happy

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by bongsolo69, Oct 18, 2010.

1. bongsolo69

bongsolo69 Member

So I just got a job today working at mcdonalds LOL. It's my first job and im kinda excited about working to make money to move out and stuff. They say they do random drug tests like just random pick couple names out of the database. I'm wondering if there bullshiting cuz they say they test for alcohol and you have 48 hours to get tested which is pointless cuz alcohol would be out of system already. But like I wanna smoke lol just dont wanna get caught about my private life wit my job but idk if it would be smart.

2. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

err actually it wouldn't be out of the system. You wouldn't be effected by the alcohol but it would be detectable.

3. Freedom_Man

Freedom_Man Senior Member

i doubht they just pick randomly out of a data base. They probably look for signs of people being high and pick them out of the bunch.

it's fuckin mcdonalds dude... lol. would they really care too much about someone smoking weed when they get off?

4. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

it's Mc Donalds, if you come back negative for drugs they slip crack into your milkshake. They worry you might realize your human rights, or something.

5. itsallgood

itsallgood Senior Member

yeah dude, i dont know what to say. I doubt the people behind ronald mcdonald joke around with drugs. lol

6. Vapemaster

Vapemaster Captain of a sinking ship

Definitely not
    [​IMG]

7. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

I agree, I'm sure they look for people that looks suspicious or something, don't give them a reason to point the finger at you and want a drug test

8. jimmyjoe1

jimmyjoe1 toker Lifetime Supporter

Good luck in your first job, hope all goes good for you..

9. Popularity

Popularity Senior Member

don't eat the food!

10. chadcr01

chadcr01 Senior Member

thats good buddy

dont stress over potential drug tests... when i was in highschool several people i hang out with worked at mcdonalds or burgerking at one point... and highschool was pretty much a four year perma-high. nobodys gonna drug test you there.. however, if you go in with bloodshot and squinty eyes, acting slow and goofy and making silly mistakes, you will get drug test no doubt.

but you've got the right idea.. its like you said, just keep your personal life separate from your work enviroment, at least until you've been there for a while and got a feel for how things work, and what co-workers are cool and what co-workers are not so cool...

personally, i go to work stoned most of the time. my work is quite easy, i do mostly stock at a drug/grocery store, but usually one or two days a week i work up front on the cash register. being high doesnt seem to effect me negatively at work... i consider myself to be very friendly and personable, and have no problems striking up a conversation with strangers and weed certainly doesnt change that. however, ive been smoking regularly for like 7-8 years now, so my tolerance is pretty high... also i RARELY ever get super stoned beforehand- no blunts, bongs, or vapes before work. that way i dont get really burned out a couple hours into my shift.

also, you said you're excited to be making money to move out... just a bit of advice-whether you want it or not :p ... if you dont have a car: this is what i did when i was your age... as soon as i turned 16 i got a job that was in walking distance from my grandparents house (whom i lived with).. i walked to work every day and i saved about 150$ from my paycheck every two weeks ( i got paid bi-weekly and i only got like 40 hours every 2 weeks). once i saved a little bit over 1500$, my grandpa and I would grab an Auto-Trader and drive around and look for cars. i paid like 1,200$ for my first car, but also put like 400-500$ in it right off the bat just to get it running (not including registration/inspection). if you dont already have a car, start putting away some money from every paycheck.

trust me, if you dont splurge your money, within 6 months or so, you will have enough for a decent used car.. dont forget to put away money for insurance. being young and a new driver, it will be a bit more expensive than most peoples insurance, but id say if you put ~ 50-60$ a month toward insurance you should just about cover it.

anyways once you've got a relatively solid and reliable vehicle... just KEEP SAVING! if you dont already have a bank account-open one. one of my only regrets from highschool was not saving more money. if you are smart with your money, by the time you graduate highschool you will have a small but decent financial cushion where you can afford your first months rent/security deposit and bills (assuming you find AT LEAST one other roomate- otherwise it will be next to impossible with minimum wage, part time job). if you just keep saving, you will likely be able to manage living on your own in a couple years... being smart with your money is absolutely crucial man. if you dont give yourself at least SOME sort of financial cushion... one single event (i.e. car accident) can bankrupt you completely and put you back on square one.

what the fuck...i cant believe i just wrote all this.. meh, hopefully you take some of my advice anyways. i definitely hear where you are coming from and ive been there myself, so im just trying to share some insight so you can accomplish some of these goals within a couple years when you graduate.

so basically to paraphrase this long and jumbled post, ill say this : SAVE YOUR MONEY WISELY! some hard work and smart financial decisions now, will help you become fully indepent in a few years. good luck and safe travels man :)

11. bongsolo69

bongsolo69 Member

lol thanks for all the advice guys it helps but why do they drug test people at jobs according to the government us potsmokers sit around collecting welfare all day jeez