happy me...or not?

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by Patch, May 16, 2004.

1. Patch

Patch Member

so i have been crushing on this girl forever...and just lately it has evolved into a mutual flirting and who knows what...and this makes me so happy...but i am so afraid that i am reading too much into this...which i am always afraid of...i mean...lately she has just been so cute with me...and she says stuff like "i totally have a crush on you" but the way she says it is so unreadable...i don't think she means it...and she begged me to go the BAGLY (Boston Association? of Gay and Lesbian Youth) prom with her and her group (i couldn't because i was on school probabtion=i stopped doing homework so my parents grounded me). and so tonight she asked for my phone number so that she could tell me all about the crazy lesbian drama that went down at the BAGLY prom that i did not go to...
    i have no idea what is going on...and now that i think of it...i should not get too into this...because with all of the 30million girls after her...i kind of doubt she is as into me as i think...
    does it look slightly hopeful?

this post just got sad.

2. Defence_mechanism

Defence_mechanism Member

dude maybe just wait it out for a bit... continue being friends/flirt buddies (lol) with her and see how things develop. ask for her phone number also and call her every now and then... go out on the weekends...

or maybe... get pissed and tell her how you feel. if things go well then thumbs up;) if things dont go well, you can always blame it on the alcohol. lol

i dunno... goodluck tho. keep us posted!

3. butterfly

butterfly Member

but the downside of that is you might humiliate yourself beyond repair due to the alcohol....always seems to happen to me! :(

4. psyche

psyche fun for the whole family

whenever i feel strongly for someone and don't know how to tell them i say it in a letter. that way i can get all my feelings out in an orderly and non-assertive way. it's not the best road for many but i think with my shyness it's better than not saying anything at all. if you decide to write a letter it's good to mention that if she doesn't feel the same way you do you'd still like to be friends, and won't turn into some creepy stalker or anything. i don't know, i'm not the best at these matters, but i always like to leave the ball in the other person's court... just feel the situation out, think it over and do what you feel is best.

good luck!

5. Patch

Patch Member

thanks guys...the messages are still really mixed...i don't think i'm going to do anything about it now other than oogle and squeel to my friends when she walks by...wow...i'm so obnoxious...but anyways...i am such a rejection-a-phobe...i couldn't possibly act because the negative is just so damn negative...although the positive could be equally as serious if not better...i'm not going to take any chances...every day is different with her...some days she is all over me...others she is just blah...i dunno...i have no game...so i'm just going to let her come to me...if she wants.

6. monosphere

monosphere Holly's Hubby

As a shy person myself, I can somewhat appreciate the letter suggestion. I don't know how many times I have fumbled for the right words when I'm face to face with an individual. Sometimes I'm not at my best in person, which is why I probably spend so much time here. So the letter isn't a bad idea. But if the shoe was on the other foot and it was me receiving the letter, I don't know how I would perceive that. I guess it's less threatening that being told to my face, especially if I'm not interested. On the other hand, if I was interested, I might perceive that letter as somewhat impersonal. It's a tough call for me.

Who am I kidding? I haven't had a date in many moons. I'll say yes to just about anyone at this point.

7. rocknroll_girl

rocknroll_girl Member

I agree that letters are excellent for these types of situations.

8. Patch

Patch Member

are you sick of hearnig this stuff yet...well in case you aren't...

you know the thing where you have an eyelash on your face and you take it off and make a wish...well...the girl today saw one on my face and removed it in the most gentle way possible...and touched my face (weee!)...and then i made a wish...then she asked me to lick the dirt off her neck...maybe my wish is coming true...haha...weird.
    so it made me melt...it was so cute...

9. monosphere

monosphere Holly's Hubby

Did you lick the dirt off her neck?

10. Patch

Patch Member

believe you me i wanted to...but i figured she was kidding...although she could have just as easily been serious...SHE IS SO DAMN UNREADABLE!!!...i instead made a undeniably sexual licking motion at her...and we giggled...and then took the field...because it was in the middle of a softball game...so i dunno if lesbian hardcore would have been appreciated...then again...it is softball.

11. Patch

Patch Member

and another detail about this whole thing...she has a girl who she is hooking up with...this other girl is cheating on her boyfriend with "my girl"...also...the other girl is my ex's ex...and "my girl" met another girl at the BAGLY prom who is alegedly very hot and athletic and interested...and the feeling is mutual...what a tangled web of lesbian drama we weave.
    a.k.a....i have no chance...i might as well take a number...get in line...roll over and die. (that last one came from the angsty teenager inside of me...)

12. monosphere

monosphere Holly's Hubby

Damn!!!:eek: Thank you for reminding me why I'm glad I'm no longer in school. I forgot how completely and utterly weird it got there with the frequent soap operas going on. I'm sorry you have to deal with that sort of drama. Trust me, it get's a little better outside of school... a little better.

13. Patch

Patch Member

hm...slightly reassuring...i'm not a very melodramatic person...although i'm sure i seem that way on a lot of my posts...i try to stay away from the drama that is teenage life...but unfortunately it always finds me...

i called her...but se didn't answer because she was at a play...instead she text messaged me and we had a little text conversation...the next day i told her that i accidentally called her when i was trying to call my dad...she said she liked talking to me...it made her feel like she had friends...which was a joke...anywho...it was nice...yes.

14. Disarray

Disarray Member

I hate it when that happens; becoming oblivious to the obvious. I spoiled one chance before. Remember this, girls DO NOT joke about things they don't mean. For instance, when they say "blah blah blah, I could just kiss you..." that means they want to kiss you, or even thinking about it. If it goes wrong, the could play it off in a joking manner because girls can get away with that stuff.

One time, I was going to classes with this girl, she was really hot. She asked me if it's difficult to kiss with my liprings in, I hesitated, then just replied with no. I was actually thinking "would you like to find out?", and now I wish I had gone with it. But yeah, now I'm wondering how things turned out with you.