Harry And Meghan Get Booted Out Of The Royal Family!

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Boozercruiser, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Sexwise

Sexwise Members

The simplest way to replace the House of Lords is to make the second chamber virtual, then each leader of each council in the UK could vote on issues. This would be more democratic, more efficient, environmentally friendly and cost effective. It would also make politics less London centric. It could be called the UK Council. The UK Council could vote for its own leader. This would cause all the privileged by birthright, appointees to lose power over decisions that benefit them. At the same time you could remove ex religious leaders from politics. Religion and politics should not be mixed, especially as non religion is so prevalent in UK including me as an Atheist.

2. Sexwise

Sexwise Members

By the way why shouldn’t I as a British citizen be able to promote any form of legal political representation I choose as well as living in my own country. I am a republican and proud of it. It wasn’t the Queen who thanked me for 23 1/2 years service in the British Army, it was the Secretary of State for Defence and the Adjutant General. It’s a shame that Oliver Cromwell didn’t succeed to remove royalty permanently when we became a Republic the first time.

3. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill HipForums Supporter

1. I'm all for going Virtual - and live - perhaps there would be less sleeping and more active engagement
    2. More and more these days Local difeerences are overlooked by National and arrogant presumption
    3. That would seem more relevant - and agreeable if a body chooses its own head
    4. Region is more often the cause of oppressive direction, agitation and war, so removal of religion is understandable - although - that may remove a reminder of conscience from politics, so I think some kind of faith representation; be it advisory / to be accountable to may need consideration

4. WOLF ANGEL

As a British citizen in a Country that you live in, you have every right to state your opinion and promote that which you feel is right in governmental direction. Only by dialogue can things be discussed in a constructive and educational way.
    - I'm not sure however, why you would champion removal of the Crown after 23 1/2 years serving that which you have sworn an oath to protect? Maybe there are reasons? - and would not wish to question the reasoning of someone who has put themselves 'in harm’s way' for the sake of others. - again, it's a question of curiosity, not criticism

5. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Supporters Lifetime Supporter HipForums Supporter

I have not and will not swear an oath of allegiance to Mrs Windsor and her brood, which is one reason why I cannot put myself forward as a candidate for election.

6. WOLF ANGEL

That post was not in relation to you Vlad, but 'Sexwise' - (who stated "23 1/2 years service in the British Army", and for whom an oath is required.)
    I didn't think with your convictions that this would not something that you would appeal to you

7. WOLF ANGEL

"I... swear by Almighty God (do solemnly, and truly declare and affirm) that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Her Heirs and Successors, and that I will, as in duty bound, honestly and faithfully defend Her Majesty, Her Heirs and Successors, in Person, Crown and Dignity against all enemies, and will observe and obey all orders of Her Majesty, Her Heirs and Successors, and of the (admirals / generals/ air officers) and officers set over me. (So help me God)."

Sexwise likes this.
  8. Sexwise

Sexwise Members

Yes I took the Queens Shilling but only because that was the only mechanism available to me. I have always been a republican and despised privilege and parasites by birthright! “Power tho the people”

Vladimir Illich likes this.
  9. Vladimir Illich

Well said comrade !!!

10. WOLF ANGEL

Quite understandable. You've a right - especially having served - to stick to your convictions.

11. Sexwise

Sexwise Members

Yes I remember making this declaration. What a ridiculous thing to have to do as an Atheist and Republican.

12. Sexwise

Sexwise Members

13. WOLF ANGEL

I'd fine and warn them, and then upon three times = (whilst letting them retain their title) remove all their financial allowances.
    Whether it is an Upper Senate or House of Lords, - Accountability is all.

14. Vladimir Illich

Quicker, easier and cheaper to abolish it entirely and replace it with a directly elected second chamber.

15. WOLF ANGEL

I don't know how you work that out. ?!?!
    - You clearly do not understand the de- and re-structure of legislate bodies and lawful methodology.

wilsjane likes this.
  16. wilsjane

wilsjane Members

The queen looked as if she would have liked to slap her face in that picture.
    If the queens mother was still alive, she probably would have done it for her. She was really lovely to work with, but she had no time for arrogant jumped up fools.

WOLF ANGEL likes this.
  17. Vladimir Illich

I know as much about it as you do and it is entirely possible to abolish the house of lords in its entirety and replace it with an elected second chamber - all it requires is political will !!!

18. Vladimir Illich

Neither have I, which is why I want them all gone entirely. The French, Italians, Germans and Russians have all abolished their aristocracy, its about time we did likewise !!!

19. Scarecrow13

Scarecrow13 Members

Didn't they basically leave voluntarily, saying they didn't want to be royal and now they, who grew up in luxury are complaining about how unfairly they are being treated. Oh no, you have to live like peasant? Boo hoo on you.

WOLF ANGEL likes this.
  20. WOLF ANGEL

1. I Interesting that you make that assumption
    I didn't say it wasn't possible - but that it would not be cheaper