Guncrazy USA

Discussion in 'Protest' started by White Scorpion, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woodsman

woodsman Senior Member

Well stated.

As a popular bumper sticker says: "Guns cause crime the way flies cause garbage."

2. flmkpr

flmkpr Senior Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ i like that!

3. pushit

pushit One jive Motha Fucka

Take away guns, people will get illegal guns... Or just get bows and arrows and shoot each other with those.

4. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

michael

*I'll just be happy when the anti-gun people will admit that there's no link between legal gun ownership and crime (except that it usually goes down in areas where it's high).
    (Citations needed)

*And balbus, I answered a categorical list of your questions several pages back. What's the one you want me to answer now? Which country has "the worst societal problems, the US or Australia"?
    I don’t think you did, please quote or link to it please?

*The U.S. has much worse crime, but I don't see how that matters. Even before the gun ban in Australia, it had much less crime. When in one half of Australia guns were given out freely with a total lack of licensing and in the other half of the country, MACHINE GUNS were perfectly legal there was STILL less crime in the U.S. RIDDLE ME THAT.
    So you’re saying the Australians are less violent and more law abiding than Americans.
    So again, which country seems to have the greater societal problems and why?

As increasingly more and more people are pointing out, your arguments fail to get to the point of this thread, and that point is: GUNS AND THEIR EFFECTS ON SOCIETY. An issue which you seem to be skirting around like crazy.
    No this thread is entitled ‘USAguncrazy’ and to quote from past posts -
    “But this is why I think the US is gun crazy many Americans don’t seem to give much time or effort in thinking about ways to improve their society but even propose rather mild regulation on guns and many turn up running around like Chicken Little claiming the sky’s would fall in”
    “As to the thread its about the US being gun crazy and as I’ve pointed out, the craziness to me is that many Americans seem to think little about their society’s problems while believing guns can deal with them.

THAT is all you have to say in response to an issue that both Finnaz, who is on the same side of the fence as you, and myself have discussed at pages' length? You can't say anything about it because it flies in the face of your ideologies.

So lets get this straight you’re not going to answer my questions but you’re going to demand I answer any question you choose no matter from where or who it is addressed to?

Do you think that fair?

5. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

OK Proud

I presume you are talking about Pitt.

A poster that could not defend himself against the charge of being a liar and slanderer – in other words being a troll.

But you don’t seem to be even challenging my explanation as to his banning.

However I would very much like you to back up you claim that I’m a ‘blatant liar’.

6. Pennyroyal_Tea

Pennyroyal_Tea Member

^ second "aye".

This is looking less like a free speech forum, and more like a "Free speech until you piss off the man who pulls the strings" forum...

7. memo

memo Member

He was banned? Seriously? There's people that troll the shit out of this forum everyday and they've been here for years. Why aren't they banned?

8. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

OK Proud’s post was the equivalent of a crazy shooter firing his gun in the town square in the hope that he’s going to be taken out himself, basically suicide.

And he got his wish and is banned for one year.

PS - Memo, do you have a complaint against someone?

9. proud2deviate V2.01

proud2deviate V2.01 Banned

Bullshit. I had my sights squarely on you. No tyrant should ever be allowed to die a natural death. Beyond that, I resent the implication that I was "crazy". I knew exactly what I was doing, and the probable consequences of it. But "probable" doesn't make them right, by any stretch. I'll confess, I carried a small, naive hope that you'd be able to overcome your slimy, scummy, self-rightous and thoroughly reprehensible nature, but apparently it was not to be. No great loss.

"So calm
    Tracking your every move
    Unrelenting my conscious clear
    Beyond a shadow of doubt
    A force to be feared"

KMFDM - Professional Killer

The peanut gallery will notice that Lord Balbus has not denied or even challenged any of my previous claims. His only response is the watered-down shit posted above. Once again, he hides behind his moderator powers where any one of us would have just had to suck it up and deal with it. Another abuse of power.

Face it, Balbus. If I'd said that to anyone else, you wouldn't give a fuck. You wouldn't deign to glance at a forum problem that hadn't reared up and personally slapped you in the face.

A few years ago, there was a member running around here under the name "cat in the stove" or somesuch. He was an insufferable ass, a flamer and a troll. He was so bad that decent members were leaving on account of him. So I typed up a complaint, and I got the brush off. Nobody in authority gave a shit, because the abuse wasn't aimed at them.

You're a coward and a fool, and worse yet you've become all to comfortable with the use of your shiny red ban-button. Power drunk to the point of dementia, making lame excuses for your abuses of authority.

If any of you want to get ahold of me, I'm active on thehighroad.org and bladeforums.com under the username "proud2deviate". To hell with the Hiptatorship. . .

10. memo

memo Member

No one in particular at the moment, I just see a lot of trolling all over the forum and it's usually from folks that have been here for a few years. It's especially rampant in places where debates get emotional like the politics forum.

11. Michael Savage

Michael Savage Member

I know I do, but I'm not sure how one would go about reporting a rogue moderator.

12. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Michael

“I'm not sure how one would go about reporting a rogue moderator”

That is very easy to answer; if you have any complaints about any of the moderators you can go directly to Skip as the owner of the site.

Yours

Balbus

13. Man From NUMA

Man From NUMA Banned

14. Rainbowtoke

Rainbowtoke Member

Ive had problems here a year ago with "free speech" or the lack thereof here but never had a problem with any moderators. I found all the site can do is ban your ip addy and email. This doesn't work too well with people that use public wireless.

Now back to the subject.

I live in the mountains and need my guns to survive.

I love my country and the rights I used to have and not real keen on anything that limits or takes away what few rights we have left.

Point is if guns are outlawed only outlaws will have them. Nothing to look forward to.

15. challanger

challanger Banned

Nor have I ever had any problems with any moderators or even any regular members except for balbus. He says he instated a temporary ban and when it turned perminant he laid the blame on someone else. But he wont say who and no one else has ever laid claim to making it perminant. Personally I think it is a flat out lie by balbus. After 2 1/2 weeks I made a post refuting the reasons he listed for banning me. It now seems he deleted this post so no one else could go back and see for themselves. He did not however delete his reply to my response though. Its in post 1796, 1797 & 1798. In fact it appears he deleted all the subsequent post made by Admiral James Sandeck.
    In fact I stated I would be ignoring him and not responding to any more of his post as evident in his post 1804.

What are you afraid of people seeing balbus?

16. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Might be a good reason to worry about nuclear proliferation also.

17. Pennyroyal_Tea

Pennyroyal_Tea Member

This thread is growing pathetic... I'm going to go spend my time on other parts of the forum, and watch this shit storm unfold from the comfort of my chair. No more debating here. I'll just watch.

18. Michael Savage

Michael Savage Member

Wow...that is pretty effed.

There is no justification for that whatsoever. Please tell me that you "accidentally" deleted all those posts when you were messing around with your moderator tules, Balbus.

That is just not right! I don't even want to guess how many hours of his life this man spent trying to present information to truth-seekers in this thread. Only to have it erased??

Well if it's any consolation this thread was viewed over 37,000 times, so I'm certain that at least a few people had the wool lifted from their eyes before his account got blacklisted.

This is some shameful shit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.