guys with a gentle soul

Discussion in 'True Love' started by Lady of the Freaks, May 26, 2007.

1. Lady of the Freaks

Lady of the Freaks Senior Member

holy shit! where did all that come from? seems to me there's an awful lot of stereotyping going on in that post.

let me just say this: i do not need my beliefs or desires to be validated. i feel the way that i feel. period. i posted in order to have a discussion with people who can relate to what i said. apparently, you cannot.

btw - so cool that you insulted the type of man i described by labeling them 'boy toy', 'life preserver' and 'slave'. way to go...perpetuate those stereotypes!

2. mike1reynolds

mike1reynolds Member

Sounds like you need a strong man that can support you, not a passive yes man.

A pathetic jealous bitchy half-man is not the opposite of a “gentle” spirit in the context that you have put forward. Your notion of “gentle” is just as weak and unempowered as the kind of man you rile against here.

Since you are anything but gentle yourself (rrrrrRRRRRRrrrrRRRRR hssssssss!!) I think you are barking up completely the wrong tree. You are just looking for a week man that you control, not anything like a meaningful match for yourself.

It sounds to me like you have had so many problems in love because you are looking precise in the opposite of the right direction for you. You need a strong man that is not in the least intimidated by you, and will laugh with glee at your shocking acts of feminine power and dominance over mere mortal men. Does a goddess act meek and submissive to mortal men and does a god feel threatened by the way his goddess’ tramples over mortal men who try to stand in her way? No a god laughs with delight to see that his lady, whom he can control so well, makes short work of mortal men who try to control her with their pathetic egos.

3. WoodRat

WoodRat Banned

What I think is brought to light here, is the drive behind human interactions in a struggle underneath the paranoid eye of "candid" camera. The idea of such a camera, shows us how arrogant we can become, as we have no other line of species to technically challenge us, it would appear propper for there to ensue a battle of the sexes.

This again, I would enure all, is a follied represntation brought on by lack of discipline over impulse.

Lady, I beg you not be too, offended, that was just a reply
    from one who had alot to say with adrive to say it, in relation to the post.

I'd then encourage you not to take off in utter and blinding aggression. If you stay true to what makes you steady, you should do alright.

4. mike1reynolds

mike1reynolds Member

Since you don't have a meaningful counter argument, then you give my assertions the facile label of stereotype. Of course, calling something a stereotype is to say that it is a facile label, but that is in fact all that you are doing with the term. It is your very use of the word stereotype that is stereotypical and extremely short on any deeper meaning.

As I said, you don’t want to hear anyone else’s opinion, you are too insecure for that. You just want to hear from people whose thoughts are a mirror image of your own. Thus, you are incapable of defending your ideas with anything more meaningful that short quips. I go into my thoughts about what it really means for a man to be gentle and modest at great length, and you just can’t handle it because they are so profoundly different from your own thoughts on the matter.

It is not as though I am not talking about gentleness in a man, but I am simply talking about it in a way that goes much deeper than your facile stereotypes of a passive slave. You refuse to defend your ideas because you are not capable of defending them. You don’t have any real thoughts behind your assertions, just blind emotional desires and angry reactions to the hurts that you have suffered in the past.

Psychologists are guilty of stereotyping? They are trying to save lives, and in order to do so they have to distill things down to their principle meaning. Creating a succinct and insightful archetype of the human psyche is not a “stereotype”, unless you think that Tarot cards are stereotypes in the exclusively derogatory sense that you use the word.

Did you actually read my post, or just breeze through it in a thoughtless and angry manner? You ask for examples of gentleness and receptivity in a man, and when I give them to you, you are incapable of the feminine-counter point. Supposedly women are suppose to be at least a little bit better at gentleness and receptivity than men. It is hypocrisy to ask from a man something that you are incapable of giving yourself.

If you want to wear the pants in the family, then just stay single and forget about men.

5. mike1reynolds

mike1reynolds Member

What made your post offensive was the crude and base objectification of women, as if they were nothing but sex objects to be rubbed up against, not people to be talked too.

This post is much more civilized, but you have strewn your post with obfuscating big words (one not a word at all) in order to sound more genteel and civilized, without really having anything at all to say. You have to actually have something worth saying in order to sound erudite. This sounds more like a con job, attempting to look like you have somerthing to say after having been such a gross
    troglodyte.

6. Lady of the Freaks

interesting that you feel i am not a gentle person. i guess this is because i'm speaking my mind plainly. in my life i am extremely gentle with people by comparison with those around me. i'm this way by choice, because i feel that gentleness is a type of strength. resisting the urge to pop off at people, even when it might feel good to do so, because it's the smart thing to do in the long run definitely takes strength. i never described the type of guy i'm talking about on this thread as weak. you did that. no, i'm not looking for weakness. i'm talking about the kind of man who has the strength to be who he is rather than caving to social judgement. i have no desire to trample anyone. i only do that if they won't get out of my way.

7. Lady of the Freaks

since you asked nicely... :)

8. mike1reynolds

mike1reynolds Member

Short facile quips with no real insight or meaningful dialog is not being a straight shooter, it is a form of egotistical manipulation. To be a plain speaker you have to have something honest to say, without the use of manipulative ploys. You can’t engage in a dialog on the matter, even for the purposes of disagreeing, because your manipulative strategy does not lend itself to an honest dialog.

Perhaps you have chosen your company poorly?

Then why are you so incapable of demonstrating it, and instead only have terse, shrewish drive-by insults and egotistical chest beating self-claims about how you are something that you have been completely unable to demonstrate in your posts?

A strength that I have seen no evidence of in you.

That is because you are not only not honest with us, you are not honest with yourself.

You obviously fear masculine strength. If not, then provide some kind of examples of masculine strength that you respect? So far all you have done is sneer at any reference to masculine strength, and claim that passive slavishness is somehow a form of strength in men.

That makes no sense what-so-ever. Does Asmodean feel afraid to show his passivity and instead pretend to be more aggressive than he really is? What is this non-existent phenomenon that you refer to, can you sight even a single example, beyond the lowest gangster and red-necked elements of society? The phenomenon you refer to exists only in the lowest class of society. Are these the kind of men that you associate with?

In the middle and upper classes it is precisely the opposite of what you describe, it is aggressiveness in men that is dealt with so harshly, and passiveness that is overwhelmingly encouraged. Thus, our society comes down like a ton of bricks on any sign of physical abusiveness in men, and yet has almost nothing to say about the equally animalistic and harmful emotional abusiveness in women that runs so rampant in our society.

LOL ROTF!!! *Choke* *cough* *gasp*….

As I was saying!!! :D

9. Lady of the Freaks

and pray tell, why do you have so many problems in love? and yeah, i'm not interested in a guy who wants to control me or believes he can control me.

10. mike1reynolds

mike1reynolds Member

Who said anything about control?

As I said before, and am repeating for the 4th time here, I think that in a healthy emotionally functional relationship a woman should get her way 90% of the time. As I asked you before, if the man can't have the right of way at least 10% of the time, then why not just stick to male prostitutes and life sized blow up dolls, or maybe just a good vibrator?

Since I have repeated this so many times before, and yet you still dishonestly distort the dialog to something so blatantly obviously completely contrary to my point of view, I leave this monologue of yours to you. Obviously you have no desire for a dialog and will do nothing but distort the point of view of anyone that does not completely agree with you. Oh how gentle your willful and perpetual dishonest manipulations are! Good luck in finding a man that you could ever have any respect for that will put up with such a thing. As for myself, there is a very bold, but obviously smitten, pretty little 17 year old blond round the corner that I must bring some flowers too.

Fair well.

11. Lady of the Freaks

do you ever go back and read what you write?

good luck with the 17 year-old, but i advise you not to talk too much cuz she probably has enough sense even at her age not to buy this line of yours. if she does, i sure don't envy her.

farewell to you.

12. Riggs

Riggs Banned

As long as I don't have to wear a dress.. I'm cool with it. I did let my old gf do my nails. LOL Well, she was taking a class in it, and I was her first one
    to practice on. Wanted to do my hair next..no way, baby !

13. WoodRat

WoodRat Banned

Thanx for the tip, these are called typoes, and they happen.
    If I might make the observation that you yourself seem to be too quick to overlook the fact that context at all that happens, is actaully a reality to consider in its' own weight and measure.
    And as for the stab of 'attempting to look civilized".
    Well guess what buddy, I rose myself from the ground up without a roof over my head, because I wanted to do so for myself. Reasons? They are my own, and I'll decide whether or not to share them with you.
    And the fact I'm even considering explaining myself to you is out of respect for this sight.
    Just because you tend to be a mechanic, where I tend to be an artist, I'll also decide how I choose to communicate ideas, and which I'll also do the job of acruing the feedback I get from those who decide to make use of it.

And since I was voicing on part for Ladys' sake, Perhaps you can ask her if she was able to make use of, or understand the base of my latter post.

...Still sound like nothing?

14. Lady of the Freaks

actually, i did find your post difficult to understand. but if you want to take another stab at it, i'll certainly make the effort to understand it...as long as it's respectful.

15. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

This reynolds guy seems awfully full of himself.Too much thinking--probably not much acting.A dichotomy of personality is best for both women and men.Gentle ,funny,considerate,loving,hopefully intelligent,loyal ,but when one of these people walks into a room or anywhere else,you know they're not to be fucked with.

16. Lady of the Freaks

one thing i can tell you about the guys who wear dresses...they do so because they want to.

17. Lady of the Freaks

exactly...and i don't think traits such as these are 'feminine' or 'masculine'...but maybe that's just me.

18. Riggs

Riggs Banned

I know. I let my baby paint my nails too. If someone says anything about that..I can also wax on and wax off too. Get it? LOL

19. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Really? I can't help but think these men are a minority group, at least where I live. No doubt they are around though, I even might know some guys who wouldn't be happy with such a girl indeed, and they might handle things like you described, but in a subconscious way, I think.

20. Lady of the Freaks

not sure...does that mean you're smooth as a baby's behind? :H