Happy (VW) campers overheat

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by marisco, Jun 6, 2004.

1. marisco

marisco Member

2. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

Awesome paint job on that bus. I have a 72 VW Camper. VW people rule [​IMG]

3. busboy5447

busboy5447 Member

vw people do rock, I have a 71 bus. awesome cars

4. Dakota's Mom

Dakota's Mom Senior Member

I have a little 5 inch model of a VW bus. Does that count? I've always wanted one.

Kathi

5. marisco

marisco Member

I`ve never owned one myself, mores the pity, although I haven`t given up hope. However, there are other ways to live the dream:

http://www.campers2go.co.uk/

6. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

You bet that counts :rolleyes:

7. submariner

submariner Member

I can say from personal exp that the vw craze is more of a cult thing than an aspect of being practical, Ive had in the past a wonderful air cooled and also a newer water cooled bus but past the v dub name and a bit of good gas mil. thier a pain in the ass......parts can not be found everywhere, esp with the water cooled ones....I was getting a outstanding 21 mpg with my watercooled but it was a dog in anything other than flatland driving.....now if you drive a 200 dollar pos bus more power to ya, the boneyards are full of parts rigs but mine were nice but the upkeep was unreal if your a serious traveler as I am.

No I have a 30 year old one ton campervan that could pull a tank and yes the 10 mpg sucks ass but the trade off is great, endless power and when I do need parts thier everywhere....this is just my thoughts so dont be offended.....

8. Apple Annie

Apple Annie Member

We've had two and loved them, except for one small thing---NO HEAT in a Midwest winter with small children is a world-class drag. There's the time we got blown off the road in western Nebraska in a whiteout blizzard---that sled got us back on the road and to the next town where the snow drifted over the TOP of it (while we were toasty warm in a motel)---great car! I did get to the point where I said no more cars with no heat, but I'd love to have a van that I could fix up like our old one---we camped in it and it was a blast!

9. the barefoot chef

the barefoot chef Member

...there's pictures of my van & me on my site at

http://www.thebarefootchef.co.uk

the VW scene is alive & well in the UK, come down to Santa Pod 23rd - 25th of this month, chill with the other 25,000 folk & see me cook pigs ears on the start-line...

10. hippietoad

hippietoad Member

Yeah...well Joe's VW had to tow the Toadmobile in. They are putting in a tranny and clutch. Ughhhhhhhhhh........man, would it be nice to be rich right now. So many dreams for the vw. One day....one day :p

11. marisco

marisco Member