Guys, Is It Possible Between Us?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by xaxa111, Aug 29, 2017.

1. xaxa111

xaxa111 Members

So we met while we were travelling.
    we are back home now and have been texting everyday.

However, we live in different countries. I don't know where this is leading.
    Sometimes I try not to reply to his texts and he would double text me.
    He sent me heart emoji just once or twice before. Sometimes we share pictures.

Recently, he started learning my language. He said he was going to learn it when we were travelling together but I thought he said it on the spur of the moment and didn't actually think that he would do it. He told me he is learning it because it is interesting.

Anyway, he is a bit shy and we merely hangout as friends. We did not discuss about dating or anything.
    He did mention that he wants to visit me when we parted. But I guess it is unrealistic for me to pin hopes on seeing him again?
    Do u think he likes me or is just doing it because it is fun/interesting/new.

2. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Texting you daily, sending you heart emojis (I guess this is the 21st century version of flowers and a card?), learning a whole new freaking language for you??

This dude's so into you, it's a little creepy.

3. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

It could be simple flirting.

How long were you traveling together?

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

No one here can tell you with certainty of course but yeah, at first instance it sounds like he's into you :)

5. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Texting can make it hard to tell if someone is really into you vs an illusion that they're into you. Texting just makes it easy to flirt, etc. I think time will tell. It seems like he likes you but I'd just keep communicating. Personally, I think LDR's are too hard to keep up, but maybe just enjoy the friendship for now. :)

6. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

A "Brief Encounter" can leave an Eternal memory - Sometimes that is all which is needed

7. His Eden

His Eden Queen of Mean

Do you talk on the phone? Skype? Talk about future plans, of any kind?

If all you do is text, I wouldn't plan on a happily ever after just yet. Give it some time, and if things don't progress to actually talking on the phone, Skype, making plans to spend time together etc. consider asking him "Where do you see this going?" I've known a lot of people who text just to text. It's a good way to kill time, and nothing more.

1 person likes this.
  8. JoeyM51

JoeyM51 Currently locked in chastity for the last 4 years.

80% of LDR never make it and you have additional problem areas that those who are from the same culture have. My girlfriend cheated on me when I was away for a year. She never told me but I had a friend keeping an eye on her.

So it is possible, just not probable. I advise people to not waste part of their life in a non physical relationship. You will lack the emotional bonding that occurs from intimacy. You will both only see what your want him/her to see. She may be a horror to live with and not so good when you are around her all the time. Heck, you do not even know if she has sex with other guys when she gets horny and not telling you. That is what my ex girlfriend did.

If you like spitting against the wind, go for it but do not be surprised when it hits you in the face.