1. longhaircountryboy

longhaircountryboy Banned

I just bought "straight to hell".this album kicks fuckin ass.good pickin,good old timey sound,cool lyrics.makes me really thirsty for some reason tho lol.anyone else into tri-cephus?

2. Jim Colyer

Jim Colyer Member

Hank 3 is still searching for himself.

3. longhaircountryboy

If he's still searching for himself,it sure doesn't show in his live performance.Shelton is the most down to earth mofo you could ever meet,& everything about him is all for the love of his music.granted the show is kind of a culture shock,going from hardcore metal into old school country,but I can guarantee I'll see him again anytime I get the chance,& I'll continue to buy any album he puts on the market

4. Biggen

Biggen Banned

Hank 3 is some good shit...folks just need to put aside their pre-conceived notions. Not many people compare to Hank Sr.

Hank 3 is 100 times better than 99.9% of the "music" called country these days.

5. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

Hank III gives me a reason to listen to something country.. all that other country shit sucks... why can't all country music be like this.. i might actually care for it then

6. WalkaWalka

WalkaWalka Member

Crazed Country Rebel and his cover of Cocaine Blues make me happy.

7. tolerant countryboy

tolerant countryboy Member

I personally am a recovering alcoholic and drug addict. Hank 3 has some good vocal qualities and what he talks about in crazed country rebel I can relate but I wouldn't go out and do any of the stuff at least not these days. his voice reminds me of somewhat out of the 70's. I like the kind of country about how hard it is to find a girl, songs about graditude, songs about the lord and so on. but I can see the up's and downs in every band or song I hear.

8. longhaircountryboy

just went to see him for the 2nd time about a month back in sauget Il..I'm gettin too damn old for the pit.I was hurtin for days lol.Great show tho.lotsa pabst blue ribbon & a damn good time.even got my pic with Joe Buck(the bass player) autographed this time..rock on!!

9. Scot

Scot Member

Saw him this past November in DC...Hank is IMHO one of the most exciting guys to come into music in the past couple of years for a LONG time. I am an old school thrash guy and as I posted in the metal section...I rate STH as THE metal album of the year. Damn Right, Rebel Proud is supposed to be released on the 1st. of January....can't wait! I can't stand country music but Hanks brand is my kind of country.

10. Scot

Scot Member

Still awaiting the new album eagerly...first Dec 18th...then Jan 1st...now...???????

Does anybody have any info as to what the holdup is or if a new date has been scheduled? I'm guessing Curb wants it sold in Wal-Marts etc. and Hank doesn't want to alter his music (and he shouldn't!)....what a bunch of BS.

Seems to me Nashville/Curb doesn't like a rogue or something but if gangsta' is selling..well..of course that's an entirely different story.

11. cajunboyman

cajunboyman Banned

Yep, it really is good. Went to see him a few months ago. A hell of a performer. Reminds me of the other Hank Williams in that manner. He will be big.

12. Fawkes

Fawkes Member

I mean to say GODDAMN!!!!! I recently escaped Miami (It's a shithole, don't believe what you see on TV where everyone is beautiful and all the houses are huge. That is about 5% of the total population. Don't ever go to South Florida, especially Miami.) So living down there my country music exposure was limited to 99.9 WKIS FM. What a load of shite. (I dunno why I never thought of coming in here for advice, I've been hanging around the forums for over a year now.) You know Lonestar, I think it was Lonestar, did a cover of an NSYNC song, I think it was NSYNC. Don't have my details strait, but that's cause I lost all respect for Lonestar (or whoever) when I heard that song and I never had respect for NSYNC (or whoever.) Anyways, this all has a point. And I mean to say GODDAMN!!!!! This right here, Hank 3 and Old Crow Medicine Show are exactly the reasons why RADIO SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! I recently broke my 20 GB mp3 player, and I can't be bothered with CDs, so I have been listening to the radio in my car. ARRGGHHHHHH!!!!!!! I should have enough money when I get paid friday to get a new mp3 player. Ahhhhh!!!!! Money does make the world go roound, don't it. Those beautiful green C-notes.

So, what else have you guys got, similar to O.C.M.S. and Hank 3. I'm going to put their names into Pandora.com and see what else comes out. Though, pandora sometimes doesn't know what to do with groups that aren't mainstream, like OCMS and Hank 3. I put in Gill Landry and got back some wierd shit back.

Peace, Love and good booze.

13. hellbilly72

hellbilly72 Member

HankIII is a hillbilly god !!!

I hail from Morgan Co. TN ,us tenness boys no "true" .III is as true as they come! his music is a gift to us all.

IF YOU DONT LIKE HANK III, YOU CAN **** MY *** !!!!

14. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

^^this is why people make fun of hicks.

15. biscuits&yarn

biscuits&yarn Member

[/QUOTE]So, what else have you guys got, similar to O.C.M.S. and Hank 3. I'm going to put their names into Pandora.com and see what else comes out. Though, pandora sometimes doesn't know what to do with groups that aren't mainstream, like OCMS and Hank 3. I put in Gill Landry and got back some wierd shit back.

Peace, Love and good booze.[/QUOTE]
    Hmmmm...I hope this works...I tried quoting someone for the first time. :)

Hank 3 took me a little while to get used to...but now I'm hooked. I've never had the opportunity to see him live, but I hear he gives a great show.

As far as other music I love that kind of fits into this category. I'm blessed with a spectacular local music scene here in Minnesota. I have a few to pop into pandora. Trampled by Turtles are great, Charlie Parr is awesome and I know they both are listed with pandora now. Also, I haven't checked for awhile, but Pert Near Sandstone, White Iron Band, Simonette and Young, Town Hall Stompers, Two Many Banjo's...all good, but I'm not sure if they are with pandora. But all of them have a myspace page. You can find them there. :)
    Hope this helps.

16. Bre

Bre Member

i'm sure that hank jr. is a bit disappointed in his son for not following the exact route hank sr. and jr. took. but hank 3 is still really good.