Harvey's veggie burger.

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by SweeperOfDreams13, May 8, 2004.

1. SweeperOfDreams13

SweeperOfDreams13 Member

Has anyone ever tried Harvey's veggie burger? those things kick some serious ass.
    I just decided to turn vegetarian a week ago and so far it's going great. I think I could live offa those muthafuckas for quite a while.

2. Hanzo Sword

Hanzo Sword Member

Yo, I'm very much NOT vegetarian but I'm willing to try anything once and I'm currently trying to eat healthier (which, in my mind means eating less meat than I currently do).

There is one vegetarian food I absolutely love called Stonewall's Jerquee. It's damn tasty soy jerky that's either hella spicy or just mild. Check that grub out.

3. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

I haven't tried those veg burgers myself, but I wanted to say that it's great that you found something you like to eat and even better that you have gone veg! Sweeper, you kick some serious ass! Hope you can stay vegitarian, in a couple more weeks the thought of eating meat will disgust you.

4. attackmole

attackmole Member

hm.. havent had harvy's veggie burger. Now you made me want to try one. Its been 8 months since my last real hamburger.

5. babovic_sonja

babovic_sonja Member

Have you tried the Johnny Rockets veggie burger? Those are great too!! Actually, they taste so much like meat, it's SCARY!! They're quite nice though, I mean, they taste too much like meat, in my opinion, but I think they'd be great for someone who's just turned veggie ;-)

6. fi_J

fi_J Member

i wsa curious if the veggie burger was vegan... this is what i found! (interesting the way cut and paste works in vbulletin... hope it shows up how it's supposed to.)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] MAIN MENU ITEMS VeggieBurger (3.2 oz)*
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    *dairy and egg products in bun only

[d'oh! that didn't quite work out, but you get the idea... Xs under dairy, eggs, soy, wheat, sulphites and sesame seeds.]

so the burger is, but the bun isn't! lol!
    i haven't tried it myself, but my friend has... he liked it... obviously the real grill must make a difference over griddle-fried burgers of other fast food joints. my friend was also impressed that they reserve a section of the grill just for veggie burgers, to keep "purists" happy, i suppose.

personally, i have nothing against mock meats, but veggie burgers that try too hard to look and taste like meat don't impress me. i enjoy the kind which are obviously veggie, with their own distinct (veggie) taste.

wonder what they'd do if i asked for a vegan alternative to the bun... bring your own bread could be a new trend!

7. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I like Lick's veggie burgers... those are awesome!