Happy Mother's Day!

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Earthy Mama, May 8, 2004.

1. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

Happy mother's day! what are you doing today? did the kiddies do anything sweet/cute for you?

peace,
    eryn

2. LadyComet

LadyComet Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

My little 8 year old daughter made me "love you mom" cards and lots of cute things like that. These are the things I have to look at and really cherish because they won't last forever and these are the times that she really loves her mom!!

3. blackeyedcrow

blackeyedcrow Member

4. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

Happy Mother's Day! My five yr old gave me a card that she got with her grandma. It was so cute. She decorated the envelope with hearts and smilies but didn't sign the card. i told her she needed to write her name in it so I would know who it was from. She said, "But I'm giving it to you! Duh, it's from me!":p

5. Butterflygal

Butterflygal Member

My son made me a card, a vase with a rose and baby breaths in it and a flower to pin to my shirt. He made it at school where they had a tea party there.

6. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Mothers day was a month or so ago in England, back then my brother and I made our mother a card and got her breakfast in bed.

I did send her an E card in honour of the American mothers day. It was a really sweet card from the PETA site about how gratful I was she suppourts my vegetarianism. :)

TTFN

Sage

7. elizabeth89

elizabeth89 Member

hi everyone, it's been a long time since i've been here. i made a small change to my username it used to be elizabeth85. well i've had a good mothers day so far, we decided to take our baby girl to the park (she's 7m3w) but when we got there she fell asleep, so instead we took a walk.

Happy Mother's Day to Everyone!!

8. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

i got a nap :) yay for mother's day...

9. Changeyourlatitude

Changeyourlatitude Banned

Happy Mothers Day ladies!

Mothers Day sucks in Puerto Rico! I had to take the wife for dinner on Friday because it is just too commercial on Mothers Day.

Here not only your mother or wife is recognized on this day. Everyone you know who has had a baby expects a gift. At the office and in the family too, a spring Christmas for women with kids.

Good day to stay at home because they will come along with the proof, 2 or 3 kids in tow bearing gifts. I have a house full of kids now along with my own so I’m locked in here to vent this holiday experience.

Happy Mothers Day…

Changeyourlatitude formerly known as Changeyourlatitude

10. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

Mother's Day kinda pisses me off, these days. It's become too commercialized. Family members are guilted into buying presents for their mother/wife/whatever. "If you don't buy her jewelry, it means you don't love her!" I know my dh loves me and that he appreciates all that I do as a mother. I just like to be able to sleep in and not clean!! Yea for not cleaning!!

11. Mari

Mari Member

Happy Mother's Day :)

This morning I got to sleep in and have a late breakfast in bed. For gifts and cards we tend to say with the home made kind. I like them better, I would rather have something my kids made than something they bought. :)

12. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

Happy Mother's day :D

13. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

I am glad you all had good days.

My Mother's Day sucked. As usual we HAD to have our own mothers over. And, as usual, I cleaned and cooked. My dh claims he "cooks" but all he really does is put some meat on the grill and then sits down and drinks. I then made a half a dozen side dishes and dessert. Of course my own mother, true to form, had some illness while she was here, so was also useless. I HATE MOTHER"S DAY!!!! (FTR, my MIL (who can be very sweet) suggested that she and I run away to a spa for 3 days.....I was really tempted.)

I had to ask him to get some breakfast, and he came home with......two blueberry muffins and four doughnut holes.....for six people!!!!! His excuse was "We are going to have so much food later." Yeah, EIGHT hours later. One teenager went to work, and the other one hid and refused to help out. The two little ones were wonderful, my four year old "washed" the floor with a damp paper towel, while I cleaned the bathroom. At least a few of them appreciate me.

When my dh's fucking parents come over, NOTHING else is important.

I am still pissed off.

I charged more than $60.00 on books at Amazon today, and I will not do a fucking thing around this house today. THIS is my Mother's Day, I guess.

Sorry if I brought anybody down. I am SOOOOOO pissed off.

14. Mari

Mari Member

Maggie take your MIL up on her offer! I think it's a great idea. I can sure sympathize with you and don't blame you for being pissed off. I've had my share of those days. You think everyone is going to help out and you'll get it all done in record time, then it all falls apart, nobody want's to do anything and you are left with it all, and it's supposed to be YOUR day! Suuurre...;)

Next year I would love to get away for Mother's Day, but then I feel guilty, because the little ones look forward to the morning...I try to sleep, but I hear all the little whispers...lol

Father's Day is coming up...slap a muffin on a plate for hubby and tell him have a great day! ;) (Yeah...if we could only bring ourselves to actually do that! lol)