Hair Styles

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by SlydeHippie, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Sus

Sus Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I got kinda tired of my farily long hair a couple of weeks ago (my hair gets thick and bushy), so I cut it up to my shoulders. It feels really bouncy now and good, definitely a nice change. It'll get long again soon enough...

2. nynysuts

nynysuts No Gods, No Masters

Mine's a brown short bob parted at the side. My hair reaches the bottom of my earlobes at the front, but it's kinda chopped up the back. I love it, but I want my long hair back!!!!

3. stumik

stumik Member

i actually just took these pictures today in an unrelated attempt to document me having a beard(a new experiment of mine own), but i think it will work for this as well. i pretty much just wash it everyday(if i dont it looks really greasy) and part it when i get out of the shower, sticking the longer side behind my ear and waiting for it to dry. the "style" is actually just months of growth since it was last styled. its about time to get it trimmed but im not sure what i wanna do with it. for now, it stays.[​IMG][​IMG]

4. longhairchief

longhairchief Member

Less you think about it the better…
    It is only natural to let it grow in peace….
    [​IMG]

5. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

and buns, and use hair sticks, and french rolls and log rolls, and twists, and rope braids, and ....

my hair is at "classic" length (where leg becomes butt) and since I have a bit of old damage from former dreads, I'm self-trimming it and letting the ends thicken up and fill in for a few months before going ack to ignoring it.
    I keep it up in public (as in working or on the bus/train) and let it down at shows (yay smoking bans: no burns in my hair) and with my sweetie.
    So my "style" is "up" and the look is "long, and longer."
    no mass market products: I use shampoo bars from Chagrin Valley Craft and Nature's Gate conditioner. Looking for a bar condish that works well.
    Some apple cider vinegar 1x a week and a homemade super moisture treatment every couple of weeks.

I have some 'airing powder' curing for the greasies at the roots when the rest of the hair is fine and does not need a wash.

6. Box Of Rain

Box Of Rain Member

my hair has a natural wave to it and i sometimes just hop out of the shower and let it dry...
    that usually happens though and a dread always seems to try and form in the front because i never brush my hair.
    hahah
    so it gets a bit messy but its managable.

7. katyismename

katyismename Member

my hair is blonde, long and wavy with a bit of a side fringe.

8. LauraMay

LauraMay Rainbow Humper

Mine is kinda wavy, and thick.. The longest I've grown my hair in all my life lol. It's a little bit shorter than mid-back length when it's natural, but when I straighten it (which I'm doing less and less now. I like it tied up when it's straight but it takes way too long to straighten) it's longer.
    Hairdresser says it's 'strawberry blonde'. Never been coloured.
    Got a fringe, in need for a cutting at the moment. Friday, yay :)
    I wash it about 1.5 times a week usually, 3 times every 2 weeks.
    I wouldn't recommend washing it more than every 2 days with 'normal' shampoo or it might get more greasy than it should.

I hate washing my hair it takes a loooooong time to dry :( I don't use a hair-dryer.

A full description of my hair haha :)

9. elenaz

elenaz Member

My hairs straight but I wish my hair was wavy. But then u always want what u dont have

10. Kari

Kari Member

Brown, spiral curls, but if I don't wash my hair it gets really cool and wavy ha ha yeah I'm low maintenance...

11. CyraEm

CyraEm Member

kudos
    dude, my friend Collin has dreads, but his stink to high heavens. so, asking the expert, how does one avoid that?

12. Box Of Rain

Box Of Rain Member

well you are supposed to wash dreads if you dont want them to look greasy and nappy.

use dread shampoo or soap. it really does work well.

13. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

i have young (ten months old) dreadlocks and longish side parted bangs that are always curly little riglets. i just wash my dreads with a nice bar soap or dr bronners and thats about all.

14. purple gypsy

purple gypsy Banned

My hair is short and golden blonde. I wash it every 2-3 days. I miss my ass length hair that I had when I was younger. I told my husband today that I was growing it out, that I didn't want to cut it anymore. I haven't cut it in months. He loves my short hair. He begged me to keep it short. I told him I would. It's wierd that he would like my hair short when he had long hair when we met, ten years ago, and only cut it off a year ago. I want my hair long again SO BAD. But I also want my hubby to think I'm sexy, ya know. So I've decide to keep it above my shoulders. I really wish he didn't like it short so much. Anyways. Here's a photo. My hair is platnum blonde in the photo, but it's my current haircut.[​IMG]

15. Ms.Oh!

Ms.Oh! Senior Member

i wash my hair every other day, and i really never style it. i just part it down the middle, part it and go. i think theres only a couple people who have seen me with my hair back.

16. arlia

arlia Members

I have skinny long natural dreads, the ones at the front are shorter. the ones at the back come right down to my hips.
    I dont do much with them, just deep clean them once a month, and wash them with natural soap once a week.

17. purple gypsy

purple gypsy Banned

My husband told me he gave me his blessings to grow my hair out long again, it used to be past my butt when I was younger. I'm so happy!!!!! I haven't cut it in almost 6 months I think.

18. Sgt.Peppermint

Sgt.Peppermint Member

right now i have betty bangs that i cut myself, and i think they look really cute but they're growing out.

19. callalily

callalily Member

i have long, thick dark blond hair that goes down to the middle of my back. i wash it every other night and almost ALWAYS have in braids. i brush it just to tame it back so it's not it my face, but sometimes i attack it so it's all nice and smooth and pretty.

i'm growing it out until the summer, then chopping it up to my collar bones.
    calla.

20. SlydeHippie

SlydeHippie Banned

Why not just chop it now since you're eventually going to cut it anyways?