?

are we talking same type dramine?

11. imabuildingburning

Yeah, sunshine...it's the regular OTC dramamine. It's sold as an anti-nausea remedy, but the active ingredient (dimenhydrinate) also works as a sleep aid. If you want to trip off the shit though you gotta take at least 400-500 milligrams, which is 8-10 of the original formula pills. And if you do decide to try it, make sure you're in a safe setting and don't have any shit to do for the rest of the day. Oh, and expect to see fucked up shit...and bugs. Lots and lots of bugs...am I right or what (for those who have done it)?

12. crackforkids

i had to take adderall to stay awake long enough to tripp. that isnt a good idea though, health risks.

i never saw any bugs, not 1. but i was confused when the 10 people in my room suddenly left the party (dissapeared) and the music turned off. it never started or ended. i only remember the peak. i called someone and do not remember that at all. i slurred my words real bad cause i was so tired. i remember thinking i was sober. it was like waking up from a freaky cloudy nightmare the next morning, i had no idea what "really" happened to me last night.

13. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

It won't kill you to take that many? I'm always afraid to take more than two of anything.... :eek: Wouldn't you just pass out before you could even trip? Those things always knock me out first thing.

14. mssunshine

mssunshine Member

yeah happy...im thinking the same thing...i usually take them to go to sleep, or if i have a severe hangover....

ive also wondered though...who are the people that try this kind of stuff to begin with to even find out you can trip on it....LOL

so if your seeing shit...im assuming that it somewhat like shrooms? or am i wrong?

15. crackforkids

that is SO WRONG. i mean, i see where your comming from but its nothing like that. ok, the drammine shit is made from a chemical in the datura plant. that should let you know how fucked up it is. read through this thread, do a llittle reading on erowid, and think about the word "delerious" for a little bit.

16. mssunshine

mssunshine Member

how sad is this...i thought i had tried ALOT of shit...then i read here and find out there is SO MUCH more in the world that i dont even know about, or wouldnt know how to get...just the norm drugs i guess is what i know...pot, speed, coke, crystal, heroin, scripts, pcp, shrooms, lsd, crack...i feel old and not so drug savvy anymore...LOL

17. imabuildingburning

I've only done shrooms once, and barely even tripped, but dramamine is NOTHING AT ALL like shrooms, or any other fun drug for that matter. I mean, it's $3 for a tube of the stuff, and not many people do it, so do that math...hehe. I would say go for it though if you're curious, just so you know what it's like to be completely fucked out of your mind.

18. mssunshine

mssunshine Member

ok crack...i just went and read about it like you suggested....so from your experience...what are the drawbacks...this sounds cool...but are there any side effects? and is the come down really upto 3 days?

sounds like something i *might* get up the nerve to try..especially since i have a shitload of dramamine at home...but the older i get...the less i like to try to new things as death isnt what im looking for

19. Velouria

Velouria Member

Dramaine is great if you want to feel shitty, gross, and short of breath. It's especially fun when you wake up the next morning and wish you could just die.

20. imabuildingburning

Well sunshine, here's a final bit of advice. First of all, the comedown isn't 3 days, it's more like 10 hours...at worst you might just feel a little off for a few days. Secondly, don't expect it to be all great and everything, but at the same time it's a worthwhile experience. Also, don't worry about dying. You won't OD on it, unless you take upwards of 25 or more. That's not to say that you won't do something pretty stupid and end up killing yourself though if you decide to go for a walk or something though. =) I would take between 10-12. Be prepared for a rather unpleasant body load and possible shortness of breath/panic attack though.