Has anyone ever tried huffing Axe?

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by RoBoWaLkEr, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Phsh Melt

Phsh Melt Member

first let me say I dont want to be too judgemental so I will proclaim TO EACH HIS OWN but I feel I am allowed to express my opinion. I dont quite understand why you would try something you know is destroying your brain, wheres the rush in that? You want a rush, go skydiving...thats a fucking rush man! Hell...even nitrous...what a waste of money! I guess I dont see the appeal in huffing but like I said, to each his own.

2. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

your brain does produce a chemical similair to delta-9-tetrahydracannibanol, it works on the CANNIBANOID RECEPTORS (*sp) [it is the reason you get slap happy when you dont sleep] so that my reason for believing pot is an all natural drug,which we should be able to do(smoke,eat), why else would the receptors be there? i'll try to dig up the name of that compound.

3. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

The name of the chemical is "anandamide", which does act at the same receptors as THC. But trying to use that as a justification for smoking pot makes no sense, because almost ANYTHING that gets you high does so by binding to receptor sites in the brain. :)

Should people be shooting heroin because it binds to the brain's natural receptors for endorphins? Should they be smoking crystal meth because it mimics the action of adrenaline and dopamine? Is MDMA use justified because it works at serotonin receptors?

Using the existence of receptor sites as a justification of drug use is silly at best. It is only because those receptors exist that the drugs have any effect at all.