Happy Hippie House Party. “Make New Real Friends.”

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Scorpio Kenny, Jun 3, 2012.

1. ChinaCatSunflower67

ChinaCatSunflower67 Member

Well the big ones that I would have liked to seen in concert are such as, Grateful Dead, Quintessence, Captain Beefheart, Zappa, Zeppelin, and Syd Barrett, and the great Ravi Shankar (he's still alive but, dont think il get to see him in my life time.)
    All these bands are way before my time unfortunatly.

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I had a Zeppelin ticket once, when I was 15; I didn't get to go to the concert because a teacher caught me smoking in the bathroom at school. That was my punishment. Sucks. Never made it to Zep or any of the others you mentioned.

3. Scorpio Kenny

Scorpio Kenny Church of the Good Earth - ArchBishop

What a tragic story. A 15-year-old girl with a Led Zeppelin ticket and already to get all dressed up and go. Then nothing. What a horror. Aerianne, I feel so sad for you. That's awful.

Come to think of it, I have a story kind of like that when I was 18, regarding the Who. But It involved not getting a phone call back from a headquarters type of place, to tell us that we were all set, and it was a go, and we had two free passes at the Will Call Window, with back stage passes and dressing room passes. So, we didn't go.

They (the headquarters ) called us back the next afternoon to ask how we enjoyed the show. And we hadn't gone there.

Coffee. Just woke up.

Oh! Of course I had seen them once before, at that time. That would be a difference. And I have seen them since then. So it's not at all the same.

4. Aerianne

Those are just too sad to speak of anymore, Kenny. So... what's good, Man?

5. Scorpio Kenny

Yes but we've also had our high times and our Loves. Life is Good.

Mind if I ask, where ever did you find that button? "Child of the 60s"

6. Scorpio Kenny

It's funny, ChinaCatSunflower67, that you are talking groups and live shows. I just got done earlier posting my list of groups that I've seen. It's in:
    Hip Forums > Hip Communities > Hippies > Flashbacks > Who Have You Seen Live?

http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=352988&page=5

I've been around.
    My middle name is "PARTY" and I love to dance.

(More Coffee)

7. ChinaCatSunflower67

Wow, Country Joe & The Fish, Big Brother & The Holding Company, Zeppelin, and Canned Heat! I wish, many good bands youve seen. Ever see a strange band named HP Lovecraft?

Also how was Quicksilver Messenger Service, I love those guys!

8. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

"Once in a while you get shown the light
    In the strangest of places if you look at it right".

Lotsa light in this virtual drum circle* *

justPassingByat 4:30AM:juggle:
    jj

9. Hi peeps,just in, been down to the beach. The water is fucking freezing but what the hell. Invigorating is the word I might be looking for. Stood on a fucking broken nut shell coming up through the park. Did none of you peeps hear me f'ing and blinding? Let's just say I was not discreet. Foot looks alright though. I'll show you later when I've had a wash! You been talking about bands in my absence? I have seen thousands over the years - a couple of favs - Captain Beefheart, the Prodigy and David bowie in his Ziggy phase! Hey, by the way cunts ,just because I keep different hours from the rest of you doesn't mean I have to miss out on everything. Who ate the last muffin? I hid that to eat this morning! ;)

10. Aerianne

Kenny, I found the button at bigcheesebadges.com

I've just arisen...Coffee, Cigarette, Tylenol...Let's do this day!

11. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

12. Aerianne

Oh...No...that shower did not wake me up...all I want is to crawl back in bed...someone please push me out the door. I have grandkids to sit with.

13. Aerianne

Ooops...not dressed yet. Wait until I dress then shove me out the door.

14. Aerianne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=audxGqo5AkQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=audxGqo5AkQ

15. babyjay

babyjay Senior Member

:) today ill be learning to spin fire a little bit more :)))

16. Thanks Aerianne - on 2 fronts
    1 That will be the "can't get it out of my head" song for today
    2 I got a little reminder that my family are coming to visit in August, which is cool by the way,the only problem is, there is a cross over period where everyone will be here together (4 adults, 4 children).
    Anyway, c'mon girl,up and at em! ;)

17. Stillcrazy

Stillcrazy Member

I'm late but I'm here now! I got waylaid looking after a little old lady with alzheimers, but she's ok for a bit now, so here we are. These are my three dogs, all rescue greyhounds. They are friendly, but please don't let them tell you they are starving. They aren't!!! We are moving into the room on the second floor with the bay window. Any of you are welcome to come in at any time, but beware..... I make clothing, curtains, flags, banners and stuff, and I am always dropping pins on the floor and losing them. It's an occupational hazard. So if you come in, I really suggest that you wear shoes.

18. Oh, shit, I'll have to dig out that old pair of flipflops that are hiding somewhere. Could have done with them this morning. My friend has a rescued greyhound by the way and she's a lazy old bugger ( the dog that is)! ;)

19. ChinaCatSunflower67

Mornin' everyone, well its morning for me anyway. Got the little neice for the day, just listenin to some tunes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLpFMDmBo9s"]Machine Gun (Live at the Fillmore East) - Jimi Hendrix and the Band of Gypsys - YouTube
    il chat with you all later when im not so busy entertaining the little one.

20. ChinaCatSunflower67

You did not see Beefheart! So luckky, I was so saddened when I heard of his passing. Beefheart and Zappa are like my families hero's haha. well the one side of the family anyway (the wierd ones). What was his show like, you have to tell me about it!