Harvey Weinstein

Discussion in 'People' started by Fueled by Coffee, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

2. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Oh ok, I understand. I appreciate you clarifying, Piaf. I actually like Kevin Spacey. Became a fan watching "Seven" and "The Negotiator". At the end of the day, these stars are just as human and vulnerable as the rest of us. I hope you understand that I'm totally not against the fact that he has come out. I was just a little mixed up with the "hero" term, that's all:)

1 person likes this.
  3. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Oh, ok.

4. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Remembering a similar coming out for NJ Govener Jim McGrevy :" I am a gay American"

not pedepheolia, but malfeasence in office.

5. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Yeah Kevin Spacey is just another in an ever growing list of hollywood dirt bags which now include Dustin Hoffman who have been accused of sexual misconduct and have issued formal apologies

I get it we’re all sexual beings but where Kevin Spacey screwed up is when he made advances towards a 14 year old boy,

Hotwater

6. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

That doesn't compare at all.

To paraphrase Spacey:

"I was drunk, I don't remember. By the way, I'm gay."

Despicable. He's desperately grasping for gay privilege to excuse himself from all this. If I recall correctly, didn't the gay community lobby for eons to disassociate themselves from child molesters?

7. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Is there irony that Kevin Spacey played a Lester Bunham in American Beauty where he blackmails an efficiency expert for sexual advances the efficiency expert did not make.

8. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

LOL when will people ever learn that persons who prey on children of the same sex are NOT gay.

9. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

He also sleeps with a teenager...or tires to. I haven't seen the movie in a long time. But I remember he lusted after his daughter's friend.

10. Bilby

He did indeed lust after his daughter.s friend, but when he dies get the chance to seduce her he does the right thing and backs off, A case of Kevin Spacey acting,

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I've always loved that movie but was reading Thora Birch, who played his daughter, was only 16 at the time and her tits were on full display in one scene. Kinda weird to think about. Bit young for all that

12. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

^^^^Yeah, although American Beauty came out in 1999 when she was 17 she was only 16 when the movie was being filmed and they did not use a body-double [​IMG]

Hotwater

13. Bilby

For a while Mirimax was not part of Hollywood and even when part of Disney they were fairly independent. Mirimax has made some goof films such as Gangs of New York and The Hours.Harvey Weinstein did not like Nicole Kidman's false nose or Phillip Glass' score. He turned out to be wrong on both counts.
    These days I see Hollywood slowly grinding to a halt , with endless sequels and re-makes. Nothing all that original

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I think Hollywood will be much more women-centric going forward, we're already seeing a trend towards it in television with shows like Orange is the New Black, HBO's Big Little Lies...Girls...that's all I can think of off the top of my head but i've seen quite a few shows that are dominated by a female cast and production lately

And speaking of, television is slaying the movie industry right now. Why blow $50 on a night at the movies when you can see really high quality entertainment from home

1 person likes this.
  16. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I hope you don't consider those two shows you named "high quality entertainment".

1 person likes this.
  17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I gave up on OITNB somewhere in season 3.

They had some really great actresses, who for the most part were wasted, in preference for the annoying little princess that was in the lead.

Piper and Alex, that was the fakest wesbian couple ever, and if you are going to have a MTF trans character, dont get a female to do it

18. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I've yet to see Orange is the New Black, bit everyone assures me I'll love it.

But I tend to dislike most of the shows people tell me I'll love, so...

19. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Evidently blowing shit up is what entertains most these days. Shallow. I heard about the "casting couch" when I was very young, so Weinsteins antics follow a tried and true method.

20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Groan

1. 2 nobodys that already have child sex convictions, wellhow convenient

2. His former assistant when he was a teen star, and some talent scout, hardly hollywood heavyweights, or a ring.

3. He has pretty much just admitted he was getting this assistant to get him drugs when he was a famous teen, thus likely his friend Haim as well.

Not saying this assistant didnt molest him, but it still comes back Feldman being the most responsible for getting his friend on drugs, most responsible for his death.

This assistant has child sex convictions, so nobody is going to bother defending his side of the story, Feldman knows this.

If Feldman was really just talking about his assistant the whole time, you really got to wonder why the fuck he didnt go the cops 20 years ago...
    That makes no sense now.

This assistant pushed him to try crack?, oh please, junkies will say anything