Harry And Meghan Get Booted Out Of The Royal Family!

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Boozercruiser, Feb 19, 2021.

1. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

2. WOLF ANGEL

Allegations and (Royal) Statement:
    I guess non-adherence to the "Never complain, Never explain" standard stance by one side
    And restraint and dignified response by the other
    If it were me - I would recommend 'Name the blamed'
    However, that's only, - IMO

3. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well said comrade !!!

4. WOLF ANGEL

For me, these are two things here that are of interesting observation, and what the couple hoped to achieve though the interview :-
    2. Peter is quite right- about knowing where and to whom help could have been obtained
    • - So now their state of MIND has been clearly disclosed - Are they, now actively seeking, pursuing resolution to this real issue?

Peter Barnett likes this.
  5. WOLF ANGEL

1, What is more important to the story?
    The fact that a Racial 'off the cuff; (according to Harry) comment made by "a member of the Royal household", OR where a clear consderation of suicide is made because of Mental Health issues?
    Race is easier to define, more understandable to categorise and stimulates opinion on the degree of balance.
    Is a position obtained because of qualification and/or suitable attributes - or Colour? - albeit that is a big subject to be discussed and can only be done by MUTUAL understanding and education.

6. WOLF ANGEL

Blaming without Naming is; I feel, a cowardly cop-out - If it is that hurtful - then one should have the courage of conviviction and because it was openly "j'accussed" should be backed up and followed through.
    Anyone can make a claim - without given the accussed a right of reply hower, questions it's validity.
    • Race, is not always about Colour
    Any person of education should know this, and realising the consequences of the ripple effect this has on others should either be prepared to stand and justify this - or not throw the stone in the, from across, the pond
    (Let they without sin ....
    upload_2021-3-10_10-41-51.jpeg

7. Peter Barnett

Peter Barnett Members

Megan's, Father January
    Ok so you are a strong supporter of Trotskyist or Stalinism rule for the UK which I am finding strange as I note you live in Brighton. Of course, Brighton is the Gay Capital of the UK almost of Europe and your following dispises Gay people which is going to cause a lot of problems. Add to that the conflict that you live in a City where a mundane terrace house without a garage will set you back £800,000 and a decent house several million, not quite living amongst your working classes, are you? That is before I point out the meal before you again which you are scoffing down and would feed a family in need. All in all, I see your views on a level playing field for all to be one big noise and fake.
    Brighton exists of course as it became the playground of the Prince Regent who spent a fortune building the Palace and having a fine old time with his ladies and young men, just as well as you could now be living in Tower Hamlets.

8. Vladimir Illich

Your stupid assumptions are beyond contempt !!!

9. WOLF ANGEL

10. WOLF ANGEL

So many short-term and faceless bureaucrats - what could possibly go wrong?
    I take it that would be President Boris (elected by the people, though out electorial system?)
    And exactly how and whom would be electing a second chamber?
    There seems to be a lot of people that advocate such a system, though are reluctant to relocate to a Country where Republicism is the governmental process.- just saying

11. Vladimir Illich

Oh the hoary old chestnut !!! - why didn't you come out with it tell us "to go and live in Russia" - too scared to say so ???

In answer I would say that since I was born here, I choose to IMPROVE the system of Government here, and make it far more democratic, and if you don't like that, TOUGH - get used to it !!!

12. WOLF ANGEL

If I felt like trlling people to go to Siberia I woukd do, however, Nobody (certainly not I) mentioned 'Russia'
    I did opined upon the fact that advocates of Republicism would be happier in Countries that adopted that Governmental process: - As I understand it, there are 90 countries in the world today which have republic governments.
    List of countries by system of government
    There is a wider choice than just ... Russia
    The choice of which one desires to reside in is myriad

13. WOLF ANGEL

Yet still no answer to the question of HOW,(?)
    this would be done ?!?
    Since you were born here, and live here, for a few years - it seems that either you have little support in your beliefs, or, are one of a (alarmingly incresing) aggitators who focis on, what is wrong - yet have no solutions and practical employment of the system that is propsed.
    Talking the talk is easier than walking a walk, and whilst anyone needs to have a degreee of respect for sticking to their convictions and conscience - that philosophy needs to be backed up with sustainable practicality.
    Maybe if it was, it could be looked at with greater consideration(?)

14. WOLF ANGEL

Who was it that said, upon the subject of the manner of a Nations way of Government ....
    ?

15. Vladimir Illich

There is a great deal to do, firstly a change to the electoral system into one of proportional representation (I personally favour the Single Transferrable Vote system) for both the House of Commons and the second chamber (for want of a better name - a Senate). There will need to be a limit on the number of Senators. Some years ago we had more than 100 MEPs with clearly defined constituencies. There is no reason why resurrecting those enlarged constituecies cannot be achieved. Then we need to look at the possibility of electing a President and which system of voting to be used if there should be multiple candidates.

16. WOLF ANGEL

That is a lot clearer Vlad.
    Structural changes need to have a clear outline in order to stimulate interest, discussion and with a more defined proposal more likelihood that it will receive consideration.
    1. I'm taking that it would be the same parties(?) or, will (similar to the Brexit/UKIP scenario) it be that a new a more specifically based is required for it to be progressed and achieved (?)
    2. In relation to a 'President', are you advocating a 'US' style campaign run contest? - if so, would that favour those with the wealthier of friends/business minded organisations and thereby those who put profits before people?

17. Vladimir Illich

Absolutely NOT !!! There would be a limit on the amount of election expenses to be allowed (as our existing election law allows) but firmed up and policed a lot better.

18. WOLF ANGEL

1. I'm all for going Virtual - and live - perhaps there would be less sleeping and more active engagement
    2. More and more these days Local difeerences are overlooked by National and arrogant presumption
    3. That would seem more relevant - and agreeable if a body chooses its own head
    4. Region is more often the cause of oppressive direction, agitation and war, so removal of religion is understandable - although - that may remove a reminder of conscience from politics, so I think some kind of faith representation; be it advisory / to be accountable to may need consideration

19. WOLF ANGEL

As a British citizen in a Country that you live in, you have every right to state your opinion and promote that which you feel is right in governmental direction. Only by dialogue can things be discussed in a constructive and educational way.
    - I'm not sure however, why you would champion removal of the Crown after 23 1/2 years serving that which you have sworn an oath to protect? Maybe there are reasons? - and would not wish to question the reasoning of someone who has put themselves 'in harm’s way' for the sake of others. - again, it's a question of curiosity, not criticism

20. Vladimir Illich

I have not and will not swear an oath of allegiance to Mrs Windsor and her brood, which is one reason why I cannot put myself forward as a candidate for election.