Harry Potter!

Discussion in 'Books' started by paix, May 25, 2004.

1. DandelionPrincess

DandelionPrincess Member

i used to be crazy about harry potter, read the first three books w/in one month and waited forever for the fourth to come out and read that w/in one week, and now i have the fifth book, but i havent gotten around to reading it, the craziness about it has worn off...maybe i'll start reading the other book and i'll get back in the drift again...

2. guardian_tnaos

guardian_tnaos Member

hey this was what i just now sent to CBBC Newsround. this is where the mistakes were listed. i dunno how to do a link, so you might have to paste the address into your url if you wanna see. http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/tv_film/newsid_3791000/3791707.stm

i would really appreciate it if this was posted so the public could view it, but i understand if you refrain from doing so.

i'd like to comment on some of the mistakes concerning the harry potter poa film and explain why a few of them AREN'T.

<<And 16-year-old Alex thinks there is a mistake when Hermione is throwing pebbles at Hagrid's hut.

The first time round the pebble leaves a lot of the vase standing, but when Hermione repeats the scene minutes later the vase is completely smashed to pieces.>>

that was realistic. no one is going to hit the same target the same way twice. no matter how much magic you have in you.

<<When Harry thought he saw his dad save him (it was really himself) there was a shape of a deer but when Harry went back in time it was not there.
    William, 9, Barnsley>>

when you look at a mist of vapor from behind, your gonna have trouble discerning the image. the stag was about a hundred feet away from him.

<<In the scene with Buckbeak the camera is close on Ron and he's clapping his HANDS for Harry, however, when the camera moves back on Harry, you can see Ron clapping one hand on his BOOK instead.
    Elle, 15, Lexington >>

how hard is it to pick up a book and start clapping it in a matter of seconds?

<<I spotted a mistake when Snape caught Harry in school in the middle of the night - Lupin came and took Harry to his office when out of the windows it was bright and sunny!
    Anna, 12, Norwich>>

its hogwarts! its different rooms are enchanted! it doesn't take a genius to figure it out.

<<When Harry is under his invisibility cloak his eyes are green, but then when the camera goes back on him, his eyes suddenly return to blue.
    Amy, 15, Dallas >>

you know...even a muggle's eyes can do that.

<<When the trio are in Hagrid's hut before Buckbeak's beheading, a pebble (thrown by who we later find to be Hermione) hits the ceramic vase on the table, which breaks, leaving half of it standing up. Later, when Harry and Hermione revisit this moment in time, Hermione throws the pebble, hitting the vase, but this time when it shatters no piece is left standing up.
    Alex, 16 >>

i commented on one like this above.

<<In the scene where Harry is confronted by Snape when he's "sleep walking" Harry is holding the map one handed but the close-up shows him holding the map with two hands.
    Martin, 14, Essex >>

you do know that some people switch hands when reading something, sometimes using only one hand, and other times using both...and it only takes a second to change them??!!

<<Hermione wraps the chain twice around her neck, so it's not long around her neck but it is when she unravels it.
    Juliet, 16, Norwich>>

how is that a mistake?

<<I spotted a mistake - near the beginning, Harry's scar changes sides from right to left then back again.
    Louisa, 11 >>

you know, i'm pretty sure harry has a few mirrors in his room, and the dursley's have a few around their house.

3. Jinxy

Jinxy Guest

Maybe there's just somthing wrong with me but I couldn't figure out the bricks, could you maybe share the secret? Some of those hidden things are hard to find or figure out.

4. DragonLady

DragonLady Member

I was thinking the same thing....perhaps Neville? How apropriate this this totally geeky inept child of the first book would come into his own! I think there's more to his family than meets the eye and JKR has just begun touching on it.

5. guardian_tnaos

guardian_tnaos Member

i think frank and alice long bottom are completely sane. i think they are somehow trapped inside of themselves, and the droobles best blowing gum wrappers are a clue to helping them.

6. LoveSunnyDay

LoveSunnyDay Member

I really LOVE HArry Potter. I read all five books, saw three films...
    Harry Potter is one of my favourite books. And it doesn't mean that I am not grown up yet, because these books read all my family...My dad my mum and even my Grandmather....
    It's really strange how this story can affect all world, but maybe, cause this book is so realistic....Perhaps people wanna believe in miracle in real world..... :)
    I like this book because it takes me to the world full of wonder but also that world is so believable......

7. AppleScruff

AppleScruff Member

ooh! good one!

anyway, i just finished rereading the fifth book & i can't wait for the sixth. :D

8. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

i love the books i get so lost in them, like im right there in the forest or in the stands at the quidditch game :p

9. guardian_tnaos

guardian_tnaos Member

i have another theorie. i read a while back that ron seems to be a bit prophetic. maybe he inherited that from his mothers side. if that is the case, then i found evidence that most of the weasleys, possibly all of them, and harry will die. on page 176 of ootp, after mrs weasley fought the boggart, she said that she dreams about them dieing. of course, it could just be a normal fear, but she is a weasley. (she used to be a prewitt, i think, but i'm not sure, i'll have to doublecheck on that.)

10. guardian_tnaos

guardian_tnaos Member