hacky sack: a stoner sport

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by porkstock41, May 11, 2004.

1. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i was wondering how many of you guys hack.

when you do, do you just hack, or do you play "killer" (where you try to get people out)? if you play killer, what are the rules you play by? i've noticed people play by different rules.

what do you consider a hack?

i would rather just hack myself. it's more friendly that way, you are working as a team rather than competing against each other.

i consider a full hack to be when everyone hits it and it gets back to the person that hit in first.

2. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

i wouldnt call it a stoner sport.

3. ericf

ericf Member

I suck at hacky sack but sometimes when stoned it just feels right.

The group I hack with are very relaxed. No one gets out... no pegging for screwing up. We really don't worry about actually completing a hack. We just kick it back and forth, laugh, and talk. I have seen the real competative groups and can't imagine it being very fun. But to each their own.

4. porkstock41

why not?

5. Cosmo4

Cosmo4 Member

Well I've never tried..but I think I will.... I'm gonna go look for a hacky sack! [​IMG]

6. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

actually the only kids at my school who play hackey sack don't smoke

ive tried it a couple times, but i suck so its not much fun for me...

7. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

I've been known to hack. I learned pretty well one summer and you never really lose it too much once you have gotten decent at it. I would call hacky sack more of a hippy sport than a stoner sport though, and everyone knows ultimate frisbee is the hippy sport.

8. porkstock41

everyone sucks when they first start. you gotta play to get good. but like treephied said, once you get good, you don't really lose it.

way better than ultimate frisbee in my opinion.

9. bobfirechief

bobfirechief Member

Hackey Sack is the best stoner sport because all you have to do is kick your feet . We usually play 3 slap hack . After the hack is kicked 3 or more times then you spike it at someone . When you get 3 slaps then your out of the game . We use to play this all the time but then the hack got lost and no one will buy one .

10. porkstock41

yeah, that's what we call killer. exept people play it different. i've played it where it's like three kicks total, and then you slap it at someone with your hand. i've also played it when it's three kicks total and then you kick it at someone. i would rather just hack than play either one of those though.

once, a friend and i were really stoned and we made up "hack golf." kinda like frisbee golf. i think we had to kick it two or three times and then kick it at something. we would count how many kicks it took us to hit the thing.

i remember someone said they liked frisbee golf. wait...no...it was ultimate frisbee. nevermind, not too similar.

11. dj_reegz

dj_reegz Member

At the school I went to it was a sport shared (the only one most of them bothered with) by the Stoners and the smokers. We just played for fun, with the occational hack thrown at your head if you fuck up really bad.

12. stonerman420

stonerman420 Member

there is acually a sport that came from hacky sack called footbag. it's still sorta an underground sport to many but it's alot more interesting than hacky sack. my friend plays it and hes pretty good. i'm just starting to get into it and i like it. just thought i'd say that :) .

13. DiffKettleOfFish

DiffKettleOfFish Kickin' it

Holy crap, I suck at hacky sack so bad. But then again, I'm not exactly, shall we say, coordinated.

My bf and all my guy friends are into it. I don't know too many hackin' girls.

14. MexicanFlowerChild

MexicanFlowerChild Member

In our skool...we play 5 pegg...when we hit to 5 we hit somebody...i dont think is a stoner sport because it isnt that trippy...and atleast i feel too lazy when im stone to play...

15. porkstock41

somebody on the old forums said something about this. how do you play? how is it different than hacky sack?

16. Patch

Patch Member

i hack (elimination usually...because so many people join in) and play frisbee...what a pothead.

17. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

I have trouble hacking sober. Pot would make it imposible. Id go to serve and fall over

18. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

that sounds about right how i play it.

i wouldnt call it a stoner sport, because well, that implies everyone who plays is a stoner,or only stoners can play, and thats not true.

19. PITPAT

PITPAT Member

i would call it a stoner sport because stoners like to play it. :)

i used to see it all the time out here, but not so much anymore. i was never coordinated enough to do it.

20. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

i know a lot of stoners that dont like to play it.