Harvey Weinstein

Discussion in 'People' started by Fueled by Coffee, Oct 14, 2017.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

This reads like an opinion, but this is clearly a fact.

Newer movies in the last few years have been sub par in quality. Ticket sales are down as are viewership for the Academy Awards.

They keep pushing the same cliches over and over again. Saturating films with virtue signaling and diversity quotas (see Paul Fieg's Ghostbusters), when most viewers go to the movies to escape politics.

I haven't been to the movies since Captain America Civil War.

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Please everyone tell me you didn't know what was going on BTS in Hollywood.

4. Amerijuanican

Amerijuanican Banned

Hollywood is a free for all. Always has been and always will be.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

This documentary about the powerful pedophile networks in Hollywood was released two years ago, and the producers have made it available to watch for free until 10/22. Everyone should see it so you know, as child star Corey Feldman said, what the biggest problem in Hollywood is..
    https://vimeo.com/142444429

2 people like this.
  6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I understand it seems like a fact when we take the worst examples (like the Ghostbusters reboot indeed) and 99% of movie fans with developed taste acknowledge how bad it is, but no the statement about Hollywood movies is actually still an opinion.

There are 2 other obvious reasons why ticket sales have steadily been going down in the last 2 decades. Pirating and digital services

Agree about the cliches in the far majority of Hollywood movies. But I think the statement that most viewers go to the movies to escape politics is an assumption that could very well be wrong. Yes, most people go to be entertained. But not primarily to get away from politics

I fully understand how that movie negatively impacted your view on the Hollywood movie industry :)

1 person likes this.
  7. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Ah yes. I was going to make one of my usual sarcastic comments but then didn't.

Elegantly said, sir.

8. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Wondering if Harvey hit up Huma Abdien at that fundraiser?

[​IMG]?

9. 6-eyed shaman

2 feminists supporting a womanizer. Go figure.

1 person likes this.
  10. 6-eyed shaman

Speaking of Corey Feldman

He was arrested on drug charges last night. It’s no coincidence that this is correlated to his allegations surfacing.

11. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

so true , Roman Polanski! While women and men in Hollywood stand behind him and what he did, agreeing that he should be allowed back in the USA and charges dropped, still willing to work with him on films overseas knowing full well what he is and what he did to a young 13 year old. at the same time criticizing others for the same thing. How about Woody Allen? I have little respect for most of Hollywood or anything that they have to say, those who believe their stance actually holds any weight. They make it hard to believe it is true when so many do and say things for publicity. While claiming to defend women and BLM. Virtue signalling! What a joke! Not that I am denying the casting couch.

This sort of publicity is common as well. Jennifer Lawrence left a collection of butt plugs in her hotel room. Publicity stunt! Is this to endear the public to her and fellow butt plug users will gravitate to her? Maybe this is because she only submits to anal on the casting couch, or she wants the public to know she likes anal. Let directors know she is anal willing! To sexualize herself? Oops nude photos taken and released. She is so edgy!

2 people like this.
  12. 6-eyed shaman

Thankfully, Hollywood is much easier to boycott than one night think.

There’s lots of good independent films out there. Online content creations. Attending plays, symphonies, and live performances.

I have mixed feelings about Weinstein’s victims waiting to come forward. If they’d have organized themselves and come together a long time ago, they’d’ve Prevented the rapes of tons more victims. The disgusting part is that many Hollywood insiders knew and joked about it. Seth Mcfarlane said at the Oscars, “Congratulations to you ladies who no longer have to pretend to be attracted to Harvey Weinstein!” The bastard was in on it too.

2 people like this.
  13. Asmodean

I don't like McFarlane but that 'joke' or remark was good. Uttered at a great location.

If those women felt like they could organize and come together back then they probably would have, 6-eyed. They do get that feeling now and it is acted upon :) Better late than never

1 person likes this.
  14. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well said!

15. Eric!

Are you serious about Jennifer Lawrence and the buttplug thing? Where did you read that? I like hearing about Hollywood actresses that are into anal. Holy shit, I LOVE this woman now!! I'm going to google some bikini pics of her, right this minute! CUUUUUM!!!

16. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Now he's got a new accuser. A woman he knew has an attorney and says he forced her to let him eat her out. I imagine that he must have made a pretty serious advance for her to be making the allegations against him. It's probably not cut and dry though because she has to be sort of passive in order for that to work. We'll probably never know the details, but things are stacking up heavily against Mr. Weinstein.

I was watching a movie, can't remember which, and TWC came across the screen. It makes me a little sick now. I hope they sell their company.

17. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

Gloria Allred must be working major overtime buckaroons on this one

I wonder how much she pays for accusers to come out

18. Asmodean

Crisis actors, all of them!

What would selling the company change? Anyway, i just watched the latest Tarantino movie like last week and the WC name came by there as well, which made me think of this as well :p

1 person likes this.
  19. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Yeah we know that before you hated her feminist ass.

20. Eric!

I don't care about that at all. As a matter of fact, I never knew that she was to begin with. Still want to get her in the booty!