Hard time making friends

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by mrs_eads80, May 18, 2004.

1. mrs_eads80

mrs_eads80 Member

Well a little backround... lived in FL all of my life till 2 years ago. Then I moved to Mid-West (yeah 8( ) and since I have been here I have had a hard time making friends. I can't find anyone like me. Well let me refraze that, I can't really find anyone compatable with me. I have a tendency to scare women off. I am.... well I guess you would say that I am a little flirttasus (sp) with my girl friends. I can't really help it, it just happens. This was never a problem in FL. Never had problems with making frineds. I really miss the close bond I had with my old friends in FL. I still talk to them and see them a couple of times a year, but I need someone here. To hang out with, to call, etc.

Any advice, any sugetions, Should I work on changeing my "Fliting" behavior? Don't think I am to crazy about changing me though, but I am getting kind of lonely. Only my hubby and his ex-wife to talk to. (yeah we get along, but not comfortable with her being a close friend)

2. thetaintedfae

thetaintedfae Member

Wow. My friends have usually been big flirts with me as well and I with them. It's just friends stuff but I've noticed it can make strangers watching uncomfertable. Maybe you could try working on it? Or maybe just takes some getting used to with some people?

3. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

Do they think you're coming on to them? Or what? All the girls that I used to work with were very flirtatious with each other. We were all very close and friendly. I don't see what the big deal is (on their end, not yours). Maybe you are meeting the wrong type of people. They sound insecure and weird. Don't change who you are!

4. mrs_eads80

mrs_eads80 Member

I dont' think I am comming on to them. I just think I haven't met "my kind of people yet" I live in a small rual town in farm contry.

5. dotadave

dotadave Member

I believe I have the same problem. Most other guys tend to annoy me and I hate having to conform to a hyper-masculine archtype.