guy gets $ 63,000 for $1 investment

Discussion in 'People' started by JJ DIAMOND, Aug 18, 2005.

1. JJ DIAMOND

JJ DIAMOND Member

I was watching the local news, this guy stopped at a yard sale and bought a old fishing lure for a dollar, it was from the 1800's never been used and in the original package, he then finds out that it may be worth something, so he puts in on e-bay and some rich dude payed $ 63.000 bucks for it, I was like holy moly I COULDN'T believe that someone would pay so much for something that little, so every time I go to a yard sale now I look for old fishing gear but I problebly wont get that lucky but then again ya never know. Keep your eyes peeled folks and happy hunting at those yard sales.

2. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

Bet the guy that sold it at the garage sale is kicking himself

3. JJ DIAMOND

JJ DIAMOND Member

You got that right one right dude, but it was an old grama that sold it I know if it was me Id do more than kick myself ha haha.

4. xdaisy71x

xdaisy71x Member

Wow now you don't hear something like that every day lol.

5. SLammon420

SLammon420 Senior Member

alot of people will pay for this brand of lure called MACK'S because the owner died and theys hut down and they're outta production but i don't think they're worth a huge amount like that. my next door neighbor just told me about this.

6. random_spontaneosity

random_spontaneosity Member

nice, i cant ever imagine me picking up anything thats worth anything!!

7. localhippy

localhippy Senior Member

but ya know, theres a lot of filthy high rollers in this country and they have nothing better to do but spend money on anything they see

8. JJ DIAMOND

JJ DIAMOND Member

money
    you got that right man I can think of alot better ways to spend that kind of loot.