Happy Memorial Day

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Voyage, May 27, 2013.

1. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

No, you're a moron that can't deal with reality.

2. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

This is possibly the best example of the pot calling the kettle black that I have ever had the pleasure of witnessing.

You don't have to agree with the wars they were in to value the sacrifice made by the soldiers who fought them. The majority of these people probably thought, at least when they signed up, that they were defending their country, and that should be enough for you to take a few minutes on one day of the year to stop and think about that.

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

^^^ That!

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

Sing up to defend the Constitution. Not Corporations..

Patriotism Means: Ending U.S. Dependence on Foreign Oil..

5. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

If he's an asshole for some reason, nevermind. If you called him an asshole for that statement, then, that makes two of us. :)
    Surely that was just a poke Nox, eh?

Necessary?

If everybody believed that in their hearts, good ole George Jr. wouldn't have had anyone to send to Iraq now, would he? :bomb:

6. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Exactly.
    I personally am against most wars and certainly all the recent ones but I do not hold individuals responsible for the people who brought them into bad wars.

7. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

I don't think rj is an ass at all times, but that remark was fucking disrespectful and insensitive to the vets who frequent this site.
    I have known more than a few vets who have had major issues with things they were required to do, beginning with my grandfather, WWI, up to current friends who just recently returned home and all conflicts in between.
    I personally never served, but I learned long ago, if you ain't walked in the boots, shut your fucking mouth!:mad:
    His comment was made in the same ignorant and immature manner as the idiots who called returning Vietnam vets baby killers.
    Sorry, I have little patience or tolerance for crap like that regardless of whatever ideals or ideology rj or any other person making remarks like that think they are supporting.

There is a time for respect, plain and simple.

8. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

Gotcha.
    I'm glad I asked and, got it.
    :2thumbsup:

9. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

I'm an honorably discharged veteran (70-73). 55,000 in the Nam war, some of which were my friends died for nothing more than the profits of the industrial military contractors. Chicken Hawks can stick their "respect" where the sun don't shine.