hardest rocking grateful dead show

Discussion in 'Music' started by soulrebel51, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Bassist

Bassist Gate crasher!

now that's awesome.

2. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yeah, St. Stephen is one of my faves. Shakedown Street too. I just got a new bumper sticker for my car off of the dead's merchandise site with Shakedown St. on it... and a steal your face.

3. alice_d_millionaire

alice_d_millionaire Just Do It©

very cool... but yeah ,man, if you dont have 'live/dead'... do yourself a favor and pick it up. the whole show is high-fucking-energy!

4. goofydrummer

goofydrummer Senior Member

live dead is definitely one of my favs. "the eleven" is fucking incredible and it has the best version of "death dont have no mercy" i have ever heard. the whole albums got a really raw sound.

5. alice_d_millionaire

download 'death dont have no mercy' from the 2-22-69 show from the dream bowl show, and tell that solo isnt fucking moving man, its fuckin boss!

6. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

sure you weren't imagining it? :p i've never heard a song of their's on the radio.

7. alice_d_millionaire

actually, sometimes theyll play 'touch of grey' or 'truckin'... but ive never heard 'hell in a bucket' on the radio

8. Orsino2

Those ae the two I always hear, but there's a new station here in Virginia called the tide... 107.9 out of West Point, VA, I believe. It's not commercial and I don't think clearwater owns it... I was listening to it the other day ago on the way home from Fredericksburg and they played Statesboro Blues by the Allman Bros. and then John Prine, John Hiatt, and Bill Monroe, ahah. It's great.

lmfao... I said clearwater... I meant clear channel. I kept thinking about FL earlier.

9. alice_d_millionaire

sounds like it is... maybe with a thousand foot antenna i can get it in BFE tennessee :p

10. scents&subtlesou

scents&subtlesou Member

ha! man its funny when people are so ignoratnly mistaken....but anyway some great shows 5-8-77 Cornell University it is amazing!

11. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

2-15-1973: Dane County Coliseum, madison WI. i love dark star and the transition from DS to eyes of the world..wow, great version of playin in the band too. my three favorite jams. who cares about sound quailty, its the least of my concerns, as long as you can hear it, its beautiful.

12. Orsino2

Ironically, I'm listening to that...

Minglewood Blues, Loser, El Paso, They Love Each Other, Jack Straw, Deal, Lazy Lightning-> Supplication, Brown Eyed Women, Mama Tried, Row Jimmy, Dancin' In The Streets Scarlet Begonias-> Fire On The Mountain, Estimated Prophet, Saint Stephen-> Not Fade Away-> Saint Stephen-> Morning Dew, E: One More Saturday Night

13. goofydrummer

goofydrummer Senior Member

love dat show, the loose lucy is quite superb, a neat one more sat night and a radical BE Woman. dont forget the biodtl either

14. prankster1590

prankster1590 Member

The alst time they dosed the public with the Kool Aid(Yes. It was not only an Acid Test thing but also a Grateful Dead thing) was at new years 1971/72 @ the Winterland(I think. I can be wrong).

But great shows were the first European tour(1972). Get those. Especially the ones from England and Holland and Germany. And the shows from the Matrix in the sixties. Garcia jammed alot in the Matrix. And the shows in the Fillmore West in 1968 are great.

15. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

thanks a whole lot everybody. :)

16. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Two shows stand out in my mind. I don't know if either was recorded, but the first was in I believe '72 when we got a permit after a long struggle to allow them to put on a free show in Golden Gate Park at Speedway Meadows with The Jefferson Airplane. The second was at the Polo Field in GG park on the occasion of the memorial for Bill Graham ......

17. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

18. alice_d_millionaire

19. Jack_Straw2208

Jack_Straw2208 Senior Member

maybe it was a mixed cd...

20. alice_d_millionaire