Harvey Weinstein

Discussion in 'People' started by Fueled by Coffee, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I think it will annoy you in the same way it annoyed me

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

As for Brett Ratner, Henstridge has a valid claim

But all the others sound lame. Some guy talks dirty in first class on a flight, makes no physical contact, and that somehow ruins your life does it?

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I meant in general, television is in a golden age. I can think of a bunch of shows I would rather stay home and watch than go sit in a smelly theatrenext to a loud chewer and watch the crap they try to pass off as film these days

BUT

I really like OITNB

And I just finished watching Girls all the way through and honestly loved it and thought it has a certain genius to it. But I get that it isnt for everyone and not everyone is going to see what I saw in it

(I did watch Big Little Lies too and thought it was well made and well acted but also really boring)

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

It took me a couple of seasons to get into it but I think its great

I agree with VG that Piper is annoying but I disagree with the other part lf what he said, she wasn't really treated like the main character after season 1. And all the other characters are great

5. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

It already is gynocentric. They're remaking Lord of The Flies with an all girl cast. See the recent Ghostbusters flop. It'll only hasten their demise into unpopularity and financial loss.

That's not even the worst part though. Hollywood has totally run out of original ideas. That's why they keep making shitty remakes of good films and classics. The way I see it: If they're gonna make a remake, do it with a lackluster movie that had problems that need fixing

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I hate it when people say that, thousands of years of theatre, over a hundred years of cinema, the world over

There are only really a dozen or so basic storylines possible when you filter it all down

7. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Praying for your taste.

May God have mercy.

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

You're such a Marnie

9. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i heard they are finally close to pressing actual charges against him

kind of odd considering he is already guilty and convicted of all accusations (according to the media)

10. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

If that's Lena Dunham's character, you're dead to me.

Is that show this generation's Sex and the City?

Which also sucked btw xD

11. NotDeadYet

NotDeadYet Not even close.

All the major characters are seriously fucked up. My wife couldn't stop watching it, for the same reason that it's hard to look away from a plane crash or train wreck.

Reese Witherspoon acted her ass off.

12. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

While we're off topic and talking about movies and shows that not everyone likes, I finally saw the new Ghostbusters. I can see how it seriously pissed people off and I can see how some people put it on a pedestal.

Lacked the charm of the original, but was muuuuuuuuuuuucchh better than I expected. Loved the cast.

13. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I guess Kevin Spacey is the new Harvey Weinstein. Should he get his own thread of infamy?

14. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

This scandal is getting completely out of control, Now Corey Haim alleges that Charlie Sheen sexually assaulted him when her was 13 years old.

Although Haim doesn't claim that Charlie Sheen was a member of the notorious Hollywood pedophile ring that Haim's his late friend Corey Feldman alleges

Charlie Sheen Denies Corey Haim Sexual Assault Allegation

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

No no no no no

1. The original source of the story is The National Enquirer

2. From an interview with a guy called Dominick Brascia who had been the one accused by another friend of Haims as the one whoactually raped Haim on the set of the same film he now accusses Sheen at the same time

3. Brascia and Haim were "friends" Brascia about ten years older, from when Haim was 13

4. Harrison, the guy that accused Brascia also said Corey Feldman was the one that set up Brascia with Haim

5, Haim died in 2010. Haims mother didnt like this guy hanging out with his son when he was a teem, and she thinks Feldman is a lying little shit

Perez Hiltons blog about it from a year ago: EXCLUSIVE! Actor Dominick Brascia Defends He Did NOT Sexually Abuse Corey Haim — See What He Said HERE!

I think Sheen is just an easy target as everyone knows he has HIV and they'll automatically make the link between HIV=gay. and in the current climate this snake knows everyones going to just read the headlines and just remember the Sheen Haim connection

16. hotwater

You’re right the original story was published in the National Enquirer but apparently the story has legs because the LAPD told the Hollywood Reporter on Wednesday that an investigation has been launched into the allegations

Besides these days with all the fake news floating around if you can’t believe the National Enquirer who can you believe?

Hotwater

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

No the investigation is about Feldmans claims, nothing to do with Charlie Sheen

18. hotwater

And If the LAPD is able to corroborate Feldman’s claims of a Hollywood pedophile ring then that gives Haim’s story some credibility.

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Corey Haim is dead, died in 2010, this didnt come from him

20. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Louis C.K. Is the next one with a sexual assault scandal. Seems to be an ongoing problem with male feminists lately

21. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Except CK has come out and said its true.

Back in 2005, a female comedian he was working with, askes her to come back to his dressing room and jerk off in front of her?

The others seem to all be female comedians as well.

Seriously, who does that, he was reasonable successful then, thus had money, why not just see a hooker, or take a trip to mexico.

Especially since they were all upcoming comedians, he head writer on some shows, a mentor, that is pretty shitty.

Bye Bye Louis CK, he can go sell air conditioners with Kevin Spacey, another career over