hare krishna

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by sleeping jiva, May 8, 2004.

1. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

this thread reminds me of leviathan - it lurks in the deep, and every now and then, re-surfaces for another round.

2. Bhaskar

Bhaskar Members

So Hari... what have you learnt so far?

3. SvgGrdnBeauty

SvgGrdnBeauty only connect

ooo...Bhaskar...that's a pretty new avatar. :)

I agree with you BBB, this thread always pops up everyonce and awhile... lol...perhaps when it wants to tell us something...lol...

4. Bhaskar

Bhaskar Members

Thank you! It is avalokiteshwara, but could so easily pass off as Krishna.... Today I went to a Thai Buddhist temple and I found a statue of the Buddha playing flute :) I guess he was expressing his past life vasanas as well :p

5. BlackBillBlake

The I Ching says 'when a stalk of grass is pulled up, it brings with it others to which it is attached'

6. SvgGrdnBeauty

::nods:: It looks like this Thai carving of Krishna I saw at the MET. :) The Buddha is a cool dude...I'll bet he played some flute. ;)

7. gdkumar

gdkumar Member

Hare Krishna !

Hare Krishna ! Hare Krishna ! Hare Krishna !

Love ! Love ! Love !

Mad lover, Kumar.

8. jailmate

jailmate Plantenist

prob played ah lot uv flute full time.

9. SvgGrdnBeauty

Hi Kumar! Nice to see you online!

:) Hare Krishna and Love indeed! :)

*peace and love*
    Nicole

10. Columbo

Columbo Senior Member

If you are telling the truth about this, then why bother telling us since you said it is not dogmatic in the sense that it leaves it up to you to find out. It seems logically inconsistent to say it leaves the thinking up to you, but then you go and tell us what to think.

11. BlackBillBlake

The fact is that ISKCON or the Hare Krishnas are extremely dogmatic.

12. umbra

umbra Member

There's really no love, only the devas and devis are having any love..the devotees are starved of love. They cant even enjoy sexual encounters in marriage LOL. hope they'll enjoy themselves in Golok, well i bet most believe they are correct but Never UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF DENIAL.

what a farce am sorry, i was a devotee for thee years , but to tell you the truth, they all are discriminative- i mean sexually , racially black devotees have the worst time and the Indians feel they own the temples but the sad truth is that ever since Nori Muster came out, and all those kids who were abused in ashrams in the name of KRISHNA i too believe they are liars, at least i was lied to, made to make garlands cajoled into acts they said were religious but were just a form of control, brainwashed by chanting mind numbing incantations, i nearly very stupidly left my family because Krishna was calling me!!! i suffered mental abuse and all sorts of stereotyping women do get in pariarchal organisations.

lies lies lies... gurus are just like anybody else they steal , lie ,cheat , are peadophiles , raketeers, i wont mention much , just ask any ex member who has been deprogrammed.

but the truth is this, there lots of good people losing their lives and refraining from enjoying this life because they have to pepare to go to Golok Vrindavan, i wonder if they'll ever make it!!! Anyway i saw lots of gullible devotees especially the caucasian ones who live like slaves -well nearly
    considering that they have donated all their monies and resources- to help spread Krishna Consciousness. Many have ended up depressed and suicidal but have nothing left to back to: well because Krishna is testing their faith.
    Check out the stats and know what am saying... the numbers are dwindling.

Believe me, the Vaishnava faith really isnt the oldest faith, ask any Chassidim which year this is...really and the relativismof Krishna being every other avatar is just to get people to make up the numbers. i bet this is an Asiatic Hindu conspiracy to rule the world.

PEACE AND LOVE

FREE YOUR MINDS

13. ChiefCowpie

ChiefCowpie hugs and bugs

umbra, gdkumar use of devotee or vaishnava is used in a non iskcon/gaudiya matha sense................

14. Jedi

Jedi Self Banned

Like he said, "vaishnavas" are seperate from what you call "ISKCON", quite frankly any sane man including I, have no love for ISKCON because all we hear are problems from that place. However, this does not mean you can take it out on the religion of vaishnavism, go fight the cults and organizations like ISKCON and leave good people and God to their own religions thank you very much.

15. BlackBillBlake

I have yet to meet a Vaishnava in the west without some connection to ISKCON. Even if it's just that they regard Prabhupada's books as authoritative.

Umbra isn't he first to become disillusioned with this organization, and won't be the last.

16. Jedi

Jedi Self Banned

Maybe there is some truth in what you say BBB, I never met an ISKCON member in India when i was there...maybe its because most of the people are in south are SriVaishnavas, and they not part of Gaudiya sampradaya... to be honest BBB, i only heard of chaitanya and ISKCON/prabhupada in USA. Maybe they are famous in Bengal or something.

17. Yakima

Yakima Member

Hare Krishna! :)

18. Columbo

Columbo Senior Member

Hare Krishna made one good song and then people forgot about him until recently. A few years ago you couldnt go anywhere without seeing loads of people with bald heads singing the Hare Krishna song and banging a tambourine while smiling inanenly and even suspiciously at people - Now the song doesnt even get airtime on the golden oldies radio show. tch! its all rap songs and guitar bands now - still I bet Krishnas worth a few $$$$$$$$$ and has a mansion in California from the royalties and good luck I say his song was almost on a par with Gimme some Truth by The great and spiritual master John Lennon

19. spook13

spook13 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hare Krishna isn't a person, it's a mantra, which means sacred chant.

Krishna isn't a human being; per Vedic (Hindu) religious tradition he's considered to be either God himself or an incarnation of God. As either of these, he would be worth more than some big bucks and a mansion in CA.

John Lennon was arguably a great musician whose music had some spiritual influences, but by Vedic definition, he wasn't a spiritual master.

20. BlackBillBlake

I can well imagine John Lennon turning in his grave at many of the things which have been said about him since his death. To think a man who wrote and sang:

'I don't believe in yoga/I don't believe in Gita'

was a spiritual master in the vedic sense is obvious nonsense.

John was more of a humanist the way I hear his songs - 'Imagine' for example begins 'imagine there's no heaven' - so clearly it isn't a religious song, but perhaps it is saying that too often, religion is simply a cause of trouble in the world. If the Islamic suicide bomber 'imagined there's no heaven', would they still be so eager to destroy their own existence?