Hardcore Henry

Discussion in 'New Movies' started by Shale, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Shale

Shale ~

Hardcore Henry
    Movie Blurb by Shale
    April 8, 2016

OK, I saw the trailer to this movie and it looked like an interesting sci-fi action movie. The trailer showed this beautiful tech Estelle (Haley Bennett) attaching the cybernetic arm and leg on Henry, from Henry's viewpoint.

Estelle Attaches Henry's Arm
    [​IMG]

This first-person visual viewpoint of Henry is how the whole movie is shot and at my theater today there was a warning sign on the box office window that ppl might get nauseated.

AMC Aventura Florida
    [​IMG]

Ya know I am too old to have gotten into computer video games in my youth, but i have seen them running in arcades and in ads and they appeared pretty much like in this movie with your protagonist character facing the world and all you see are his arms and weapons.

First Person Viewpoint
    [​IMG]

No sooner than Estelle attaches all of Henry's loose parts and gets him up, explaining that he was in a bad accident and will have memory loss, that a bunch of mercenaries, led by telekinetic Akan (Danila Kozlovsky) come into the lab, killing other techs, threatening Estelle and trying to capture Henry.

Estelle and Henry escape this bad scene but land in another where they are separated but Henry is helped by Jimmy (Sharlto Copley).

Jimmy Rescues Henry
    [​IMG]

But that is just the beginning as this hour and a half very violent video game progresses thru Moscow, with blood splattering from any number of weapons, firearms, blades, broken bottles and heads exploding. This movie may not be right for everyone, but I actually got into the ride and enjoyed it. I'm guessing it is for young men. Oh, and by ride, this first person view puts the audience into it, from riding motorcycles while shooting trucks and ppl to running parkour chases, leaping thru abandoned buildings.

The movie is a Russian/American project that takes place in Russia with mostly English spoken and a few scenes in Russian with English subtitles.

It got mixed reviews from the critics, with the aggregate at Rotten Tomatoes giving it a 55% Fresh and 70% of audiences liked it. In Russia it was even more favorably viewed and Russian aggregator Kritikanstvo rated 8 out of10 on average and it received no negative reviews.

2. Shale

Shale ~

Special Features

You will notice in the movie that Estelle is quite familiar and affectionate with Henry as she is putting him together. In this long shot, we know the answer to one question - Henry still got his junk.

[​IMG]

Also, for those curious about how they got the First Person viewpoint thruout this movie, here is the Camera Rig.

[​IMG]

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Theres a horror movie this year called Pandemic, shot in the same way. Gets really annoying really quickly, well probably get a string of these first person POV movies for a while

Im not going to bother with any of them. Annoying and does make me queazy in some spotd

4. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, After Cloverfield, Apollo 18, Zombie Diaries, Paranormal Activity, and a few others enough with the POV’s

Hotwater

5. OgDiva_Status

OgDiva_Status Banned

This movie was weird to me. But it was ok.