Happy Labor Day

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by bfgal, Sep 5, 2022.

1. bfgal

bfgal Member

Happy Labor Day to everyone.

This hasn’t been the best week for me going barefoot.
    1. At a local restaurant I frequent a lot for lunch. I was wearing slip on sandals. When seated at a booth I slipped them off. I had a new waitress from 20 feet away say “ excuse me I don’t mean to be rude but you can’t take off your shoes in here” a little embarrassing so won’t be going back.
    2. At the dealership getting my car serviced, the receptionist asked me to please wear shoes next time I visited. At least she was discreet.
    3. Wasn’t allowed in a movie theater because I was barefoot. Again the ticket agent was discreet, but I frequently go to this theatre and her and other ticket agents are working shoeless.

I think covid has changed some views on bare feet.

2. Barefoot Rick

Barefoot Rick I love my dirty bare feet

I hope everybody has a great barefoot Labor Day . I hope your day gets better bfgal

Barefoot Land-Surfer likes this.
  3. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

Funny how everyone leaves you alone when you are wearing a half inch rubber flip flops. Just as much foot showing than when you are barefoot.

Nudegardner and Barefoot Rick like this.
  4. bfgaacnd

bfgaacnd Member

bfgal - I'm sorry and disappointed at the reactions to your going barefoot this week.

On a more positive note, I was able to enjoy a barefoot (and shirtless) Labor Day. I hope others were able to stay bare as well.

5. New England barefooter

New England barefooter Members

Well BFGal it was a bad barefoot day but remember the thousands and thousands of time you went barefoot without any problems

6. mmicmann

mmicmann Member

I am usually barefoot at my automobile service center; I keep expecting to be told to wear shoes for "safety," but never have been.

7. One Man Band

One Man Band Member

There was a mechanic on several episodes of Monster Garage that was always barefoot. He was careful but never had any problems during demolition or fabrication.