Hair Metal

Discussion in 'The 80s' started by MaximusXXX, Aug 3, 2006.

1. MokshaMedicine

MokshaMedicine Banned

Weird....Weird as shit .....That I would find some old hair metal fans at this weird hippy site.

I too ... (although not in the 80s) ...was a BIG fan of hair metal...

YEP!

I saw

Cinderella
    Poison
    Bon Jovi
    Motley Crue
    Def Leppard

I was a full blown Crue head. Boy did I enjoy my early teen hood being a metal head! Then..I started smoking weed and doing psychedelics. Needless to say things have changed. But I will always have fond memories.

But here's the catch ... there's still quite a few bands from that era that I liked so much and still do. Although I started to think that many of the hair metal bands lacked talent. And ofcourse if it weren't for it I would have never gotten into heavier metal of the modern day that are a few of my favs. Like Bodom or Mastadon.

Here are a few of my still favorites...

Van Halen - which I began to dig more and more when I started doing drugs. Haha.
    Tesla
    Skid Row
    Steve Vai
    Lynch Mob
    some Dokken

I'm very surprised to find other old hair metal fans. It truely brings a smile to my face.

2. MokshaMedicine

MokshaMedicine Banned

Wow those are some really deep glam bands.

I'm completely blown away to find some hippies who are still digging hair metal! I would have never imagined.

3. polexiayay

polexiayay Member

hair metal is so bad it's very amuseing

4. MatchboxAwakening

MatchboxAwakening Member

it is at thew same time the best and worst kind of rock music. it sucks because it whores out the original principals of rock, with largely meaningless lyrics and was just trying to get on the radio. it rocked because it sounded badass, cool image and the rockstars of the 80s were the most stylish ever

5. zillagod

zillagod Member

I am a 70's rocker but did like a few of the 80's hair bands, including Dokken, Ratt, Twisted Sister(some great videos), Guns and Roses, Quiet Riot, etc

6. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Heres some 80s hard rock......

This stream is MONO and it sounds OK for what it is (Digital and not analogue :()

Level is HIGH so make sure to have your volume a little lower!!

Code:
    http://hardrockin80s.com/80-56k.pls

7. SantaCruzRob

SantaCruzRob Senior Member

L.A. Guns! Traci & Phil back together again, great records in the past few years