Has anyone else had experiences with spirit spouses?

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by Wildflowerhiker, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Wildflowerhiker

Wildflowerhiker Members

Just curious if anyone else has had experiences with spirit spouses or astral traveling lovers/spirits? This happened to me. Here is a Wikipedia definition
    Spirit spouse
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
    The spirit spouse is a widespread element of shamanism, distributed through all continents and at all cultural levels. Often, these spirit husbands/wives are seen as the primary helping spirits of the shaman, who assist them in their work, and help them gain power in the world of spirit. The relationships shamans have with their spirit spouses may be expressed in romantic, sexual, or purely symbolic ways, and may include gender transformation as a part of correctly pairing with their "spouse". Shamans report engaging with their spirit spouses through dreams, trance, and other ritual elements.[1] In some cultures, gaining a spirit spouse is a necessary and expected part of initiation into becoming a shaman. Examples of spirit spouses may be seen in non-shamanic cultures as well, including dreams about Jesus Christ by nuns,[2][3] who are considered to be "brides of Christ".[4]

It became very supernatural and bizarre and I became attached to some, engaged with some as well trying to cut cords and renounce as many do on articles I found elsewhere on the internet when the experience was not positive.

I am just curious if anyone else has experienced this experience ?

Greylines and (deleted member) like this.
  2. WhatJustHappened

WhatJustHappened Members

I’ve experienced a spirit spouse!

Although it might not have been.......

It did sound like a banshee wailing in my ear.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

At one point, yes...

But she seems to have gone, now...

mysticblu21 likes this.
  4. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

I have a shadow human and a shadow cat that follows me around the house. I would consider that a spirit spouse with a pet.

themnax and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

What I have to say is off topic, but it's relevant to the thread question.

My late wife is a spirit.

She watches over me.
    She gives me signs telling me she's around.
    She speaks to me in dreams.

She subconsciously helps me make good life decisions.

I often wonder if she's also helping others that were close to her as a spirit friend.

themnax, Bilby and (deleted member) like this.
  6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

when i was born i had memories of having had a wife in a previous life.

i've lost two in this life also. the one i didn't marry, never had a chance to, and of course, the one i actually was married to who up and died on me.
    oddly enough or not so oddly, it is almost never that i see anyone i know from this life in my dreams.

nothing from the christian story relates to anything in my dreams. in any way good or bad.
    its like that's a completely different universe, that i don't even know where or if it exists.

i know something of its history in the mundane world, but gods, if they exist in my dream universe, have no gender, no physical form, no wish to be feared, and no obligation to any human belief.

and i do, well i do believe, because i do believe i've met, without it making any big thing about me,
    it was just a matter of reasurances, met something, someone, who could be called a god, because they were neither physical nor imaginary.

and then there was that goddess/priestess, elxtia, in my previous life on lananara, where she had started a religion on that world called the nalanuthu, that means way or path in the mountains.

more like dao/budhist/shinto/zen then like western aramaic beliefs.

and don't get me wrong, i HAVE studied and even for a time followed western beliefs, christianity included. but i believe in the goodness of strangeness and not in the goodness of wishing to be feared.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i also remember now there was a song, i think it was by the dead milkmen, about or called, "my wife and my dead wife".

8. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love

Are ghosts watching us have sex?

Totally Yoda, themnax and Bilby like this.