Happy Earth Day

Discussion in 'Living on the Earth' started by Deleted member 157313, Apr 22, 2020.

1. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

This must be the cleanest Earth Day ever. Pity it's due to a pandemic.

etherea and mysticblu21 like this.
  2. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

To you, too!
    Haaah-ppy Earth day to day everyone.
    Especially you, Earth.

etherea and mysticblu21 like this.
  3. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I might wait until tomorrow to shower, save a bit of footprint!

Almathea likes this.
  4. I'm going to work on moms garden.

5. Washing's over rated Trudgin :grinning:

6. As is wearing underwear when no-one is going to know anyway. It all saves on water and power!

7. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

As Is Wearing "Anything".... :p ...(season permitting)........ :D

Cheers Glen.

8. Absolutely Glen. Unfortunately I'm living in Scotland right now and we're still in duffle coat and scarf (and that's just indoors :wink:)

9. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Absolutely right on both accounts!
    Sending a big virtual hug your way, etherea!
    Oooh, you smell amazing by the way, and no, you don't need a wash now. Thank you for smelling like you and not some contrived product.
    Can you believe what they say about people's water usage? "on average, each person uses about 80-100 gallons of water per day, for indoor home uses." That's mind-blowing. Personally I average about a gallon a day, maybe two. Add a little more to include outdoor use. But I'm going a couple months on what they say the average person uses in a day!! How ridiculously wasteful!!

And the underwear thing - how did people in society ever get sucked into that silliness? I was a little shy not to be found out when I first ditched it but over the years I evolved to not care if people could notice to actually dressing so it's obvious to anyone who cares to look. My concern is comfort and convenience, not following some established useless tradition.

Blessings to you in Scotland, and enjoy!

Driftrue likes this.
  10. Thank you!
    We don't use a lot of water. We even share bath water. It's just a shame that I always seem to get second go!

11. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

You could set up to take turns. Or dirtiest goes last.

I've found baths to be water hungry. I usually take quick showers with the plug hole shut so I can see my water usage (and soak my feet a bit). Usually three to five gallons per, depending on what I've been up to, about an inch and a half at the deep end. In other times I'd use a pitcher and that's pretty skimpy.