Happy Father's Day!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Heat, Jun 15, 2013.

1. acuarela

acuarela Member

^^LOL, maybe he was.

I certainly hope he was not saying aww at the results of an app for an imaginary baby with celebrities or himself, that's just weird.

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i am happy never to have caused another human to have been born.
    i am happy for the opportunities i have had that one could have resulted from, though as far as in know none ever did, and i certainly hope none ever did.

3. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Squished_Mouse

4. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

The rest of us thank you, resoundingly.
    But I, too, tend to frame my personal failures in that context of a grandiose philosophical refrain. Go see my post in the thread "Are you smart enough to get published?" in which I said "I am smart enough not to get published, hows that grab ya?" for an example.

5. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Happy Father's Day, a day late.
    I made cake for the dads in my life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0Yb9tba8Uo"]Creepshow - Where's My Father's Day Cake?!!!! (edit) - YouTube

6. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

Just wanted to say, for being a bunch of hippy's, we're all a bunch of negative debbie downers, don't you think? I'm not just talking about posts in this thread, I'm talking about all throughout the forums. I'm probably going to get attacked for this post or maybe just ignored. Well, I think there will certainly be the people that point out they're not a hippy. Whatever. I consider myself a hippy and I consider this website to be catered to hippy's.

Op just wanted to wish a happy fathers day and people had to point out how they havn't reproduced and maybe I read it wrong (this is the internet after all) but it came off as pretentious. A thread trying to celebrate parenthood sort of started bashing people for having kids. Just felt like saying something. I wanted to point out that everyone seems so negative and I'm not totally excluding myself from that. I was just being funny in this particular thread though.

Maybe sometimes I wish people would stay on topic. I think a whole separate thread dedicated to a discussion on why some people decide to not have children might be interesting but to just mention your views in a father's day thread, just seems..pretentious and comes off as negative.

I often find it difficult to articulate what I'm trying to say...
    Have kids if you want to and don't have kids if you don't want to. Be kind to each other.

7. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

There are hippies here? Quick, get a shoe!

8. RainyDayHype

I don't have to wear shoes if I don't want to!!
    :p

9. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

If a thread like this was posted at Parenthood (I am pretty sure a subforum like that exists here) then it would get the standard "Happy Father's Day!" reply. This, however, is Random Thoughts.

10. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

lol your posts are cracking me up today.:sunny:

11. RainyDayHype

yeah, I know...
    so I also said my random thought which is just that everyone seems so negative (and rude)...
    or I guess maybe it's just the mentality of being on the net and behind a computer screen

12. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

The Dad's and those men who nurture those kids would know the intent of my post and deserve a thank you for all they do. Sometimes a father figure is not given enough credit.

The rest, well that goes with posting. :)

Thank you for your thoughtfulness, it is appreciated.