Hair

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by shock74, Jan 7, 2005.

1. greenpeople

greenpeople Member

+ i just read you´re 22! --> no comment on that.......

2. WynterFrost

WynterFrost Short Bus Rider

fuck em do it anyway! lol

3. WynterFrost

umm thats how many posts he has LOL

4. LittleRedOne

LittleRedOne Member

oO your parents want to control your HAIR? sorry but thats kinda control freakish.. no offence! My parents don't care how I have my hair, infact my mum bought be black, dark red, red and violet wash in wash out dye for crimbo *grins* its soo cool. But It's incredibly annoying because my mum won't let me get my nose pierced, my ears pierced again (they'r only pierced once in each ear I want them done twice more so I have three holes in each), my belly button pierced OR a tattoo... ever! whichis totally annoying. my dad's fine with whatever I want to do, hes just like: hey its your life! Heh thank gods for fathers who used to be hippies. Yeah so he's cool but my mum's a control freak... I told her that when I wanted to go into school after coming home "ill" and she wouldnt let me.. So I'm kinda grounded for two months. yeah. Ahem. Anyway. Hair? Do what ya want, be yourself, say you'll only cut your hair if your parents get buzz cuts.

5. WynterFrost

i got my belly button done when i was 11 ....my dad took me it was great then when i went to school they made me take it out! fuckers....

6. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

what do your parents not like about long hair? what associations do they have (use these questions) with long-haired males?

once you know their objections, you can soothe their concerns a bit.
    My son has to be reminded to wash his, so while I support the idea of him doing what he wants with his hair, I do ask that it be clean. He also has to bring home top performance grades. After that if he wants his hair pink, I don't care. (I can't stand pink)
    perhaps find a "style" so your folks will have a picture of what you want.

I know communicating with parents can feel like the great divide, but that is a culturally-sold notion designed to break family cohesion to alter consumer habits.
    We are supposed to meld our identities, but it should have SOME root in who we were for the first years of our lives. Were we not authentic selves at seven? thirteen? Twenty? whatever?

7. Amanda's Shadow

Amanda's Shadow Flower Child

Well, how long until you go to college? And if you are in college already, how do they have control over you? Keep your hair long!!!!! I hope more people agree with this. Short hair is so over!

My pet peeve is people straightening/curling their hair. (Unless its for a party or something) But everyday? Why? Natural, baby I don't even brush my hair most days! (Of course I was it though. But NOTm everyday. Whats with that?) I don't know.

I really don't know howto convince your parents, but...wiat...What if you rell them that you want to increase your knowlege of histoty and work at a REnnaisance Fair and that is why you are growing your hair out. hahaha. Maybe that will work. Anyway, AVOID SCISSORS AT ALL COSTS!!!!

Gimme head with HAIR. Long beautiful HAIR. Shining Gleaming Steaming Flaxen Waxen! Give me down to there HAIT. Shoulder- length or longer. Here babt. There mama. Everywhere daddy daddy HAIR!!!!

8. blindhobosam

blindhobosam The Legend

just dont let them cut it. simple enough. stay in your room and refuse to come out until your demands are met.

9. snelio37

snelio37 Member

^^^ nice. bathroom? what if your parents don't care? what if they'd be just as happy with you in your room protesting as out of your room?

10. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Who cares anymore. :p Whoa...

11. Spacer

Spacer 'Enlighten yourself'

I don't get this, how can your parents make you cut your hair?!?! Just tell them in the nicest possible way to go fuck themselves, it's your hair and your not cutting it.

12. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Or run around in the nude.