Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows

Discussion in 'Fantasy Books' started by hippy i am, Feb 16, 2007.

1. moonshyne

moonshyne Approved by the FDA

I plan on wearing headphones when I get my book (reserved through Borders!) to keep jerks from spoiling it. After seeing video on Ebaum of a total panty-waste screaming out at everyone "Snape Kills Dumbledore!" I refuse to allow that to happen to me. No way.

Hopefully Ron will DIE. Please, God, let Ron die!

2. mr.morrison

mr.morrison Senior Member

no way, ron's cool. i want neville and harry to die from a blast ended skrewt during care of magical creatures class. hagrid wasnt watching over cause he was to bust speed balling in his hut

3. hippy i am

hippy i am poppy seed bagels

I hope the trio live. The trio has GOT to live. I hope Snape and Draco die by self-sacrifice. And I hope Voldemort dies, too.

4. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

I think Snape and/or Draco will die to save Harry. Maybe Snape will die for Draco and Draco for Harry... but either way, I think Snape is probably really on the good side and Harry will only realize it because of his death.

Just finished book 4 in my "countdown"... I need to slow down or I'll end up with days of free time between the end of HBP and the new release.

I think I'll have my wonderful hubby pre-order my copy from the Books-a-million by his work tomorrow. That way I'll be sure to get it ASAP. :D

5. Riggs

Riggs Banned

Ok, good. Now I can talk about Harry Potter. My kids got me hooked on Harry Potter. I heard one of the main ones bite the dust. They signed up to do two more movies.

6. Riggs

Riggs Banned

The book comes out soon, doesn't it? The movie too.

7. pianoperson60

pianoperson60 Senior Member

i hope hagrid dies. hes just annoying.
    luna will be revealed as a pothead.
    haha
    nah but seirousloy, hagrid just needs to go.
    and with the whole does-harry-or-voldemort-survive??? question, what I think is....
    I HAVE NO CLUE!
    ive given up guessing on waht happens in tehse books. JK is just a big stoner liek us, and therefore, its impossible to gues wahtll go on in her head....its liek taht everytime, i make logical, good guesses, and then its all totally thrown off cuz JK ROlwing decides to introduce a completley new environment or a completley new set of characters which change EVERYTHING!
    oh well...

8. Riggs

Riggs Banned

If anyone of the trio dies... Ron.. I think.. and Harry gets with the girl.
    If Harry dies, my kids will never be the same. I won't either. lol BOO HOO !!

9. Riggs

Riggs Banned

Hagrid could die and come back as a ghost.

10. mortes

mortes Senior Member

hermione dies

Spoiler alert! Don't read that if you don't want it spoileD!

11. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

I don't hope that Hagrid dies, but I think he will protecting Harry. He's been there for Harry since the beginning.

Snape certainly will die. It's justice. The Malvoys and other assorted bad guys probably.

She wants to wrap this thing up. I see an end to the world of wizardy. Harry, Ron and Hermine and company will have to continue their lives as muggles. But like with CS Lewis, she'll probably leave a faint glimmer that even though they have ventured further up and further on, perhaps there may be a way back.

12. moonshyne

Possible theory....possible spoilers! read @ your own risk!

my current theory (out of the many of I have had) is that voldemort was planning on making his final horcrux with harry's death. Of course harry did not die, and Voldy's spell backfired....both avada kedavra and his horcrux spell, turning harry into a horcrux in that moment when voldy's soul splits.

Lots of people think that though...no big deal. But I'm thinking that harry might have been a squib (a person born to magic parents but possessing no magical abilities of his/her own...i know most of you know that though!) and during the horcrux process, some of Voldy's powers were infused in harry. It happened with Tom Riddle's diary...it was almost a living thing itself, and fairly powerful. Not sure about the ring, because dumbledore dealt with that himself.

Harry will end up having to sacrifice his magical powers in order to destroy Voldemort. I think alot of people are already thinking along those lines anyway, but I think harry was never meant to have those powers in the first place. That would fully explain why harry could talk to snakes, since that is obviously only a slytherin trait. It would also fully explain why harry sees what Voldy, and his snake, sees, why his scar burns, blah blah blah.

BUT, I'm really hoping that this is NOT the case...it'll be so disappointing.

13. flowerchild23-91

flowerchild23-91 Member

I can't wait until it comes out, it would be really sad if Harry did die but it is all pretend, I'm going to be more sad that the series has ended but it is probably better to leave when people willl miss you than when they are sick of you!

14. Ghost-in-the-Snow

Ghost-in-the-Snow Banned

So...why're you all so hyped about Harry Potter? I mean...they're okay, but nothing special? Why all this...excitement? >.<

15. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

^^ :rolleyes:

YaY! Tonight's the night - and the timing worked out perfect for me... I have just 100-150 pages or so left to read in book 6, I'm going to finish it and take a nap today, so I'll be well rested and totally caught-up for the release. :D Just wanted to pop back in and share my excitement... After about noon today I don't plan on even getting online again until I'm done... :)

16. dready_kolo

dready_kolo Banned

I finished re-reading book 6 a couple of days ago...my book is arriving in the post tomorrow morning! arrrgh can't wait!

17. -moonshine-memi-

-moonshine-memi- Member

i finished reading it today.
    got it yesterday.
    my suspicions were mostly correct. although rowling has put in a few extra little twists.
    ultimatly i couldnt put it down. (more out the fact that i REALLY wanted to know how it ended and i didnt really care about anything else)

damn it was like... DONT TALK TO ME I'M READING!!!!
    my parents got pissed off...
    i thought it was good and the ending was certainly a good END to it all.

what did you guys think?

18. moonshyne

My husband got all pissy about it too. It ended up pissing me off because he knows I've been waiting for a while for this book to come out.....but he's an attention whore, and all eyes/ears must be on him as he demands it.

For the most part, I thoroughly enjoyed the book. The epilogue was bland and generic though.....but maybe that was the point.

19. dready_kolo

dready_kolo Banned

I loved it, read it for 10 hours solid yesterday, the epilogue was cheesy.

20. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

Because some of us do think they are special. Haven't received my copy yet, but go ahead and talk. It won't spoil it for me. I usually read the last five pages first, then go back and start from page one. I hate suspense, I like to watch the story develop.